Aeclectic Tarot
Dedicated to the diversity and beauty of Tarot since 1996


    · Tarot Decks   · Tarot Meanings   · Tarot Forum   · Home

Tarot Gallery Tarot Card Meanings Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Community What's New

  Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot > Using Tarot Cards

Welcome to the Aeclectic Tarot Forum!

We are the oldest and largest Tarot forum community on the Internet. If you have any questions about any aspect of Tarot or using your cards, or you just want to connect with other Tarot enthusiasts, you've found the right place!

Registering your account is completely free, and allows you to post, share readings, search, view extra boards and more.

Hope to see you in the forum soon!


Reply
 
Thread Tools
kglyphics 
Citizen
 
Join Date: 18 Mar 2012
Location: Massachusetts, USA
Posts: 2,643
King of Cups as outcome for relationship direction?


I recently got the King of Cups as an outcome for a relationship direction...

I searched the forum and couldn't find anything that really answered this question.

Does this mean that the relationship will become a king of cups type of relationship?
kglyphics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2012 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #1
Thirteen 
The Thirteenth Moon
Moderator
 
Thirteen's Avatar
 
Join Date: 17 Sep 2001
Location: Pluto
Posts: 7,345
Mature Romance


Quote:
Originally Posted by kglyphics View Post
Does this mean that the relationship will become a king of cups type of relationship?
Yes. It means that if the relationship continues in the direction it's going, it will become a "King/Cups" type of relationship. Remember that the Kings are the mature aspect of the suit, so this means that the romance, love and other "soft" emotions represented by the Cups will mature in the relationship. Meaning you're less likely to see childish drama, teen angst, or wild mood swings. Feelings will be more dependable, steady, deep, compassionate.

On the other side--as there is always another side to all the cards--the relationship could also become the sort where those involved are joined-at-the-hip. Intensely focused on themselves on each other, while losing their focus on anyone or anything outside of the relationship.
Thirteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2012 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #2
kglyphics 
Citizen
 
Join Date: 18 Mar 2012
Location: Massachusetts, USA
Posts: 2,643

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
Yes. It means that if the relationship continues in the direction it's going, it will become a "King/Cups" type of relationship. Remember that the Kings are the mature aspect of the suit, so this means that the romance, love and other "soft" emotions represented by the Cups will mature in the relationship. Meaning you're less likely to see childish drama, teen angst, or wild mood swings. Feelings will be more dependable, steady, deep, compassionate.

On the other side--as there is always another side to all the cards--the relationship could also become the sort where those involved are joined-at-the-hip. Intensely focused on themselves on each other, while losing their focus on anyone or anything outside of the relationship.
so if a friendship with romantic undertones got the king of cups as an outcome would it blossom into a more mature relationship?
kglyphics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2012 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #3
Thirteen 
The Thirteenth Moon
Moderator
 
Thirteen's Avatar
 
Join Date: 17 Sep 2001
Location: Pluto
Posts: 7,345

Quote:
Originally Posted by kglyphics View Post
so if a friendship with romantic undertones got the king of cups as an outcome would it blossom into a more mature relationship?
Yes. However, I don't think you should dance off with dreams of wedding bells in your head. A King/Cups is savvy enough when it comes to emotions to know if those undertones will enhance the relationship or destroy it. Meaning that if the romantic feelings have an edge of immaturity to them, and have the potential to threaten the relationship rather than develop it, King/Cups maturity would advocate developing the friendship over developing the romance.

So your outcome there could be a mature friendship rather than a mature romance. If you want to know better which one, pull the King/Cups, set him down and ask the cards to clarify.
Thirteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2012 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #4
kglyphics 
Citizen
 
Join Date: 18 Mar 2012
Location: Massachusetts, USA
Posts: 2,643

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
Yes. However, I don't think you should dance off with dreams of wedding bells in your head. A King/Cups is savvy enough when it comes to emotions to know if those undertones will enhance the relationship or destroy it. Meaning that if the romantic feelings have an edge of immaturity to them, and have the potential to threaten the relationship rather than develop it, King/Cups maturity would advocate developing the friendship over developing the romance.

So your outcome there could be a mature friendship rather than a mature romance. If you want to know better which one, pull the King/Cups, set him down and ask the cards to clarify.
Makes sense thirteen.
kglyphics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2012 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #5
Reply
Go ad-free and support us too - upgrade to subscriber today


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off



All times are GMT +10. The time now is 15:29.

 


Tarot Forum Categories
· Tarot Decks
· Using Tarot Cards
· Tarot Trading
· Talking Tarot
· Reading Exchange
· Your Readings
· Tarot Games & Fun
· Tarot Deck Creation
· Marseilles
· Rider-Waite-Smith
· Thoth Tarot
· Tarot Study Groups
· Lenormand
· Oracles
· Divination
· Spirituality
· Chat
· New Members
· Advertisements
· Forum Help


Aeclectic Tarot Categories
· Dark & Gothic Decks
· Steampunk Decks
· Goddess Decks
· Angel Decks
· Fairy Decks
· Dragon Decks
· Beginner Decks
· Pagan & Wiccan Decks
· Ancient Egyptian Decks
· Celtic Decks
· Fantasy Decks
· Tarot Books
· Lenormand Decks
· Rider-Waite Decks
· Marseilles Decks
· Thoth Decks
· Oracle Decks
· Doreen Virtue Decks
· Popular Tarot Decks
· Available Decks
· Upcoming Decks
· Solandia's Top Ten
· Top Ten Decks
· List All Decks

Who is behind the Aeclectic Tarot Forum?

My name is Kate Hill (also known as Solandia) and I'm a Tarot reader, deck collector, and lifelong student of the beauty and diversity of Tarot cards.

I created Aeclectic in 1996 to share my passion for Tarot with the world, and started the forum in 2000 so others could share theirs too. Contact me via email or here at the forum.

  Contribute to Aeclectic

· Add your deck
· Write a review
· Join the community

Get new deck updates via email
  Aeclectic Tarot Resources

Copyright © Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved.