Decks with Tarot Readers in them.

nisaba

:laugh: @ willful misunderstanding. I wondered how long it would take for someone to point out a deck made by readers.
<grin> ... made out of photos of readers.

Granny Jones Tarot has been on my wishlist for a few years. I'm still hoping for a reprint. LOL
Its apparent hominess and naivete covers a surprising depth.

Le Fanu

It's probably an odd question, but I love it when I see the tarot reader incorporated into a deck, like the Two of Cups in the Victorian Romantic
Sorry? My editions (and I have all of them) show a couple on a bench; he is wooing her as she does embroidery (or maybe toying with a floppy hat, not sure). There are two glasses of wine. Am I missing something?

*scratching head*

Mi-Shell

Healing Earth Tarot: 9 of Pipes

Blithildis

I think MRP has a tarot reader in the three that I'll ultimately own...The Baroque Bohemian Cats, the Victorian Romantic and the Bohemian Gothic
RunningWild, I don't think there is a tarot reader in the VicRom, but there is in MRP's Fantastic Menagerie (the wheel).

RunningWild

Sorry? My editions (and I have all of them) show a couple on a bench; he is wooing her as she does embroidery (or maybe toying with a floppy hat, not sure). There are two glasses of wine. Am I missing something?

*scratching head*

RunningWild, I don't think there is a tarot reader in the VicRom, but there is in MRP's Fantastic Menagerie (the wheel).

Oops, sorry, it's the Page of Cups in the Victorian Romantic.

Metafizzypop

The Sensual Wicca Tarot has a card that may or may not show a tarot reader. The Hermit card - called the Seeker in this deck - shows someone who appears to be a fortune-teller. She's sitting at a table and has a deck of cards spread out in front of her. But I can't tell if they're tarot cards or playing cards.

She looks real unhappy, so I guess whatever the cards were, they didn't give her good news, lol.

nisaba

She looks real unhappy, so I guess whatever the cards were, they didn't give her good news, lol.

She may just look serious and earnest, which you often have to be around clients.

Dan S

I was confused by the 2 of Cups comment as well!

And the Page of Cups also depicts a somewhat enigmatic scene which may not be a tarot reading. The VR book describes the page as a sensitive-looking girl in a pageant or play, dressed as a boy, and turning away from the harpsichord player to face the audience with an ambivalent expression, possibly an invitation.

Dan S

The Tarot Reader card in the VR is the extra card in the 2nd edition mini deck I think (is that right?). iirc the standard size of that deck has two Lovers cards and the mini size has the new swept-away Lovers Card and leaves out the Dante & Beatrice card, which makes room for an extra card, the Tarot Reader

The Baroque Bohemian Cats tarot 3rd Edition regular and mini both have two tarot reader cards, the standard one with the cat in the red hood, and the more mysterious Scorpio Tarot Reader (my favorite card in that deck!)

Le Fanu

Oops, sorry, it's the Page of Cups in the Victorian Romantic.
Still no idea what card is being refered to :D

No edition of the Victorian Romantic that I have contains a tarot reader card (The Page of Cups contains a girl playing an organ and an androgynous boy turning). The Bohemian Gothic, Fantastic Menagerie and Baroque Bohemian cats all do but not the Victorian Romantic. Just had to confirm this in case everyone else has one and my copies are missing a card!