Thoth Tarot and a Magical Career

thorhammer

*pounces*
Aeon418 said:
Liber AL describes two kinds of worship (two cults if you will). Nuit and R.H.K.
R.H.K. is the archetype of the HGA. Replacing the old archetype of the slain and resurrected god represented by Osiris.
What do R.H.K. and HGA stand for? (Is that a stupid question?)
Aeon418 said:
But become the Sun and the light disappears and is replaced by the darkness of space.
I'm not even going to start on the rest of your post - I know that i've got reading ahead of me, so I'll just have to stoke the forge and warm the iron when I'm a bit more prepared :) I just wanted to say that this one statement is, indeed, food for thought . . . to me. I like it a lot.

\m/ Kat

Aeon418

thorhammer said:
What do R.H.K. and HGA stand for? (Is that a stupid question?)
No, don't worry. It's my fault for using shorthand jargon.

R.H.K. = Ra Hoor Khuit. HGA = Holy Guardian Angel.

R.H.K. is an archetype, a generic stand-in, for the HGA. The HGA is an anthropomorphization of a higher level of consciousness. It's what most people would call the "god within". The reason why it's useful to give a level of consciousness human-like form, is that it is very hard for most people to deal with abstract principles like Briatic consciousness. But give that principle a form and a name, and we can interact with it and relate to it.

People have used this principle for thousands of years. An example might be love. As an abstract quality it's a little hard to pin down. But give it a form, maybe of a goddess, and you've got something that is almost tangible that you can relate to. The HGA is similar to that, but much higher.

thorhammer

Aeon418 said:
No, don't worry. It's my fault for using shorthand jargon.

R.H.K. = Ra Hoor Khuit. HGA = Holy Guardian Angel.

R.H.K. is an archetype, a generic stand-in, for the HGA. The HGA is an anthropomorphization of a higher level of consciousness. It's what most people would call the "god within". The reason why it's useful to give a level of consciousness human-like form, is that it is very hard for most people to deal with abstract principles like Briatic consciousness. But give that principle a form and a name, and we can interact with it and relate to it.

People have used this principle for thousands of years. An example might be love. As an abstract quality it's a little hard to pin down. But give it a form, maybe of a goddess, and you've got something that is almost tangible that you can relate to. The HGA is similar to that, but much higher.
Ah! How . . . illuminating :D to belabour a pun. That's very helpful, thankyou. Off to read on Abrahadabra now . . .

\m/ Kat

Aeon418

thorhammer said:
Off to read on Abrahadabra now . . .
Abrahadabra - Cheth - 418 - Atu 7 The Chariot.

The Charioteer in his golden (Solar) armour is another representation of the HGA. But if you could lift his vizor you would find nothing but deep, deep, infinite darkness. NOX - the Night of Pan. (This is also alluded to in the RWS deck, where a canopy of stars hangs above the charioteer.)

The human consciousness can just about deal with God in the form of the HGA. But the real, deeper mystery of it's nature would send you mad and blow your mind. This is represented by PAN, the god of divine madness. Is it any wonder that sages have nearly always been thought of as mad or crazy?

Atu 7 has been redrawn to reflect this in The Liber T Tarot.

Has anyone got a piccy?

thorhammer

Aeon418 said:
Atu 7 has been redrawn to reflect this in The Liber T Tarot.

Has anyone got a piccy?
Yep, see below. Interesting stuff, Aeon. The idea of the darkness of infinity behind the visor intrigues me and I'll be thinking about this for a while.

\m/ Kat

Attachments

• 07.jpg
    07.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 94

Aeon418

thorhammer said:
The idea of the darkness of infinity behind the visor intrigues me and I'll be thinking about this for a while.
Thinking with the finite, rational mind about something that is beyond the rational mind - infinity. Have fun trying though.

thorhammer

Aeon418 said:
Thinking with the finite, rational mind about something that is beyond the rational mind - infinity. Have fun trying though.
LOL You know what I mean :)

\m/ Kat

Aeon418

thorhammer said:
LOL You know what I mean :)
LOL ;)

But you are on the right track anyway. Going back to the Chariot card, it's Hebrew letter is Cheth, which means Fence, Wall, hedge, a shell, a citadel etc., etc. It's all pointing to limits, bounderies, and protection. This is one function of the HGA and it's relationship to the infinite. Without the HGA to act as intermediary it is, metaphorically speaking, like sticking your fingers in a electricity socket.

Nevada

Rosanne said:
Does one write to O.T.O. to acquire this book 1V?

thorhammer said:
Ah. I see . . . it's the Roman numerals. Certain things confuse my mind, including accounting, physics, Roman numerals and fashion. This is the book that similia was talking about.
It can be found online, here:

http://www.hermetic.com/crowley/aba/

Thanks from me as well for that list, Aeon. I'm intrigued yet again.

Shoot, I may actually have to read more Crowley now... :bugeyed: (Never thought I'd hear myself think that.)

Nevada

kwaw

Aeon418 said:
IV The Formula of Alhim: also that of Alim. - The Star
VIII Of Equilibrium: and of the General and Particular Method of Preparation of the Furniture of the Temple and the Instruments of Art. - Adjustment
XI Of Our Lady BABALON and of The Beast whereon she rideth: also concerning Transformations. - Lust
XVII Of the License to Depart. - The Emperor

If they follow the order of the cards, should not IV be Emperor and XVII Star?

If they followed the order of the paths / letters (with their corresponding cards) would not VIII be Lust and XI Adjustment?

(In the case of IV, on the presence or absence of the letter He in ALHIM or ALIM, does suggest here it is the path of He - Star).