?Is it a new Insect ally??????

Mi-Shell

Hi folks! I need help with identifying this Shape Changer/ Insect!
As you may know from some of my previous posts I do "see" cancer cells in people as blue dots.... Now lately in trance there always was/ is a small metallic blue Insect, that goes to these cells inside my patient's body and "blinks them out dead" I can not describe it any different... :(
But the Insect is lightning fast and very secretive and so far did not want me to see it....
But today - sitting outside in the bush, meditating, I all of a sudden "woke up" and saw this here Insect scuttling through the fallen leaves. I picked it up and it pooooped a ochre colored substance into my hand.
It did not smell. Then it played "dead" but soon decided to run all over my hands. It does not seem to be able to fly and has small mandibles but did not bite ....
We have no Insect guide book and I wonder, ifff you with all your fast internet connections could help to identify it. - -I can not get or load any pictures from the net in reasonable time to try......
I think it loooooks a lot like an Ant, but a metallic blue one?? And sooo large????
Of course I am wondering, ifffff I now met my little helper from the Otherworld in real life.....
Thanks!
Mi-Shell
Signed: lost in the world of Shape Changers....

Attachments

• metalic blue bug.jpg
    metalic blue bug.jpg
    190.9 KB · Views: 183
  • What is it.jpg
    What is it.jpg
    247.8 KB · Views: 175
  • Ant or not.jpg
    Ant or not.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 159
  • DSCN7133 crop.jpg
    DSCN7133 crop.jpg
    183.7 KB · Views: 144

Debra

Yah, it looks like a beetle to me too. Mi-Shell, here's a pic from the web showing a "purple tiger beetle"

Attachments

• 2870567701_e2a315fd08.jpg
    2870567701_e2a315fd08.jpg
    226.1 KB · Views: 143

thorhammer

Debra, your attachment comes up blank for me :(

\m/ Kat

Debra

Yep. Sorry! I put in a different one. You can find them by googling "purple tiger beetle" images, but Mi-Shell has a slow phone line so I wanted to give her a picture here...

The crowned one

My First thought was ant. A queen carpenter, with eggs.

is this it

Debra

Hm. Different body shapes.

There are about ten gazillion insect species. Sigh.

Is there an entomologist in the house?

BodhiSeed

Great ID roppo!:D

Here's a bit about them from the Kaufman and Audubon guides:

There are 21 species of oil beetles/blister beetles (Meloe). Adults exude skin-blistering irritants in a defensive tactic called reflex bleeding. Cantharidin is the chemical agent. If disturbed, this beetle feigns death by falling on its side. The larvae climb up plants and ride bees to their nest. Once inside the bee's burrow, the larva molts into a grub that consumes pollen and nectar stored for the larval bee, as well as the larval bee itself.