?Is it a new Insect ally??????

Milfoil

WOW. (why am I saying wow? I believe this stuff!)

As a kid I always used to wonder how our ancient ancestors knew which plants could help them treat diseases and which were toxic etc. I sort of had this feeling that it was more than mere chance experimentation but never really accepted the usual explanations of trial and error methods down the ages.

Of course, now I accept that we can and do interact with all things around us and that there have always been those amongst us who seem to have a knack for doing this more easily than most. At some point, science is going to have to accept that which they cannot quantify merely by the proof of the pudding!

Perhaps we should be giving thanks not only to this lovely little beetle but to all the ancestors before us who also connected with and learned from every other life form on this planet to give us the understanding of natural medicines we have today.

Grizabella

It looks like something from the Fantastic Menagerie deck.

But it didn't look like any of those beetles in the pictures everyone posted to me. It reminded me of a big ant species I used to see when I was a little girl and that one reminded me of the big queen ant. A beetle wouldn't have such short wings, would it? Wouldn't the wings completely cover the abdomen like those other beetles that people posted?

Mi-Shell, maybe you and your buggy little friend have come together to share the cure for cancer with the world. You should see if you can get scientists to listen to you about it.

thorhammer

Milfoil said:
As a kid I always used to wonder how our ancient ancestors knew which plants could help them treat diseases and which were toxic etc. I sort of had this feeling that it was more than mere chance experimentation but never really accepted the usual explanations of trial and error methods down the ages.
I've always had this gift with plants. I *know* what plant I'm looking for to help with whatever ailment I'm trying to mitigate (only in myself - everyone who knows me thinks it's totally off the wall and won't let me near them with a leaf! :D); conversely, upon encountering a new plant, I get a sense of what physical "uses" it could have. And lots of other things, too - like its seeding habits, no matter what time of year, animals that prey on it/live in it etc. I just have this thing with plants. A kinship, almost.

So while I'm totally impressed by Mi-Shell's synchronicity, I'm not in the least bit surprised.

\m/ Kat

Mi-Shell

Hi guys!
Thank you for all your posts!
You all are such treasures and found all the information!
I an still in shock and amazement about all this.
Today I took time out and put offerings of Bee pollen and honey to the place where I found the Meloe and to where I put it back.
I have not seen it but a little song, chant rather, came to mind - as a thank you.
Now I am on the net looking at all the web sites and pictures and articles....
Tomorrow is New Moon and I want to do a "Medicine journey" to see iffff I can find out more....
Blessings to you all!
:) from me and Meloe!

Mi-Shell

Trance Journey 18. 9. 2009 8.15 am

Hi folks!
Today I am even more alarmed and “scared Shitttttless” than in previous days, because of what happened in / on my Medicine Journey this morning:
I had in mind to “go down” and give thanks for finding a Shape shifter ally (Insect helper) - the Meloe and maybe spend some time with my tiny “Kauze Kauze”, (who looks a lot like an Eurasian Scops Owl, just maybe even a little smaller.... )I took her to a gong and singing bowl concert in Orillia the other night but she was not at all happy because of the noise.... So I owe her one..:)
She has a name, but I better just call her L. here....
Here however is what happened:
Just before we go a few pointers:
This is a thetha trance journey into the “otherworld” where I go and work since 45 years and where I know my way around.
“The Shack” is a cottage with one season at each of its sides: South is Winter with ice and snowstorms, North is a lush greening Birch forest filled with Birds and all things Spring, East is a forest in late Fall leaves on the grund, hoarfrost and stacks of firewood between slender Birches. West s a lush sunny garden with myriads of Flowers, Herbs, Vegetables, Fruit Trees, a brook with Trout and allll things Summer.. From he roof you can see all 4 seasons at once and the stars above, through the firepit you get up there or into the stars, below is a root cellar, where it goes further down where lost souls are to be found .... and on and on... It is a whole shamanic biosphere and only one of many I know......
J. however is one like me. She is of my clan and I often meet her there. This is our “headquaters“. J. is in her mid 70ties and also lives in flat in a suburb of Kyzyl......

Trance Journey 18. 9. 2009 8.15 am to about 10.00am
L. and I quickly found ourselves in the wooden shack/ log cabin in the Siberian bush.
J. was sitting on the table beating her drum but had already set up a steaming mug of peppermint tea for me. I set down and transmitted all the happenings around the Meloe (including your parts, AT!!) to her. Then I pulled out of my fur cloak a smallish clay pot , round and domed. There on a bed of leaves I had the Meole. I let her out and run about. She went for the honey pot....
J. knew nothing about her. She is not into this type of healing. But she advised to go see Umai.
So I went right through the West wall of the cottage below the window into Summerland. lush garden, all greens, Flowers, Bees, Buggggggs:( Birds, the brook gurgling.......)
I went into the back garden. L. left my shoulder to go up into the large Willow tree where she has a nesting hole and where her mate is.(J.’s Kauze Kauze)
I started to play my mouth organ and waited. I sensed Umai’s green Powerful presence, but she did not materialize. Then, from the North West of the garden a yellow gleaming, light and honey dripping female Bayan (Spirit) arrived!
She was made of honey, honeycombs, yellow Flowers stuck to her, send ivy-like tendrils and green leaves. She smelled Honey....
The Bee Mother! ( The Melissa!)
I was fearful, that She would hurt Meloe, but in wordless wisdom She transmitted to me, that, no, ‘a Meloe belongs into the hive +is “one of Hers”
The exudate (substance a Meloe puts forth) that is, what keeps Bees healthy and kills dangerous fungus that would otherwise destroy the hive and kill all the bees. It also is what bees at times collect to get into the hive. In exchange the Meloe larva live in the hive and its warmth over the winter. The Meloe’s “honey” is the Bee’s Medicine to stay healthy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!’
“Does it fight cancer? “I asked.
She said - in words:
“ It is not always about cancer. This is about the Bees”
And with that she “showed” me in multidimensional roundabout pictures the healthy hive, the Bees, pollination in the wilds, pollination of food crops, humans harvesting these food crops and especially canola and “Raps”
(Cat!! explain what that is please...)
In a whirrrrrlwind tour I saw large parts of the ecosystem that are dependant on the pollination of Bees and need Bees to be healthy.....

“People forget! Remind them!!!! She said and was gone...

I was shaking even in trance by then....
I went back into the shack.
J. had more Tea and a piece of bread with honey.
I was still rattled from the meeting of the Bee Mother and needed the grounding
J. reminded me, that I have to plant a peppermint plant into a deep container and ........“check in your book”
I looked around our shack and realized that L. had stashed several dead mice on the mantelpiece above the stove.....
Then, in the corner, the large birch bark basket/ box was moving!!
The lid lifted up and Ee’ren Omsu’r lookd out!
Then, still with the ragged old moth-eaten fur he came out and went for the door. By the time he reached it he was fully alive, nice and shiny fur strong and agile!.....
I wanted to ask ........!!
J. said: “Let him go! That is, what he does!”
The trance was fading and I stufffffed down my bread, gulped my tea and left, L. on my shoulder.
Outside (the door is on the South= Winter side...)
we had to quickly get through the icy cold and blowing snow into the pasage cave.....

I will now just see, what you think!
Millie! You know about Bees! Is here a bad virus out and about? do the scientists know, what to doooo against it?
My mind is still ratteling and reeling from the implications of his.....
????? !!!! ?????
I will now brew myself a peppermint tea - and calm down.....

Debra

Attachments

• 800px-Rapeseed_field.jpg
    800px-Rapeseed_field.jpg
    269.9 KB · Views: 96

canid

roppo said:
It's a Meloae americana, blister beetle.

http://insects.ummz.lsa.umich.edu/images/Coleoptera/meloid.jpg

Better leave it alone. Often it secrete poisonous liquid which gives you a blister, hence its name.

Oh, my, you're right! I'd looked them up before because I had heard that sometimes one could end up in a bale of hay; a single wing can kill a horse! I started microscopically inspecting my hay bales but that's just impossible.

canid

thorhammer said:
I've always had this gift with plants. I *know* what plant I'm looking for to help with whatever ailment I'm trying to mitigate (only in myself - everyone who knows me thinks it's totally off the wall and won't let me near them with a leaf! :D); conversely, upon encountering a new plant, I get a sense of what physical "uses" it could have. And lots of other things, too - like its seeding habits, no matter what time of year, animals that prey on it/live in it etc. I just have this thing with plants. A kinship, almost.

So while I'm totally impressed by Mi-Shell's synchronicity, I'm not in the least bit surprised.

\m/ Kat

I've been researching wilds for years & everyone treats me the same way! However, we could survive in the wild, couldn't we? I know what to graze on & what not to. Last year I actually canned a bunch of lamb's quarters but I had to sneak 'em in the meal & tell everyone "it's just spinach, guys." Yeah, right - tastes BETTER than spinach & has more vitamins. Bet you've seen it a million times...

http://tribes.tribe.net/naturesapothecary/photos/7d797369-d942-4ffa-8ad7-dc3a31f4ab0b

& thought it was a weed! It was introduced to the US by pioneers from Europe where it's cultivated in gardens.

I wish I had your ability tho, was able to 'know' which plant would heal without researching it first.

Cat*

Wow, what a journey, Mi-Shell!

Mi-Shell said:
The Bee Mother! ( The Melissa!)
I was fearful, that She would hurt Meloe, but in wordless wisdom She transmitted to me, that, no, ‘a Meloe belongs into the hive +is “one of Hers”
The exudate (substance a Meloe puts forth) that is, what keeps Bees healthy and kills dangerous fungus that would otherwise destroy the hive and kill all the bees. It also is what bees at times collect to get into the hive. In exchange the Meloe larva live in the hive and its warmth over the winter. The Meloe’s “honey” is the Bee’s Medicine to stay healthy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!’
Debra has beat me to a reply (thanks for the scientific term for the bee dying and the Wikipedia link!), but I also recently read about new research about the dying of complete bee colonies (the original article the news item was about is linked in the Wikipedia article in quote #35, from what little I grasped in skimming it, it says that a protein disorder is responsible for the dying of the bees, by way of making them unable to defend themselves against dangerous fungus).

And with that she “showed” me in multidimensional roundabout pictures the healthy hive, the Bees, pollination in the wilds, pollination of food crops, humans harvesting these food crops and especially canola and “Raps”
(Cat!! explain what that is please...)
Once again, Debra was faster, but I found out from Wikipedia that rapeseed is also known as rape, oilseed rape, rapa, and rapaseed. Canola is a kind of rapeseed.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rapeseed
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canola

I was still rattled from the meeting of the Bee Mother and needed the grounding
J. reminded me, that I have to plant a peppermint plant into a deep container and ........“check in your book”
Now I'm wondering how peppermint is related to all of this... Besides serving as a calming tea for you, Mi-Shell, that is. ;)

Does any of you plant-savvy people have any input/thoughts/ideas/wild speculations on this?