World spirit tarot...what do u think?

Alrisha

I just ordered a deck of world spirit tarot @ amazon.com. care to share your view on this deck?

13thFaeChylde

I love this deck tremendously!
I love the colors, the art, the feelings it gives me
I love the different colors of people
I love the fact that it was created by two women from Asheville, NC - my home away from home
I have had some very clear readings with this deck, for myself and for others. I wish there was a bigger book, b/c a lot of the symbolism is not familiar to me.

Jewel-ry

I'm not sure about this deck, I can't quite make up my mind. Some of the images I like a lot others have been enough to turn me right off (thats why I want to trade it - if anyones interested!).

J :)

13thFaeChylde

Was just reminded that I really don't like the Sun card, but that's the only memorable one ...haven't looked at them in a while.

Astraea

I really like this deck, it's vibrant and rich -- but, oh, that Sun card! :D

jema

As I recall it was immensly popular on this forum about a year ago. Everyone posted about it or wanted it.
Me too.
And it is a good deck, bold colours and easy to read - yet for some reason it snuck to the bottom of my basket and I don't think I used it for months.

And yeah, the sun card...
and the man with no pants...
Although he doesn't disturb me so much anymore.

Mimers

jema said:
And yeah, the sun card...
and the man with no pants...
Although he doesn't disturb me so much anymore.

Despite the 2 things listed above, I think this is a great deck. There are so many things I love about it that it makes the Sun card seem not so bad. It is very rich in color. Also, it is multicultural. I love the type of artwork they use as well. It also depicts women of all shapes and sizes as well.

It is a fabulous deck.

BTW, I took a pen and gave the man a pair of shorts. Now he looks fine!

Alta

This is still one of my all time fav decks. I like everything about it. I once read an interview with the authors on the Sun card. I gather it is one their babies. They have been quite surprised at the reaction, I gather they didn't think he actually looked like Richard Nixon. :D Doesn't bother me I still like the whole deck.

Sulis

This is one of my all time favorite decks as well. It's the deck which really 'clicked' with me - The imaqery is so rich - the more you look, the more you see.

Some of the cards are just amazing; - Strength, The High Priestess, The 3 of Cups and The Empress spring to mind.

On the other hand some of the cards just don't do it for me: The Sun, The Star, The Heirophant and probably a few more - the man on the 10 of Pentacles doesn't bother me though; I quite like that card :)

In all I'd say that the good cards in this deck far out number the bad - it's a lovely deck - well worth getting.
I'm about to dig it out and do some readings with it.

You can read the interview that Marion mentioned HERE

Love and light

Sulis xx

ncefafn

I've never been interested in this deck simply because I can't get beyond the black borders. Most people adore this deck, but the borders are such a drag for me. :(

Anyway, my .02 worth.