The Little Loot League

Mellaenn

Hi, there, Little Loot League! Here is your very own thread. The details of the swap in your group are now really up to you; I just ask that you not divert from the general idea too much and please make sure everyone in your group is comfortable with any changes that are made.

Use this thread to swap ideas for your oracle kits. If anyone has anything that they really would NOT like (e.g.: bones or teeth or severed ears or what have you. :grin:) please let your fellow groupies know!

Let’s take another week to assemble the kits. I leave it up to you to make sure you trade addresses, but will check with you.

And don’t forget to visit the other groups on their threads to see what your Divine Sisters of the Junky Sisterhood are up to!

The Junkanoo Gang

The Doo-Dad Divas

The Booty Babes

JUNE 1 TO JUNE 7 (or so)

*Check to see what group you're in and click on the link to find your group's thread.

*Go post in the link and start visiting with one another there.

*Exchange addresses with one another. Everyone in your little group will be sending a package to everyone else.

*Continue to gather items. As you get to know your partners a bit you'll get a feel for what each one likes.

*We'll start shipping in a week but no big deal if it takes another few days; don't panic.

*Eventually we'll use our new oracles to read for one another; we'll do that right from our group threads as well.

Mellaenn

Hi, gang! Great to be here among the Continental set. :grin: I'm going to send a pm to each of you as I am sure you are all sound asleep at the moment.

I am fine with anything that you send to me. If it calls to you, I'm sure it will have something to say to me as well. If I have time, I might try to make a little list of meanings that I think might apply to what I send, but it would just be for fun and not intended to be the "right" meaning. You'll have your own ideas, of course.

Looking forward to a great exchange!

Flaxen

I'm so excited about this!

I've found loads of objects around my house and found a few more out shopping yesterday. I probably have enough for 8 - 10 pieces per person.

Personally, I'm happy to receive anything - especially bones. :)

Mathki

Yeah, our very own Little Loot League thread! :D

I'm very excited to be a part of it! Though, I must say, that a week to collect is not quite enough for me; could we possibly make it 3 weeks or is that too long for you guys?

I would like NOT to have bones, teeth and severed body parts, but other than that, the sky is the limit! :p

Do any of you have any particular requests? I live in an island, surrounded by nature, so if any of you don't want objects I find here - or if you really do - then please let me know and I will be happy to oblige! :D

I will PM you all with my address in a minute!

Flaxen

Mathki said:

I'm very excited to be a part of it! Though, I must say, that a week to collect is not quite enough for me; could we possibly make it 3 weeks or is that too long for you guys?

I don't mind having some extra time. :)

Mathki said:
Do any of you have any particular requests? I live in an island, surrounded by nature, so if any of you don't want objects I find here - or if you really do - then please let me know and I will be happy to oblige! :D

I love natural objects so anything you gather would be lovely - stones, shells...

Aulruna

Hi Little Leaguers!

Very happy to be here!

I'm very easygoing, there is nothing I would NOT like to receive. I live in the city, so don't expect too many natural things from me though - I simply don't have access to much.

I like making things though - hope you will be okay with receiving a few handmade items?

Flaxen

Aulruna said:
I like making things though - hope you will be okay with receiving a few handmade items?

I was thinking the same thing - I make little clay oracle pieces. They are usually a disc shape, about 3cm long and are painted with symbols. I've got my clay out ready to go if people are happy to have one.

I love handmade items. :)

Aulruna

Ohhh, yours sound lovely too, Flaxen!!

I made some special dice for the first installment of junk oracling, and now plan to sculpt a few things from polymer clay.

Actually I had hoped to exchange more things at the Readers Studio, but the main junkers were not there this time around ... the good thing is, I brought back some items I can now use for this swap!

Mellaenn

Mathki said:

Mathki, here are a few suggestions. First of all, we don't have to all send things out on the same day. In fact, it's kind of fun to look forward to a little bag every now and then, so even if it takes 3 weeks for you, so be it!

But do consider that it will take as long as a month for some of our packages to reach one another. :) I don't know how long it will be among the three of you, but between here and the U.S. the transit will be quite a long time. This is not a problem for me; I can start reading with the oracle that I already have.

That said, I have my stuff already and I may just go ahead and ship mine out this week. Will this alarm everyone? No pressure...just jumping the gun on the ocean transit...:)

Mellaenn

Aulruna said:
May I just say that Aulruna is being a bit modest. The things that she makes are exquisitely lovely and any oracle would be proud to have a bit or two!

Flaxen said:
I was thinking the same thing - I make little clay oracle pieces. They are usually a disc shape, about 3cm long and are painted with symbols. I've got my clay out ready to go if people are happy to have one.
Very exciting!

The thing about an oracle is that it is a creation of energy, so the having the energy of my fellow Looters would be a bonus in my oracle!

Speaking of which, I do have lots of metal bits and plastic toy pieces since that is my focus, I refer to mine generically as The Toy Oracle. But as far as sending out, I have sea shells and sea glass that I have collected myself (in flow with the energy theme here) and some crystals that might like new home, if anyone has a yen for a few natural pieces.