Aleister Crowley Thoth Tarot is now oop??

Le Fanu

Ann1988 said:
Everyone is out of stock or is only selling them at very high prices.

Strangely enough, a few months ago I had a Thoth splurge and suddenly became obsessed with buying all conceivable available editions of the Thoth. Two copies of each in some cases to have as spares; Big AG Mullers, middle-sized AG Mullers, pocket AG Mullers, plus US Games Green box, US Games purple box, 3 Magus card etc etc etc All different combinations to have a mini-stockpile of Thoth!

Then suddenly people started having difficulty finding them. My intuition was right ;)

Konata

okay, this means, the Aleister Crowley is on its way to "out of print world". there are very few cards left on few stores......

Sulis

Konata said:
okay, this means, the Aleister Crowley is on its way to "out of print world". there are very few cards left on few stores......

Why do you think it means that it's going out of print? Maybe there are some distribution problems but I really think that you're being a bit previous if you think that one of the main classic decks is about to go out of print because a few shops have low or no stock.

Konata

Sulis said:
Why do you think it means that it's going out of print? Maybe there are some distribution problems but I really think that you're being a bit previous if you think that one of the main classic decks is about to go out of print because a few shops have low or no stock.
i had the same experience with Whimsical Tarot deck.

first, there was a very few decks at eBay, but i did not buy it, and bought the Favole Tarot T__T

then, when i really wanted the deck, i searched on Amazon.com, Amazon Canada, even googling for it for days, and found the deck is oop T__T like hell i want the deck.

just in case, if the Thoth is really going to oop, i'd like to buy some spares...... ^o^

Le Fanu

The Thoth wouldn´t go out of print as it is one of the great, classic decks of all time. However, as with all decks, they go through different editions and the cardstock and printing varies. As I love the AG Muller/ US Games editions, I thought Id get them while I could...

Sulis

Konata said:
i had the same experience with Whimsical Tarot deck.

first, there was a very few decks at eBay, but i did not buy it, and bought the Favole Tarot T__T

then, when i really wanted the deck, i searched on Amazon.com, Amazon Canada, even googling for it for days, and found the deck is oop T__T like hell i want the deck.

just in case, if the Thoth is really going to oop, i'd like to buy some spares...... ^o^

The Thoth deck is one of the main three decks; those being the Rider-Waite-Smith, The Tarot de Marseilles and The Crowley Thoth.
The Whimsical deck is a deck that would go out of print because it's just another deck - if folks aren't buying enough of them then they stop being produced.
The Crowley Thoth deck is completely different.
There is no evidence that this deck is going out of print so I would say that it's not.
Please stop panicking over nothing.

cardlady22

From what I gather in the back & forth in the Thoth forum, there is a new photo/printing coming out after some consolidation of various publishers. There will always be a version of the Thoth available. It is just the specific older publisher name versions that may disappear.

www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=35108
*start around post #110* goes on with people who have been receiving their German versions lately

Also, re: Whimsical being reprinted ~ start at post #20 here
www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=114005

Konata

Sulis said:
The Thoth deck is one of the main three decks; those being the Rider-Waite-Smith, The Tarot de Marseilles and The Crowley Thoth.
The Whimsical deck is a deck that would go out of print because it's just another deck - if folks aren't buying enough of them then they stop being produced.
The Crowley Thoth deck is completely different.
There is no evidence that this deck is going out of print so I would say that it's not.
Please stop panicking over nothing.
wuah, thanks Sulis, i'm relieved now....

cardlady22 said:
From what I gather in the back & forth in the Thoth forum, there is a new photo/printing coming out after some consolidation of various publishers. There will always be a version of the Thoth available. It is just the specific older publisher name versions that may disappear.

www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=35108
*start around post #110* goes on with people who have been receiving their German versions lately

Also, re: Whimsical being reprinted ~ start at post #20 here
www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=114005

thanks a lot cardlady22 for bringing the info!!! i'm so happy to read about the Whimsical....

robstanley1

I'm having the same problem at the moment with the Transparent Tarot; seems to be very scarce on the ground, and no whispers about whether there's going to be another print run, or not :(