De-Enabling Thread

gregory

Its enduring message is one of spiritual hunger

It will play MERRY HELL with your diet. You will get so spiritually FAT that you will not be able to MOVE your mind to do anything; it will get brain cholesterol problems, and high brain pressure and that sort of thing. You will end up with brain diabetes and stuff.

I don't even want this one. That has to say something :D

daphne

Tarot of the trees...I`m thinking more and more to buy it. But there are just...trees and beautiful colors...still...I am thinking too much at it...and this means...I`m very close to buying it heeeeeeeelp

ncharge

daphne said:
Tarot of the trees...I`m thinking more and more to buy it. But there are just...trees and beautiful colors...still...I am thinking too much at it...and this means...I`m very close to buying it heeeeeeeelp

I have to admit that the colors are amazing, but this deck looks like something a talented 6th-grader would draw - the art is flat and merely decorative. There is nothing about this deck that makes me want it. No cards that seem overly insightful, and some of them are just silly (like the forest of pine trees with pentacles hanging on them - like the artist couldn't figure out how to incorporate pentacles into the artwork). The colors. That's it. I could get that in the illuminated, or any of a number of awesome decks that provide new ideas for the cards or artwork with depth that you could just fall into.

Aerin

OctoberGwen said:
Tarot of the Vampyres.

I am saving my money! I don't want this deck! I already HAVE a pretty deck that I can't read with (Favole.)

And yet...every time I read something about ToV, I click over to amazon and come THIS CLOSE to buying it. Please help me. Thank you in advance.

Are you a sappy teenager? If not, then don't. There's only so much vampire eye candy a girl can take.

Instead, get a Buffy box set. Sooooo much better than all this Twilight mooning around nonesense.

Also, Vampyres with a y - how pretentious is THAT?

daphne

ncharge said:
I have to admit that the colors are amazing, but this deck looks like something a talented 6th-grader would draw - the art is flat and merely decorative. There is nothing about this deck that makes me want it. No cards that seem overly insightful, and some of them are just silly (like the forest of pine trees with pentacles hanging on them - like the artist couldn't figure out how to incorporate pentacles into the artwork). The colors. That's it. I could get that in the illuminated, or any of a number of awesome decks that provide new ideas for the cards or artwork with depth that you could just fall into.

true, true...but they give such an warm feeling, this is why they are so tempting

Vesper

Tarot of the Vampyres

OctoberGwen said:
I am saving my money! I don't want this deck! I already HAVE a pretty deck that I can't read with (Favole.)

And yet...every time I read something about ToV, I click over to amazon and come THIS CLOSE to buying it. Please help me. Thank you in advance.

This deck is brand new. It just came out. That means not very many people have it yet, and we haven't heard what doesn't work about it. Wait a couple months, will ya? People who didn't like it will start to post and you can get a balanced view.

It's not like it's going to sell out in a month. It will be around for a while. And it will start showing up in the Trades forum, and cheap in Amazon.

I'm not saying you should get it then, mind you! Just: don't get it right now. Go back to your collection and spend time with all those other decks you had to have... right now.

magpie9

daphne said:
true, true...but they give such an warm feeling, this is why they are so tempting
I expect they would burn quite nicely. Do you really want to spend money on kindling?
Buy yourself a pad of blank paper and some brilliant markers instead. You can create your own wonderful warm colors.

daphne

magpie9 said:
I expect they would burn quite nicely. Do you really want to spend money on kindling?
Buy yourself a pad of blank paper and some brilliant markers instead. You can create your own wonderful warm colors.

loooooooooooooooooooooll
made me laugh
You rock, guys!!!

Le Fanu

OctoberGwen said:
Tarot of the Vampyres.

Oh I was dying for someone to come in here and mention that...

SO glad you asked...

Never have I laughed so much at a new release. Oh pitiful band-waggon deck, Oh pitiful sheep-herd deck. Oh pitiful excrutiating artwork deck. And not a black organza bag in sight.

I have insider information; there was no organza bag for fear that it might upstage the quality of the deck.

How that dated album-cover art in fishnet stockings makes me titter. I love going to look at the scans (in fact, I'm addicted to it) to see how far tarot depths have plummeted.

Buy it OctoberGwen - go on - and we shall judge you mercilessly.

(bring on the Power Animals...far spookier in their way)

OctoberGwen

Le Fanu said:
How that dated album-cover art in fishnet stockings makes me titter.

How I love people who can - and do - use the word "titter"! :D

Thank you. (And you, Aerin, and you, evelone.) I think I'm safe for now.