Trimmed Crystal Tarots

Masa

Like a lot of people, I'm a little obsessed with this deck, but I'm not a fan of the borders. Also, I've got small hands, so I started thinking... Has anyone trimmed it? What size did it turn out to be when you were finished?

I don't know anything about deck-pimping, but this one really feels like it deserves gilding, too. Sooooo pretty.

Cassandra022

there is a general trimming pictures thread in Talking Tarot section, and i did not trim mine as much as some have, but here is a picture. I find the size quite nice.

Attachments

• crystaltrimmeed.jpg
    crystaltrimmeed.jpg
    121.2 KB · Views: 186

astronautica

If you check this thread here and scroll down a little bit, you can see some photos from other's who've trimmed it :)

It's such a beautiful deck and I think it looks fantastic trimmed! After looking at the trimmed versions, the borders almost seem restrictive - the cards seem to flow so beautifully into each other. (I haven't trimmed it myself yet but thinking about making it a holiday project)

Cassandra022

If you check this thread here and scroll down a little bit, you can see some photos from other's who've trimmed it :)

It's such a beautiful deck and I think it looks fantastic trimmed! After looking at the trimmed versions, the borders almost seem restrictive - the cards seem to flow so beautifully into each other. (I haven't trimmed it myself yet but thinking about making it a holiday project)

yeah, that's the link. i would have found it myself to post but too tired to think straight right now :]

trimming is much fun and looks great indeed.

Masa

Thank you for the link! Friggin' frig, it's so pretty. *_* Aiegh.

Can you compare the trimmed size to other standard sizes? I always have such a hard time imagining how it will feel in my hands. Cut down to just the central image, is it a bit narrower and a bit longer than a Hanson-Roberts? Maybe I should hunt down Le Fanu--his trimming job is the one I would be going for.

(I bet the long, skinny shape of yours feels awesome, though, Cassandra--I love that!)

Rasa

I trimmed mine, cutting off all the words and the outer white border, but leaving the inner white stripe on the top and bottom. I kept the corners square, but I might round them yet..

The size is similar to playing cards.. a little skinnier and a little longer.

They're also fairly close in size to my Meneghello Soprafino.. but a little shorter.

I don't really seem to have anything else with similar dimensions...

Le Fanu

These are mine. There is no better way to enjoy the vibrancy of the Crystal Tarot. They just have to be trimmed so that only the images remain.

Go on, tell me they're an improvement. ;)

Attachments

• SDC11954.JPG
    SDC11954.JPG
    100.5 KB · Views: 168
  • SDC11955.JPG
    SDC11955.JPG
    155.5 KB · Views: 147
  • SDC11957.JPG
    SDC11957.JPG
    108.5 KB · Views: 137
  • SDC11959.JPG
    SDC11959.JPG
    112.9 KB · Views: 150

astronautica

Gorgeous, they look like they'd fit perfectly in the palm of your hand! I think I have a new project for the weekend... and I love that tin! What a great way to use the title card :)

Le Fanu

Yes, they are the perfect size for shuffling. Like large Patience cards or small Poker cards :)

Zezina

These are mine. There is no better way to enjoy the vibrancy of the Crystal Tarot. They just have to be trimmed so that only the images remain.

Go on, tell me they're an improvement. ;)

The Crystal Tarot in a tin! [Faints with delight.]

And yes, although I'm not a trimmer myself, it is an improvement on near perfection!