Aleister Crowley Thoth Tarot is now oop??

Konata

i've checked on Amazon.com and eBay, and the marketplace sellers put it on a high price....

and i also find it hard to find since couple weeks ago.

is it really out of print? or what?

Cerulean

I've been seeing it in stores lately, though...

I checked borders.com and three stores in Northern California near me have them listed The U.S. Games green box version. I actually bought a purple box version recently, having a choice of either at a local Borders.

It may be that those in stock at European distributors like tarotchest.com or to U.S. stores such as Borders might come direct from AG Mueller? AG Mueller used to supply some titles such as Roots of Asia, Via Tarot, Old Path and other decks such as the Thoth to be distributed by U.S. Games in the U.S.---some of those decks still seem to be in print in Europe and show up in shops that will order AG Mueller titles...but periodically I see such a title labelled "Out of Print" in the U.S.

I hope that helps if you are looking for that deck.

Cerulean

Konata

Manda said:
I'm pretty skeptical. Here is a thread discussing the topic -

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=111072&highlight=Thoth+oop

wahh, i missed that thread >,< i'll check on it.

thanks Manda.

Cerulean said:
I checked borders.com and three stores in Northern California near me have them listed The U.S. Games green box version. I actually bought a purple box version recently, having a choice of either at a local Borders.

It may be that those in stock at European distributors like tarotchest.com or to U.S. stores such as Borders might come direct from AG Mueller? AG Mueller used to supply some titles such as Roots of Asia, Via Tarot, Old Path and other decks such as the Thoth to be distributed by U.S. Games in the U.S.---some of those decks still seem to be in print in Europe and show up in shops that will order AG Mueller titles...but periodically I see such a title labelled "Out of Print" in the U.S.

I hope that helps if you are looking for that deck.

Cerulean
yup, my local bookstore still sells it, the green box version. myself owns the purple edition ^o^

just thinking if the deck is really oop, i can stock it then :eek:

nisaba

I think only the Blue Edition is OOP, I tried to get a hold of it recently and I think the Green was still available (but I didn't want that one).

Le Fanu

I assumed it was just a question of dwindling stocks until the new Urania edition (currently only with German titles) becomes more widespread...

Priestess

HI There Amazon .co.uk has one used and one new.
ETA there is only one used one like new and as usual seller is trying to make big bucks from it. Soz.

Ann1988

Konata said:
i've checked on Amazon.com and eBay, and the marketplace sellers put it on a high price....

and i also find it hard to find since couple weeks ago.

is it really out of print? or what?

I had a hell of a time tracking one down, too. Everyone is out of stock or is only selling them at very high prices. A few days ago, I found some at TarotBearsLair.com. Last I checked, they still had all three sizes left.