"Vegan" deck?

reall

)

I don't know about Osho Zen, reall. There's a circus theme with a couple cards. A monkey dressed up on a leash, a tiger being ridden. There's also a caged bird. The cage door is open, but still.
(
yep! I've noticed that, but wth it's circus it could be worse!XD still bad from Osho Zen i expected more!x//

@Onaorkal be sure to note us what you pick in the end and how you like it when it arrive!XD i'm curious to know what deck would fit required criteria!?XD :))

Onaorkal

@Onaorkal be sure to note us what you pick in the end and how you like it when it arrive!XD i'm curious to know what deck would fit required criteria!?XD :))

I think until now, many decks would fall in the category "not too bad" and very few fit the criterias at 100%. For some decks I don't have access to all the cards so it's hard to tell.

I really do love the Badgers Forest Tarot and I believe it fits but it is very expensive (considering the Canadian dollar value and the shipping) so I would not purchase it now for sure.

feynrir

I wanted to give a quick mention to the Orbifold Tarot! It may be a bit of a cop-out in that there are no creatures at all (so it doesn't meet one of your criteria), but working with representations of energy, bonds, and space can be freeing and meditative, away from the complications of eco-politics. :)

Wonderful question by the way, totally admire you!

Onaorkal

Hello Feynrir thanks for your insight :)

I agree, working with symbols is a nice alternative. I'm pretty interested in the Physics Tarot, for example. I checked the Orbifold Tarot and it's a very good example of a basic/intuitive tarot! Can't rub anybody the wrong way with it! (Unless someone is really against using abstract images for tarot)

bluedogrose

My upcoming deck would fit the bill. It's called the Riderless Deck- all horses no humans, no real indication of people except the lantern card has a lantern on it. No harness, bridles, fences. I literally just sent the proof to the printer, it should be available at the end of the year.

nisaba

To some it might look like a weird question, but I'm curious to know if you aware of some tarot decks that would fit the following characteristics :

-Depicting animals and/or humans on at least some cards

-Humans not using animals in any way (no horseback riding, no clothes clearly animal-derived, etc)

-Animals not shown as having suffered because of humans (for example, caged or pierced by a sword)

-No animal-derived food pictured

Animals and humans can be shown together on cards, if it's clear they are companions and not in a dominant-submissive relationship or hunter-prey situation.

The KissaTarot immediately springs to mind. It fits all the criteria you give. So does the Tarot of physics, an unusual one which I own and which is great by any measure.

Edited to add: but the Tarot of Physics has no humans or animals, just the underlying principles that allow humans and animals to exist.

nisaba

Cephalopod Tarot might fit, but I can't find all the cards to see if it works.

The Ten Swords is a plate of ten cooked tentacles garnished with lettuce. And the Hanged Man is a cephalopod in a net being drawn out of the water.

nisaba

The riders are the least violent obstacle here. I suppose you could assume the animal is being treated well and it's a harmonious relationship, but that's up to you.

Even so, do you ever find a horse making a human rider get onto its back and ride it any time the horse chooses?

Honeysun

Pagan Tarot seems to fit the criteria :) In most cards, only humans are depicted (with some exceptions, of course)

Aeric

Even so, do you ever find a horse making a human rider get onto its back and ride it any time the horse chooses?
Hey, I'm not pretending it's not problematic, I'm trying to reduce the limitations for the purposes of a usable deck, is all.

While I didn't notice the calamari 10S for a quick glance, you'll notice I did see the netted Hanged Octopus, in my post...