What was your Strength year like?

Pao

This coming year will be my Strength year. I am SO NOT looking forward to it. What were some of your experiences during your Strength year?

franniee

It all depends..... are we figuring 8 or 11 :D

I like to think it would be 8 so then for me that would be 2004 - hmmmmm well nothing bad happened to me. I did have to juggle my newborn, my business, my husband & ME .... my daughter was 2 and a half months at the start of that year and I was taking her to work with me so it was quite stressful for me! I do remember terrible hives - but I get that when I am stressed. But she definitely was/is my most special blessing.... so how can there be any bad when I think of her! :heart:

This year for me would be 13 - uh oh! :bugeyed:

Whitestar

My last 2 Strength years have been VERY HARD physically. Meaning, healthwise. So bad, I wouldn't want to live either one of them again!!!!!

My last one, I had injured my shoulder, had to have shoulder surgery, the surgery didn't go well and then my shoulder was "frozen" for most of the year. Excruciating pain, I had 2 young boys and trying to live life with the use of just one arm and constantly in pain was hard.

The Strength year before that, I was pregnant, and I was as sick as a dog, extreme "morning sickness" lasted 24 hrs. a day for about 7 months...had to force myself to even eat. Beautiful baby though!!!!!

I know that's not everyone's kind of experience though!!!!

Whitestar

moon_shadow

My last Strength year was in 2006. On the 1st day in the Strength year(my bday!), I told my(then) husband I wanted a separation. I went through with it, I moved across the State, and started to live alone. It was an unsure/trying/learning year for me. But I got through it, and I am still here .. stronger and happier:D

The Strength year before that was in 1988;my first year as a mother. Well, I gave birth to my first child that year. Lots of adjusting, lots of learning.. lots and lots of new experiences as any first time mom would go through. :)

Both years seem to have the same quality.. many new, unknown, trying, scary, but exciting things in it(for me anyway), from which I was able to learn a lot.

Pao

yes we are figuring 8 :) wow so it seems like the year brought NEW things to try and handle and take control of then...hm well gee i wonder what that will mean for me? i hope nothing bad but the idea of strength and having to be strong makes me think of bad things....who knows maybe ill meet prince charming elope and have to figure out how to live with another human being without killing him or myself :joke: me share?? never!! lol :laugh: I just want thing to get calm and peaceful...i guess we shall see....

thanks guys!

Priestess

Hi Folks

Just thought I'd ask how you work strength year out, are there other years too.

FoolToThink

I was wondering this too. I am about to start my Strength year. I'm also worried haha. However I can't imagine things being worse than my Chariot year, soooooo.

Pao

FoolToThink said:
I was wondering this too. I am about to start my Strength year. I'm also worried haha. However I can't imagine things being worse than my Chariot year, soooooo.

maybe it means we will go to the zoo :p i give up i cant take more stress so ill hope for the best!

Briar Rose

::falling over onto floor:: Oh my God Pao, I've been through so much in 2008 and I still have to have a strength year in 2009 ????

Tell me what to expect from this kind of year.

I never heard of this before.

SunChariot

I just finished a Strength/Justice year in June. I was confused the whole time if it was supposed to be a Justice year or a Strength year. I figured I would know which it was by how things went LOL It was a year 8 for me.

In retrospect, it did seem to be more of a Strength year for me. It was on ok year, but it really was a year that required some inner strength of me and that taught me a lot of lessons about how to develop more inner strength.

I mean it was ok, nothing that bad, but a lot of inner lessons on that topic....things I had to face that made me stronger kind of thing...

Funny thing is I found that what a lot of people think of as strength, asserting themselves to get their way, is not my most effective kind of strength.

I am finding more and more that my strength comes from truly feeling the connection and love between everything and everyone as deeply as I can, and by understanding the perfection of the world. When I am at one with the perfection of the world, there is nothing that needs changing, and I at one with that strength that is the all. When I am in that place is when I am at my strongest.

Babs