Burnt out! S.O.S!!!!

Richard

......I want to be excited to give readings again, shuffling and so on.
How do I get the excitement back? What tips do you have? Have you had this burnt out season, and what did you do to get out of the hole?
Blessings my friends and thank you in advance.
Just go with the flow and do what thou wilt. :) Forcing the issue will not help. If you are destined to do psychic stuff, the interest will return. Meanwhile try not to be concerned about it. Find something else that gives you pleasure.

Darkmage

Grimoires are basically books on how to summon spirits. This may or may not be to your liking.

Some of the best known ones are:

Key of Solomon
Lesser Key of Solomon (Legemeton)
Grimorium Verum
Arbatel
Black Pullet

These form a good chunk of the basis for what we call the Solomonic tradition. Did King Solomon write these? Probably not as they reached what would become their standard form somewhere in the 16th century.

A good intro to the subject, provided you can get past the 'this is all black magic--errm wait, this is silly' viewpoint is Waite's book The Book of Ceremonial Magic.

If you're more into Psalms and stuff, check out things like the Sixth and Seventh Books of Moses. I've never tried anything from that--yet--but it's often used in the US Hoodoo tradition. Also check out things like Pow Wow: Long Lost Friend if you're more into traditional magic. The Pow Wow was brought to us by the Pennsylvania Dutch, and while a lot of the spells in there are quaint if not outright amusing by today's standards, it's still used quite a bit. The link is to the edition I have which is pretty bare-bones, but it is useful.

Good luck!

Holland

Grimoires are basically books on how to summon spirits. This may or may not be to your liking.

Some of the best known ones are:

Key of Solomon
Lesser Key of Solomon (Legemeton)
Grimorium Verum
Arbatel
Black Pullet

These form a good chunk of the basis for what we call the Solomonic tradition. Did King Solomon write these? Probably not as they reached what would become their standard form somewhere in the 16th century.

A good intro to the subject, provided you can get past the 'this is all black magic--errm wait, this is silly' viewpoint is Waite's book The Book of Ceremonial Magic.

If you're more into Psalms and stuff, check out things like the Sixth and Seventh Books of Moses. I've never tried anything from that--yet--but it's often used in the US Hoodoo tradition. Also check out things like Pow Wow: Long Lost Friend if you're more into traditional magic. The Pow Wow was brought to us by the Pennsylvania Dutch, and while a lot of the spells in there are quaint if not outright amusing by today's standards, it's still used quite a bit. The link is to the edition I have which is pretty bare-bones, but it is useful.

Good luck!
Oh thanks for the definition, although I admit I am interested in spells and crafts, I would like to keep my distance. From my research and what word of mouth says "don't go looking for spirits." Besides I talk to a spirit without the need to do a spell. But to each his own, I won't tell you what not to do. Again thank you.
Blessings.

RaaD

The grimoires are books containing knowledge of witchcraft. By its nature the craft uses spiritual energy of the sumooned spirit or the energy of death things ( ingredients) you use for the ritual. These energies are by way more powerful than using your own energy through meditation, but also much more unstable. Thats why i said read and learn a lot before trying anything. But as i said it uses external energy so the questioner here wont feel burn out and sort. Plus it gives results instantly.

One more warning, it can be addictive.

Holland

The grimoires are books containing knowledge of witchcraft. By its nature the craft uses spiritual energy of the sumooned spirit or the energy of death things ( ingredients) you use for the ritual. These energies are by way more powerful than using your own energy through meditation, but also much more unstable. Thats why i said read and learn a lot before trying anything. But as i said it uses external energy so the questioner here wont feel burn out and sort. Plus it gives results instantly.

One more warning, it can be addictive.

I can see the attraction, I really can. However, witchcraft is something I can't and won't get into to(it's against my beliefs) plus I would get addictive. I know....pretty rich from someone who does tarot, palmistry and scrying(<--- really just starting and testing it out). Thank you for the suggestion, I may research more into it, to obtain knowledge. who knows.
Blessings.

Darkmage

Well, the books I listed come from a Judeo-Christian framework. They all call upon God and the angels to assist. The classical grimoires are heavy on the invocations and the ceremonies, while books like the 6th/7th Moses and Pow-wow lean more toward Psalms and folk magic.

Pow-wow in particular is basically a catch-all compilation. Here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pow-Wows;_or,_Long_Lost_Friend

Sixth and Seventh Books of Moses is more of a traditional grimoire, but doesn't summon demons or spirits or anything like that. Instead, it's supposed to enable the magician to use the powers attributed to them. It dates from approximately the early to mid 19th century. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sixth_and_Seventh_Books_of_Moses

So technically they're not witchcraft at all, but I suppose that depends on your definition of what 'witchcraft' is.

Barleywine

I only have a couple of books that might qualify as grimoires - The Key of Solomon the King certainly does, and so (probably) does The Book of the Sacred Magic of Abramelin the Mage. Both of these are emphatically NOT about witchcraft, they are more in the vein of classical theurgy, with a lot of Hebraic qabalistic overtones. I think some of Aleister Crowley's work would meet the description as well, as does Francs Barrett's The Magus (but it seems more like "grimoire lite" - that is, short on practical magical instruction).

Darkmage

Abramelin is most certainly considered one of the classical grimoires. I have the Mathers version but there's a new translation out by Abraham von Worms. I need to pick this up eventually. http://www.amazon.com/Book-Abrameli...UTF8&qid=1405025562&sr=1-1&keywords=abramelin

Barrett's Magus cribbed, no--plagarized, a good chunk of Agrippa's Three Books of Occult Philosophy. There are a bunch of editions of Barrett out there so pick one that suits your budget.

Agrippa's worth getting your hands on if you're interested in either classical Western magic or Renaissance thought. The paperback version will set you back about $35 on Amazon but it's worth. every. penny. FWIW, a lot of people aren't crazy about Donald Tyson but he really earned his bones with the annotations and commentary here.

http://www.amazon.com/Three-Occult-...1-1&keywords=three+books+of+occult+philosophy

Agrippa's Fourth Book is spurious. I still need to get a copy, though.

RaaD

Well, the books I listed come from a Judeo-Christian framework. They all call upon God and the angels to assist. The classical grimoires are heavy on the invocations and the ceremonies, while books like the 6th/7th Moses and Pow-wow lean more toward Psalms and folk magic.

Pow-wow in particular is basically a catch-all compilation. Here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pow-Wows;_or,_Long_Lost_Friend

Sixth and Seventh Books of Moses is more of a traditional grimoire, but doesn't summon demons or spirits or anything like that. Instead, it's supposed to enable the magician to use the powers attributed to them. It dates from approximately the early to mid 19th century. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sixth_and_Seventh_Books_of_Moses

So technically they're not witchcraft at all, but I suppose that depends on your definition of what 'witchcraft' is.

To me the craft is everything you can achieve throughout a ritual or unnatural state that gives unexplanable ( supernatural ) results, in another words miracles. You have a enemy, you do the " prayer " he get sick, he dies = success through supernatural method. YOu have enemy, you perform ritual, he dies = success through supernatural method. They both comes as witchcraft. Thats why the prayers in the chirch does nothing. But there are books in all religion forbidden to be revealed of the society. Like the exorcist books. The Vaticana has a crew of exorcists and Vaticana does not hide it. Is it written in the bibles or in the books of the priests how to banish evil spirits ? No. Those books which you can actually can do something through a " prayer " + ritual are forbidden to us because they are the craft. And the craft by its own right of success it is POWER. Thats why i dont like the religions, because they manipulate, they lie, they keep us in the dark while they hold all the power they can gather all these books.

That is the witchcraft.
By the way the latin root of that word means - capable, skillful and full of wisdom person.

Barleywine

Abramelin is most certainly considered one of the classical grimoires. I have the Mathers version but there's a new translation out by Abraham von Worms. I need to pick this up eventually. http://www.amazon.com/Book-Abrameli...UTF8&qid=1405025562&sr=1-1&keywords=abramelin

Barrett's Magus cribbed, no--plagarized, a good chunk of Agrippa's Three Books of Occult Philosophy. There are a bunch of editions of Barrett out there so pick one that suits your budget.

Agrippa's worth getting your hands on if you're interested in either classical Western magic or Renaissance thought. The paperback version will set you back about $35 on Amazon but it's worth. every. penny. FWIW, a lot of people aren't crazy about Donald Tyson but he really earned his bones with the annotations and commentary here.

http://www.amazon.com/Three-Occult-...1-1&keywords=three+books+of+occult+philosophy

Agrippa's Fourth Book is spurious. I still need to get a copy, though.

I've seen Agrippa's Fourth Book described as being by "pseudo-Agrippa." I believe that's where the geomantic material came from; I found it as a free download. I also have Mather's version of Solomon and Abramelin in hard cover, and Citadel's 1967 paperback of The Magus. I did read somewhere that Barrett "borrowed" much of his information from earlier grimoires. I found Agrippa's Three Books for a song at Borders when they went out of business, and I agree that Tyson out-did himself there.