The Dark Grimoire Tarot

Essjay

I do love the colour of these cards. The lovers card drew me originally with the second woman in the background. One for the wish list :)

ETA: The Lovers card looks as though she has chosen the other woman and is trying to extracate herself from him.

I must admit that I don't understand the 6 of Wands - has the ghoul brought the man the news of success he desires? But the man doesn't seem to be expecting him. Have I got the meaning wrong?

Syrah

Perhaps he's just suprised by or wary of the messenger.

This deck has definitely caught my eye. ;)

Essjay

Syrah said:
Perhaps he's just suprised by or wary of the messenger.

This deck has definitely caught my eye. ;)

You're probably right - who wouldn't be wary of a messenger like that!

Having looked at it again it looks as though the man had made a deal with the messenger expecting the messenger to never be able to fulfill his side of things. As a result, when the messenger returns truimphant the man is thinking, "Oh no!"

pippi

RiccardoLS said:

Good grief, those are captivating images! Love the Tower, Strength & 8 of Swords! Great atmosphere in the Lovers card, and the High Priestess is very pretty. Interesting take on the Ace of Chalices as well. Love the twist of the 6 of Wands.

Can't wait to see more!

JenniferAbe

Thanks for sharing the images Ric! I received "Twenty Years of Tarot: The Lo Scarabeo Story" since my last post so was able to see some of the images from when the deck was called Tarot of the Unspeakable, but being able to see the 10 images you posted for us is a real treat. I particularly like the version of the 8 of Swords in this deck.

I might have to look into getting the deck from Alida so I can have it in my hands sooner! :)

Pagan X

I think I will be ordering a couple from Alida too...want to take it to the HP Lovecraft Film Festival in October and do readings!

I love the Six of Wands. Who wouldn't want a message like that?

Onyx

I was fine until I saw the new images

I have been looking forward to this deck for a couple of months. I have had it preordered for over two months and I was fine, just patiently waiting. Now I have seen the awesome new pics that Ric has provided and I am desperate for it all over again.

I don't have any dark decks and this is the one for me. I love the art and the colors. It seems both deep and straight forward. Dark but not cheesy or over the top.

I like the borders and the listing of the names at to bottom.

Okay, how long until it is September?

Allan

FaireMaiden

Oh, yes... a SUPERB deck from what I have seen so far...

Love Love LOVE! the scrolled 'Title Banners' at the bottom... wish all LoS's decks were this way since they want to stay with the 'Title' in various languages... Also love the 'Symbol' of each suit just above the numbering... a small detail, much appreciated, and very pleasing to the eye, *vbs*

Each 'Expression' just takes you in... then, a quick glance at the lovely 'Banner' at the bottom without it overpowering the picture and distracting your eye away from the 'substance' of the card, completes the visual... very, very well executed...

And the 'Borders', themselves, in that dark green, really showcases the cards... just enough colour to brighten up the shadowy artistry... a very nice complement indeed... White borders are just too stark... Black borders tend to be too harsh... 'This is just right', said Baby Bear, *lol*

Aye... the best layout of an LoS deck so far, in my not-so-humble-opinion, *lol*

Well done, Ric... WELL DONE!!! (the Maiden gets in line to get her smokin' hot copy!) :cool5::smoker::cool5:

AJ

ooo that tower. Every little kid's boogyman nightmares come to life.

I find the 8 of swords guy kinda hot :) :)

rwcarter

AJ said:
I find the 8 of swords guy kinda hot :) :)
Ummmmm.... I'm pretty sure I see breasts on the figure in the jar, so are you talking about the creature holding the jar? And I thought that I was the only one who had this white trash rock star thing that I couldn't explain.... }) :laugh: })

Yeah, that deck will more than likely make it into my collection....

Rodney