Aeclectic Tarot
Dedicated to the diversity and beauty of Tarot since 1996

· Tarot Decks   · Tarot Meanings   · Tarot Forum   · Home

Tarot Gallery Tarot Card Meanings Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Community What's New

Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot > Using Tarot Cards

Welcome to the Aeclectic Tarot Forum!

We are the oldest and largest Tarot forum community on the Internet. If you have any questions about any aspect of Tarot or using your cards, or you just want to connect with other Tarot enthusiasts, you've found the right place!

Registering your account is completely free, and allows you to post, share readings, search, view extra boards and more.

Hope to see you in the forum soon!

The Fish 
Citizen

wheel of fortune as timing

What have people experienced, or think, the wheel fo fortune may represent as 'when' something is going to happen?

Normally I wouldn't ask a timing question as I can never really work out what it is saying - and I apologise if this question has been asked before.

I kind of thought it was probably saying 'when the time is right', but I also get the feeling it could be representing a certain moment, and with new year coming up, even though I wouldn't have really thought this was a card for new year, may be...?

Last edited by The Fish; 30-12-2009 at 09:10.
The Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2009 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #1
rwcarter 
student of tarot

Generally that's the problem with timing questions. Unless you go in with a specific idea of what kind of timing you're asking about, you never know what kind of timing the deck is answering you with. It could be a specific date, a range of dates or a "when other things have happened" answer.

According to Golden Dawn Astrological Associations, The Wheel covers the period 23 Nov through 21 Dec. So either the event just happened or it won't until late 2010.

The Wheel is a 10 card, so it could represent 10 days, weeks, months, years or decades. (You can find various already indexed threads on timing here.)

And because it's the Wheel, it could be saying, "That's not for you to know. It will happen when it happens."

Rodney

Old 30-12-2009 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #2
The Fish 
Citizen

Cheers Rodney, I reckon you're right - it'll happen when it happens - as it is a good tower event (knight cups - 2 cups - ace coins) I don't think I am meant to know, in case I try and put a spanner in the works, lol.

Damn! hahaha

Anyone else wish to share their view?

Old 30-12-2009 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #3
canid 
Not sure yet...

I'm completely guessing here, but I'd think it would mean 'now', or perhaps even backtracking - a setback. I think the surrounding cards would have much more influence in determining timing with the Tower.

Old 30-12-2009 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #4
The Fish 
Citizen

canid, that was my other thought, that it was imminent, the tower was in the previous reading, and this was a clarifier of 'when' this even would happen, but still, with these two cards appearing in succeeding spreads on the same situation, could well mean it's about to happen, hence why I thought may be new year - not that I had any plans of going anywhere apart from work and home on my own - but I suppose that is what the tower, and the WoF mean, it's something which is unexpected, or comes in a flash.

Thanks for your input.

xx

Old 30-12-2009 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #5
re-pete-a 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwcarter

And because it's the Wheel, it could be saying, "That's not for you to know. It will happen when it happens."

Rodney

Good call RW C,
for RPA,
The kings or any Major cards indicate that it's not going to be revealed , it's out of your hands.

METHOD
Decide which season represents which element of your deck.
Each season has 13 weeks and a few days.
Each minor card up to Qn, of your chosen season represents that matching week.
Match it to a calender and retain the marked calender.

EG:
Ace swords (autumn for RPA,air) would represent the first week of autumn.
Kn o Wands (summer for RPA,fire) would represent the 12 th week of summer.

NOTE:
when reading for international clients even though you use your calendar at home, it's transposed to suit their seasons. but your timing reference remains the same.
In other words, if it says 10 th wk of summer for you , it may be the 10 th wk of winter for them.

Find out what works for you.
re-pete-a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2009 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #6
The Fish 
Citizen

Thanks re-pete-a, very much appreciated.

xx

Old 30-12-2009 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #7
Fostha 
Citizen

I'd guess with the tower as part of the spread,then the message from the wheel is probably supposed to be read as "expect the unexpected" here maybe.Personally with the wheel though,i usually think it will only happen if its meant to,and some things just aren't.

Old 30-12-2009 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #8
The Fish 
Citizen

Thanks Fostha, something happening if it is meant to happen is definitely something I will keep in mind for the future. I am kind of in disbelief about this reading, and about who appeared as the clarifier for the knight of cups - king coins - who keeps appearing repeatedly for me recently, and if it's who I think it might be, it will be a surprise, and will come out of the blue :-).
xx

Last edited by The Fish; 30-12-2009 at 09:46.
The Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2009 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #9
Fostha 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fish
I am kind of in disbelief about this reading, and about who appeared as the clarifier for the knight of cups - king coins - who keeps appearing repeatedly for me recently, and if it's who I think it might be, it will be a surprise, and will come out of the blue :-).
xx
Surely if you've got someone in mind its hardly a suprise or out of the blue now is it,or are you really struggling to think of who it can be now?

Old 30-12-2009 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #10
Go ad-free and support us too - upgrade to subscriber today