A new De-enabling thread for 2008

faeryty

Thanks guys. I think i'm successfully de-enabled me from an almost exact rider-waite clone ... for now at least. :)

sapienza

The Norse?

I need a bit of help please. I've finally got to a point where I feel like I have all the tarot decks that I want.....except one.....The Norse.

I know it is out of print and hard to find but I COULD get my hands on one. It would cost me about $100 Australian which is about $85 US or 45 pounds. For me this is a LOT of money! Do I really need this deck in my collection? I've always wanted it but I do have plenty of other decks which I need to spend time with. I'd love to be de-enabled, there must be lots of reasons why I don't need this deck, other than the fact that I have others to use etc. Please someone tell me all the bad stuff about it...

6 Haunted Days

sapienza said:
I need a bit of help please. I've finally got to a point where I feel like I have all the tarot decks that I want.....except one.....The Norse.

I know it is out of print and hard to find but I COULD get my hands on one. It would cost me about $100 Australian which is about $85 US or 45 pounds. For me this is a LOT of money! Do I really need this deck in my collection? I've always wanted it but I do have plenty of other decks which I need to spend time with. I'd love to be de-enabled, there must be lots of reasons why I don't need this deck, other than the fact that I have others to use etc. Please someone tell me all the bad stuff about it...

Just paid for my Norse tonight, so my lips are sealed on this one ;). I don't wanna read all the nasty things going to be said about it *covers eyes*

ilweran

sapienza said:

Not really de-enabling, but do you think that if you finally get the deck that you've longed for, for so long it a. won't live up to expectations and b. you'll find another 'must have but difficult to get' deck. Sometimes it's the longing and the searching that is the point rather that the getting.

magpie9

I had a Norse and traded it away a few years ago. It's a clever deck, but overly dramatic. People striking Operatic Poses all over the place, High Drama round every corner, Beautiful drawing, but the faces...kind of Feral. There's a lot of sleaziness in Norse myth, and a lot of light--this deck is more on the sleazy side than not. I don't think it's worth the money or the time.

firefrost

The Norse did nothing for me either, mainly for reasons already stated. I got rid of mine too.

gregory

The Norse makes me think of Wagner operas. I HATE Wagner operas. :(

*if you love them do not read this post*

lunakasha

sapienza said:

I also had the Norse once but traded it....I didn't care much for the artwork. The colors were very pale, almost faded-looking, and a bit cartoonish. It is hard for me to believe that this is the same artist/creator of the Ancient Egyptian, which IMO is gorgeous, with rich, highly-saturated colors.

I know a lot of people seem to love the Norse, but I found it disappointing.

:) Luna

Debra

Wow. A lot of serious tarot people here de-enabling this deck. If Gregory AND Lunakasha AND firefrost AND Magpie9 all say "nay"--I'd be de-enabled!

Especially Magpie, who loves shiny things :D

lunakasha

Debra said:
Wow. A lot of serious tarot people here de-enabling this deck. If Gregory AND Lunakasha AND firefrost AND Magpie9 all say "nay"--I'd be de-enabled!

Especially Magpie, who loves shiny things :D

Hee hee....:p Debra!

I love shiny things too (my Precioussss....) but sadly, the Norse was not one of them!

Now the Greenwood on the other hand.....}) sorry, can't de-enable that one.

~Luna