Finally! Chronata's tarot deck in progress

persephone1

This is gorgeous! and one I will purchase when complete. Amazing talent and a beautiful deck in the making. Kudos to you!

Elven

Chronata, OMG!! :)...

[size=+2]You are AWESOME!!![/size]

That is the most BEAUTIFUL DECK I have seen. What can I say!! You are so talented and gracious!! They are stunning!!:)

Please put me on your list for your Limited edition deck. I would be thrilled to have such a treasure.:)

Well done!!
Extraordinary!!

Many Blessings
Elven xx

temperlyne

Hi Chronata,

any luck with creating the cards? You know you are my guide in this process, all your hard work migh eventually save me a lot of frustration!

How is the website comming along? As you know I'm creating my own right now and it I find it a very frustrating process. I sure hope you are more comfortable with a computer than I am, or have some great help! I imagine that a site done in your imaginative style would look gorgeous. Your cards deserve there own special home on the net.
I'm really looking forward to your interpretations of the minors too! Don't keep us waiting too long, but take all the time you need though. ;)

Chronata

I have been sort of avoiding this thread for a while....only because there is so little news to report!

But I did want to say thank you to everyone for your continual interest!
Especially all the newcommers....Northsea, (thanks! The Q of Wands was my first AT card! I am thrilled that someone appreciated her!!) Junia, Persephone, Elven...and others who sent me PMs!

And Thanks for nudging me back on track, Temperlyne! :)

Here's what I have to report....

The website project is gathering dust at the moment...because I really needed help, and some people who were helping me, have been busy and distracted.

I wish I could say that it was going to be this really cool fantastic site....but really it has sort of become this place to just dump the images of the cards.
And even THAT....with the rather rushed idea that it is...isn't finished yet!

I have sketches for minors....but nothing painted or blocked in yet!

And I had been thinking that my production quality was not up to snuff.

I just have this idea in my head about what tarot cards should feel like and look like....and I really thought my laminated cards were too shiny....too homemade looking, simply because I am making them by hand.

I brought some samples with me to the Chicago tarot meetup, and April and Astra were very kind! They actually said that the card was better than it needed to be.
I also showed the samples to a lot of non tarot folk to gauge thier reactions...and everyone loves them (except maybe me) so I am going ahead with this type of production!

But my least favorite part of this has been my old printer...and it's inconsistant prints. It is about 8 years old now...so I have been shopping around for a nicer quality printer.

So...this means...if all goes well, some production WILL take place this summer...and I can start getting card sets ready.

The price decided upon is $85 US for the LE. Some people tell me this is too much, and many people say it's not enough...and some people tell me I am crazy to include hand painted boxes...and preorder extras!
But there it is.

When I get my new printer, enough boxes complete, and the booklet thing done...and as soon as I get my paypal account thing worked out, I can start doing this...and getting them out there!
Hopefully before August!

Anyway...thanks again to everyone for your support!
Drop my a PM if you are interested....(I have been saving my list of all of you who want to be on my preorder list! and as soon as they are ready....I will let you know!)

Ankou

Hey honey,

Sounds like you're going all out for your production!!! Hand painted boxes, wow... Printer difficulties I think are always the worst bit. see if you can find a used HP 1120. They are work horses and the color quality is great, plus they'll print on just about anything you can get in the slot (card stock, thin peices of wood :) ) They are out of production but if you get a lightly used one, they're fabulous.

Anyway, can't wait to see the pips!!!! And I LOVED your death card for the AT tarot...

anyway hope this isn't too off topic

Love and Light,

Ankou

yaraluna

where's Chronata?

anyone knows where chronata is? i was wondering how she is doing with her prod issues etc

yaraluna

smokey

Chronata, I have always followed your work! ...since Day 1 Even!!...
BeCause_(*I LOVE IT!)!
You are so modest, Though! < giggles> You shouldn't be!
$85... Is Not Too MUch!!!

HearthCricket

Thank you for the link to this deck, Chronata! It is absolutely amazing and exactly what I am looking for! Your major arcana is fantastic! The images are so fun and yet keep that almost eerie feel of a masque, when anyone can be behind the mask and anything can happen! I can't even decided which one I like best, because they all really speak to me! I can really see your experience as a costume designer shining through with all those lovely period costumes on the cards, which is basically making me drool! Now, I have been craving a deck to use with this sort of theme, and for Halloween, as well, and this is just perfect, perfect! I want a deck, soooo bad!

Love the way strength reminds me of Beauty and the Beast. I watched the TV show of B&tB, which lasted about 2 1/2 years. One of their shows, a Halloween episode, was a Masque, where Vincent (the Beast) was able to go out into the public for one perfect night, and attend a masque, as no one would know he was real, and not in a costume. Between that, Phantom of the Opera, and every other thing I have seen about masques, you have captured the essence of it all and I am so grateful to you for sharing your talent with the rest of us!

cormac

i just came across your 'uninspired' thread and followed it over here -- i have to repeat what many have said already that your deck so far is fabulous -- you have a great talent in art and in tarot obviously from your arrangements -- the devil and death are perfect truly

i hope you continue it :)

Feisty Kat

Love the cards! Wish it was already a completed deck as I'm so impatient! Loved both the Wheel of Fortune cards, good luck choosing just one. Looking forward to seeing the rest.

B*B--Feisty Kat