Burnt out! S.O.S!!!!

Holland

I just discovered this yesterday, so I decided to take a break all together and this morning I felt burnt out once again. I am not as excited. as I use to be. Not only with Tarot, but with psychic techniques, scrying, crystal energy, palmistry the works!!
I don't want to give up, I have truly grown from my journey and want to continue move forward and still have fun. I have noticed psychic/intuition abilities since day one of this journey. Actually let me rephrase that, I have noticed it since I was a kid, but now that I have done research/practice I can acknowledge it(hope that did not sound cocky).
I want to be excited to give readings again, shuffling and so on.
How do I get the excitement back? What tips do you have? Have you had this burnt out season, and what did you do to get out of the hole?
Blessings my friends and thank you in advance.

NadaJ

Hi Holland! To quote Miley Cyrus, "you came in like a wrecking ball".

Full force, cards a'blazin'...no wonder you feel this way. I would assume you're still very interested in tarot and the metaphysics you mentioned. The honeymoon phase is over and now you're in the thick of it; making connections, figuring stuff out, and realizing it's a lot and you've taken off a big bite of it. I would suggest scaling back a bit. Maybe do readings every other day and when you do, only do a couple. Or one. If you like tarot a little more than crystals, maybe focus on tarot and let the rest sit a while. Or maybe just read and observe. Be more like the Knight of Pentacles instead of the Knight of Cups or even Swords.

I think a little break to let all you've learned, finally absorb is a good idea.

Meemai

I am learning for a bit now, and I can imagine down the line the excitement is gone. I played with the thought of doing tarot for a long time, but never did. Now I came to it in a roundabout way, me picking up my runes and finding this forum to find some rune help.

And I thought why not tarot. I am bussy getting to know the cards meditating on them might help you. It's what I am trying to do at the moment if your past that. It's time to draw everyday and see if you can make sense out of it I think. At least that's what I am trying to achieve.

But know that sometimes a thing might be interesting like a child getting a new toy not wanting to part with it, to later turn it in for another toy. If your looking for help how to revive interest, it means your interest has withered/died.

Now it is up to you to get the interest back up again maybe in a week maybe in a few days. But sadly you cannot force interest. But I might be sounding like a prick now. What I am trying to say is you should look at why your interest has died. It might just be day your not feeling it today. Your name is funny, Holland, my country is refered to as that a lot. But I prefer to call it Netherlands, and it's been raining 2 days straight here.

Everyone would lose interest in days like this. Raining cats and dogs all day, anyway moving on I would lea ve the tarot cards alone til they call you again. I shuffle my cards a lot as it helps me relax and calm down. I keep them with me at my bed when I sleep and in my hobby room when I am doing my hobbies. If you do that they might call upon you again. If not you would have to force interest again but then again there's a lot of things that you can force and break in the end.

A tip you might want to try and go for a tarot reading in your neighberhood seeing it at work might set the fire back ablaze?

Onion Budgie

It comes from taking on too much too soon. I can empathise with that. :) At the start of a new hobby, everything's fresh and exciting, and it feels like you have to learn everything NOW or nothing will ever get done, you'll never learn, you'll always be a beginner.

That isn't true. :) Cramming never works. It's a slow process. And that's good -- because there's a lot of joy in evolving knowledge. Looking back three months, six months -- as opposed to a day, or a week -- and realising that you know so much more now, are that much more confident. So if you're feeling burned out right now, just search for the lighter side. Something related to Tarot that makes you smile, that you enjoy without it taxing your brain. Head over to YouTube and watch some fun Tarot-related videos. Or take a break entirely, until you feel refreshed. And when you come back -- take it slow. There's no rush. :D

jolie_amethyst

Take a break. The infatuation phase is over, and to move forward, the real work must begin. But you need to clear your head first, so take a breather and step away from all these things. And when you come back, pick the one or two that appealed to you the most. No one masters a dozen subjects at once.

I do recommend The Way of Tea spread (link) from Glass Owl to help you clear your mind and figure out what you need to sort through in order to nurture yourself. Do the reading, and be sure to write it up--I know mine was profoundly impactful, and I want to be able to study it again and again to see what new lessons it might hold later on, during other difficult times. Then put the cards away and go DO what the spread tells you to do in order to clear your mind, refresh your spirit, and see your truth.

Don't pick up the cards again or try anything else utilizing any of these spiritual tools you've found until you've actually done what the spread told you to do. It could take hours, days, or even longer, but have faith. When you feel refreshed and interested in the idea again, you'll recognize it.

Barleywine

Find something interesting to do that will still keep your "oar in the water." When I get bored, I go exploring and have myself some fun. Last year I spent a happy few months creating an "astro-lithomancy" divination method, complete with casting board and self-published booklet, simply because the idea interested me. It will probably never see the light of day (except here) but it was time well-spent.

Attachments

• Astro-lithomancy Board.jpg
    Astro-lithomancy Board.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 126

Darkmage

Just take a break for a while. Think about it like this--you went to one of those all you could eat buffet places, you gorged, and now you don't feel so great. You're probably not going to swear off food for a while but you also are probably not going to need to eat for a day or so, either.

You basically did the same thing here. You took way too much too fast and now it sounds like you're overwhelmed. Do what a lot of people suggested here. Step back a little, take a break. That doesn't mean you abandon the subject entirely, but it does mean you don't do divination or magic work 24/7. I get in phases like this and I'll just do something else for a while and give myself time to assimilate what I've learned.

Good luck...

RaaD

Or maybe you can take a look into couple of grimoires. Maybe this will restore your passion toward the spiritual evaluation. These methods are unstable but they give results instantly. If you choose to: read a lot before trying anything

Cenozoic

When the enthusiasm fades with one subject, I just study another subject to keep my enthusiasm up. Then I will come back to the first subject when I feel interested in it again. When you're losing interest in something you can't do it as effectively.

Holland

Or maybe you can take a look into couple of grimoires. Maybe this will restore your passion toward the spiritual evaluation. These methods are unstable but they give results instantly. If you choose to: read a lot before trying anything

Oh I have never heard of grimoires. what is that?