Decks with Tarot Readers in them.

RunningWild

It's probably an odd question, but I love it when I see the tarot reader incorporated into a deck, like the Two of Cups in the Victorian Romantic.

I think MRP has a tarot reader in the three that I'll ultimately own...The Baroque Bohemian Cats, the Victorian Romantic and the Bohemian Gothic.

I think the Ancestral Path tarot has a tarot reader (The Fool card?).

Any others?

Nina*

Steampunk (Barbara Moore); the High Priestess.

RunningWild

I forgot about that one! I haven't looked at the deck in a while.

rwcarter

Simply Deep - 6 Coins

Today's Journey - Beginning (Fool) and Wisdom (Priestess)

Rodney

nisaba

<wilfully misunderstanding> And then there's the Kunati Edition of the Quantum, the one with the lovely silver-gilt edges, which has Tarot readers and Tarot designers as the faces on all of the cards. :)

There are some very self-referential decks: The Granny Jones has - I think - Granny as a Tarot reader on the Seven Cups, holding her own deck to show us the Seven Cups card, and herself on the HPS and all the backs, holding a bag of runes and a Tarot deck.

One of Barbara Moore's Pagan Tarot decks - I can't remember whether it was As Above or So Below - has a Tarot reader doing a reading, with four cards visible on the table - the Aces from that same deck.

I'm sure there are stacks of others - I just can't recall them at the moment, aside from some which have already been mentioned. :)

RunningWild

Simply Deep - 6 Coins

Today's Journey - Beginning (Fool) and Wisdom (Priestess)

Rodney

I don't have either of those decks but found an image for the Simply Deep card. What an interesting way of viewing things.

I couldn't find examples of the other deck's cards though.

<wilfully misunderstanding> And then there's the Kunati Edition of the Quantum, the one with the lovely silver-gilt edges, which has Tarot readers and Tarot designers as the faces on all of the cards. :)

There are some very self-referential decks: The Granny Jones has - I think - Granny as a Tarot reader on the Seven Cups, holding her own deck to show us the Seven Cups card, and herself on the HPS and all the backs, holding a bag of runes and a Tarot deck.

One of Barbara Moore's Pagan Tarot decks - I can't remember whether it was As Above or So Below - has a Tarot reader doing a reading, with four cards visible on the table - the Aces from that same deck.

I'm sure there are stacks of others - I just can't recall them at the moment, aside from some which have already been mentioned. :)

:laugh: @ willful misunderstanding. I wondered how long it would take for someone to point out a deck made by readers.

Granny Jones Tarot has been on my wishlist for a few years. I'm still hoping for a reprint. LOL

I didn't bother looking for images of the As Above or So Below decks. The whole thing put me off when it first came out for some reason that I no longer remember.

Aw man! That deck came and went before I ever got into tarot. I like it!

I have this deck and had forgotten about that card even though I just had it out last weekend to show it to a friend. I guess I didn't spend any time actually looking through the deck myself.

Thanks heaps to everyone for taking the time to respond!

rwcarter

I don't have either of those decks but found an image for the Simply Deep card. What an interesting way of viewing things.

I couldn't find examples of the other deck's cards though.
As weekend is approaching I may have time to scan the two cards in and post here.

RunningWild

That would be fantastic, Rodney. Thanks!