Canadian Yukon Northern Tarot

Bat Chicken

A new deck has been developed by a Yukon artist inspired by images of the North. I understand that a limited number of decks have been made and the artwork for the entire deck is in a traveling exhibition that will arrive in Gravenhurst Muskoka, Ontario later this summer at the Auburn Gallery.

Here are some links to an CBC interview about how Neil Graham conceived the deck and a look at the cards. As far as I can tell, they are only available from the artist:

http://www.cbc.ca/airplay/episodes/2013/05/02/yukon-artist-creates-a-northern-tarot/

Some of the cards: http://www.studio-gallery.ca/2007/Neil/index.htm

Does anyone have a copy of this deck?

Padma

Bat Chicken! :D So glad to see you again! :)

That's a really interesting deck, love the Canadian folk art style! But, until you posted this info, I had not seen or heard about it...I will have to go check out the artist's home page :) thanks so much for sharing, and I am glad to see you are well! :love:

Bat Chicken

Gregs - In the interview he says he has a complete deck and that he has sold a few. And the article you referenced was from 2007.

Hi LP! :love:

The crowned one

Graham printed 50 Tarot decks of his paintings packaged in signed and numbered boxes designed by Margriet Aasman. The decks are available for purchase for $125. Hand of the North opened at Yukon Artists @ Work on May 3rd and continues until June 5. The show will also travel to Ontario and France.

poster with information

You can buy it here: but you have to email them

Bat Chicken

Yay! CO - thanks for that.

I DO know that the show will be in Muskoka and that it is very likely that the deck will be available there for the show. I saw the Gallery announcement first, which inspired me to go looking....

gregory

Oh yes - but his website only shows 22... I wonder if he will leave any at the Auburn Gallery...

Do you have dates for that - they haven't posted 2013 on their website yet :D and I WILL not do facebook.

Bat Chicken

I doubt he'll leave any there but I am sure Terry will make sure one is kept for you if you talk to her.

I just messaged her. Hopefully she'll have dates to share soon!

gregory

Thanks. I never really like to have valuable decks sent in the mail.... And Canada Post, well...

Bat Chicken

Neil's work will be at the Auburn Gallery in Gravenhurst from July 19th through August 2nd. The opening day, which is Saturday the 20th, the artist will be present and that may be the best time to get decks.

(ETA the opening day confirmed and decks WILL be available)