Sin's Cross ~ general spread

Sinduction

After speaking about this in another thread, I've had some requests to post it here. There is a beginner and an advanced version.

I call it a Cross spread but then I added more cards to it. I will also do a sample reading for you to better explain it.

The Beginner. For this, I used only the majors, as this was what I used when I was first learning and I began learning with the majors. You can always use the whole deck if you want to but I find it works best for me with majors only. Unless I'm using the Transparent Tarot, then I use the whole deck and stack three images on top of each other.

***1***
2*****4
***3***

Starts off simple enough, doesn't it. Let's talk about the positions.

1. Always describes my client, usually the energy that is surrounding them at the time or an important issue they are currently dealing with.

2 & 3. Give more about the situation. Think of it as the who, what, when, where, and how. Basically, anything that wasn't answered by the first card.

4. Advice, always advice.

You can also add a 5th if you want an Outcome.

Sample reading, remember Majors only.

Emperor~ this is the energy surrounding me (sitter) at the moment. I am in the middle of a situation where I have gained some power over my situation.

High Priestess~ more info on this situation. This card is speaking that the power gained is more of an intuition/other-worldly power. (which is the case) I'd also note that the HP is floating, which is also noteworthy for me.

Tower~ even more info. This newfound power has allowed some previous blocks and old beliefs and ways of life to no longer be of need so they are crumbling away. And, while this is painful and not always easy to deal with, it is for the bettering of my self.

Justice ~ advice. Try to stay level as much as possible. Be blind to the things falling away until you are able to see what takes their place. Keep the emotions level, try not to do too much during this time of tumult.

Ok, hope that is clear. Then, once you incorporate the minors into your readings, you can move on to the more advanced spread.

The Advanced

***1***
*5***8*
2*****4
*6***7*
***3***

I lay the first 4 as above and then place the next 4 to connect to the original 4. Once you are comfortable reading the beginner spread, this one goes along the same lines.

1. Always describes my client, usually the energy that is surrounding them at the time or an important issue they are currently dealing with.

2 & 3. Give more about the situation. Think of it as the who, what, when, where, and how. Basically, anything that wasn't answered by the first card.

4. Advice, always advice.

then I lay the next 4

5. More info between cards 1&2.

6. More info between 2&3.

7. More info between 3&4

8. Expands on the Advice. Adds more.

Add a 9th if you want an Outcome.

Sample reading:

Ace of Coins~ Something new for our sitter (me) and this would denote my greater sense of the world, not being stuck in my head so much.

Page of Coins~ Leads me to have more fun with the world but also still learning how to "live" with these new changes. Still figuring things out.

3 Wands~ Watching the ship coming in. Scene is at dusk. This has been a long wait and it seems that things are going well.

King of Swords ~ Advice card. Don't forget that the mind must still be dealt with. So take steps to ensure you are prepared. Then I would into Elemental dignities with Earth and Air.

Now our new 4

7 Cups~ This will connect our Ace of Coins and Page of Coins. So, I would see this as exploration in her new world. What will she do now, with this new life?

King Wands~ Connects Page to 3 Wands. Even being new at this, I have strong ambitions for what I want and I'm not afraid to go after them. (as we can see in the 3 Wands) And we can see that things are getting done.

Ace Cups~ Connects 3 Wands to King Swords. Here is where I would caution that any emotional overload may push my sitter back a few steps. Back into her mental body, which is where she has just escaped!

The Moon~ Expands the advice of King of Swords. Now, because of the Ace before it, I would read the three together. The Moon cautions against getting too caught up in that dreamy other world where our sitter clearly needs to stay grounded in the Earth realm. So, the emotional mind, the mental mind, and the spiritual mind are going to be areas she will need to be mindful of until she is more accustomed to dealing with the Earthiness.

I hope that all makes sense. :D You can read all 8 in order or do the first 4, then the last 4. I do both, depending on the reading. If I find I need more info sooner then I draw the cards.

Amanda

I tried it, and I really like it! Except, I can't seem to read for myself. LOL I just did the 4 cards but, didn't just use the majors. Although 2 came up for me anyway. I think I might post my reading in the Your Readings forum.

Sinduction

Sometimes the 4 card reading doesn't do much for me if I use the whole deck. I find I get clearer readings if using only the majors.

I do suppose either variation would be good if asking a specific question as well.

I'm glad you tried it! It does get easier with more use as well. I think, if you are used to reading with specific placements for each card this type of reading may take some practice.

I also have used the 4 to make accurate predictions.