What was your Strength year like?

SunChariot

Pao said:
so basically my life will suck a bit more than it already does?? oh great i think ill just hang myself before the year begins! :bugeyed: :(

thanks all!

It's not about the events that will happen (it rarely--if ever-- is in life) but about how you will react to them and feel about them. Strenght is a feeling after all, not an event.

Feelings are everything. Two people can be in exactly the same situation and one can be bummed out and the other can be truly calm and peaceful. We do, after all create our feelings with our thoughts and we are the ones who decide what thoughts we want to have about something.

The point is that no matter what happens that year, your life will not FEEL like it is sucking to youbecause you will have the inner strength inside not to see it that way.

Perhaps, last year you might have taken the same events that way, seen them as an indication that life is sucking. But this year you will have the newfound strength to see it in a new way that will leave you with more positive thoughts and feelings. You will have developed the inner strenth and wisdom to no longer see things in that way.

And once you do develop that, it is a very great gift in life and it will be with you always. It is a gift that will enhance your ability to be happy, from that point on. And that truly is in fact something to look forward to. :grin: But sometimes you have to face a touch of adversity to learn to rise above it. You will rise above it. It is your Strength year.

Hope that makes sense and helps.

entropy

Ooh... I just figured out my "year" for 2009 and its 14, which is going to be a VERY welcome change from 13... Let's hope the merging/alchemy thing actually applies to the obvious.

SunChariot

divinest said:
My strength years, I think, my maths might be completely up the spout, knowing what I'm like. :p

1987 – year I was finally removed from my abusive family. And fostered by a NEW abusive family. Yippee. I was 2, so I don’t remember much.

1997 – Second year of high school. Bullied non-stop, because of glasses, being a tomboy and a bookworm. Not a pleasant year.

2005 – Second year of university. I was failing my course, I had just found out that I was dyslexic, dyspraxic and that I had ADD, and I was having to come to terms with that. I was also having to come to terms with my ex-boyfriend lying to me and leaving me for my supposed friend and housemate.

The two years that I remember (obviously when I was two, I was too young to remember anything, especially seeing as it was pretty traumatic), were hellish, but I stayed true to who I was all the same, I kept going, and they were years that really helped me grow as a person.

This year for me is Justice and The High Priestess - it's been 3 months of that now (born at the end of August...), karma and intuition. Very much so I think. I've had a really shit life, to be frank, and things are actually coming together for me, both spiritually, emotionally and mentally. The only thing that isn't improving is my health (I've had a throat infection for two and a half months :p), but I think that's because my body is being able to rest, as I don't have the stresses that I had before. And I'm learning to pay attention to my intuition more than anything, I'm finding that spiritual path that I feel is right for me, when I never had the confidence for it before. If that makes sense.

I do think you math might be off also, they don't seem to be showing up at the right frequencies to me.

Although I am sorry to hear about those events in your life,and I do wish you happier events that bring you joy in 2009.

Babs

SunChariot

entropy said:
Ooh... I just figured out my "year" for 2009 and its 14, which is going to be a VERY welcome change from 13... Let's hope the merging/alchemy thing actually applies to the obvious.

Best wishes on your 14/Temperance year!

Btw, unless you are born January first, it is not the whole of 2009. Your year card starts at one of your birthdays until the next. For example my bd is June 29. So my 2008 year started June 29. 2008 and will run until June 28, 2009 (Hermit year currently). On my bd in 2009, June 29, 2009, starts the next year card (Wheel of Fortune year coming up).

Thought I would add that in in case there was any confusion. Unless that confuses things more. LOL

Babs

Pao

SunChariot said:
It's not about the events that will happen (it rarely--if ever-- is in life) but about how you will react to them and feel about them. Strenght is a feeling after all, not an event.

Feelings are everything. Two people can be in exactly the same situation and one can be bummed out and the other can be truly calm and peaceful. We do, after all create our feelings with our thoughts and we are the ones who decide what thoughts we want to have about something.

The point is that no matter what happens that year, your life will not FEEL like it is sucking to youbecause you will have the inner strength inside not to see it that way.

Perhaps, last year you might have taken the same events that way, seen them as an indication that life is sucking. But this year you will have the newfound strength to see it in a new way that will leave you with more positive thoughts and feelings. You will have developed the inner strenth and wisdom to no longer see things in that way.

And once you do develop that, it is a very great gift in life and it will be with you always. It is a gift that will enhance your ability to be happy, from that point on. And that truly is in fact something to look forward to. :grin: But sometimes you have to face a touch of adversity to learn to rise above it. You will rise above it. It is your Strength year.

Hope that makes sense and helps.

thanks so much SC! your post made me feel better. yes, this yr and most of my life i tend to drown in a glass of water and then worry and worry and worry some more. I hate that about myself. I wish i wasnt like that. I wish things did not affect me to the point of making me sick. so if Strength will help me with that I welcome it. thanks SC!!! :love:

Vadella

Yeah Pao I was thinking about this for you.... thinking about all our conversations over the past year. I think Strength will be a good year for you. You won't put up with the crap anymore. Via home or/and the workplace. You will take control of the reigns (not to sound like the chariot lol) and deal with everything better than before. You will surprise yourself. :)

xx
Vad

Pao

Vadella said:
Yeah Pao I was thinking about this for you.... thinking about all our conversations over the past year. I think Strength will be a good year for you. You won't put up with the crap anymore. Via home or/and the workplace. You will take control of the reigns (not to sound like the chariot lol) and deal with everything better than before. You will surprise yourself. :)

xx
Vad

I hope so though that really doesnt sound like doormat me! :laugh: but i hope soooooo!

SunChariot

Pao said:
thanks so much SC! your post made me feel better. yes, this yr and most of my life i tend to drown in a glass of water and then worry and worry and worry some more. I hate that about myself. I wish i wasnt like that. I wish things did not affect me to the point of making me sick. so if Strength will help me with that I welcome it. thanks SC!!! :love:

Yeah, me too, even though I am getting better at not doing it. I also tend to have a rather long memory for what I feel I did wrong, but it's so easy to forget when things go well. LOL

Working on both those things...:heart:

Babs

Vadella

That's what strength does to one Pao. lol You gain courage inside. ;) You take no more bs.

Whitestar

divinest said:
My strength years, I think, my maths might be completely up the spout, knowing what I'm like. :p

1987 – year I was finally removed from my abusive family. And fostered by a NEW abusive family. Yippee. I was 2, so I don’t remember much.

1997 – Second year of high school. Bullied non-stop, because of glasses, being a tomboy and a bookworm. Not a pleasant year.

2005 – Second year of university. I was failing my course, I had just found out that I was dyslexic, dyspraxic and that I had ADD, and I was having to come to terms with that. I was also having to come to terms with my ex-boyfriend lying to me and leaving me for my supposed friend and housemate.

The two years that I remember (obviously when I was two, I was too young to remember anything, especially seeing as it was pretty traumatic), were hellish, but I stayed true to who I was all the same, I kept going, and they were years that really helped me grow as a person.

This year for me is Justice and The High Priestess - it's been 3 months of that now (born at the end of August...), karma and intuition. Very much so I think. I've had a really shit life, to be frank, and things are actually coming together for me, both spiritually, emotionally and mentally. The only thing that isn't improving is my health (I've had a throat infection for two and a half months :p), but I think that's because my body is being able to rest, as I don't have the stresses that I had before. And I'm learning to pay attention to my intuition more than anything, I'm finding that spiritual path that I feel is right for me, when I never had the confidence for it before. If that makes sense.

Hi divinest,

I have the same birthday as you! (not the same year though) and your math is absolutely correct...and those have been my Strength years also. I believe we have another coming up in 5 ish years or so too...

I'm glad you are enjoying your Justice year and that it's been a positive thing....I'm not so sure about mine yet.

Whitestar