Another Super Bowl Prediction

Amanda

Sun & Moon Tarot Uprights Only

Show me the winners of the title of Super Bowl Champs this year:

Seattle Seahawks: 2 of Cups + 10 of Swords
New England Patriots: Ace of Cups + Magician

The Cup in the Ace (trophy) as well as the cup being central in the Magician seems obvious to me, not to mention the Magician in this card has his finger up in the air in a "We are #1!" kind-of-way. The monkey, the fire, and the drum all seem to indicate the start of a huge after-party to me! :D

The 2 of Cups looks like the Seahawks will have each other, but not the title or the trophy. The 10 indicates they will be defeated.

In terms of score, I decided to multiply 2X10 = 20 for the Seahawks, and the Patriots will win by two more points, 20 and 1 + 1 = 22.

Any thoughts? We'll see what happens and how reliable my tarot and guessing skills are. :p

Amanda

I asked my husband (non-tarot person) what he thought, since he's a football person... he looked at the cards and said Brady is a chump (referencing the chimp in the Magician card) and that the Magician was pointing to the sky in front of an ocean, which he thinks says very clearly that the Seahawks are going to win. I asked him what he thought of the 10 of Swords then, and he said the person was still on a cloud referencing the sky again -- so he thinks all the cards point to a Seahawk win with the sky and water imagery.

He says that the Seahawks have a way better defense and probably one of the smartest quarterbacks in the NFL right now, and it would take a 2-point conversion for the Patriots to end up with a score of 22, which is rare he says, especially for a Super Bowl.

Oh well, I tried. :D

Pique Dame

I'm a huge Patriots fan, so this thread is right up my alley. :) I agree with your interpretation over your husband's. Calling Brady a "chump" shows a clear bias right there.
2 of C could indicate a well-played game against fairly evenly-matched opponent but the end result of 'ruin' is not promising. It might even mean a loss of 2 points for the Seahawks. Bill Belichick is the master of trick plays ("Magician") and the Ace of C definitely looks like a Lombardi trophy.
For what it's worth, I asked the cards right after the AFC championship game if the Pats would win the SB and I drew The World. I'm trying not to get my hopes up, but the superfan in me really hopes for the best. :D

Amanda

I'm a huge Patriots fan, so this thread is right up my alley. :) I agree with your interpretation over your husband's. Calling Brady a "chump" shows a clear bias right there.
2 of C could indicate a well-played game against fairly evenly-matched opponent but the end result of 'ruin' is not promising. It might even mean a loss of 2 points for the Seahawks. Bill Belichick is the master of trick plays ("Magician") and the Ace of C definitely looks like a Lombardi trophy.
For what it's worth, I asked the cards right after the AFC championship game if the Pats would win the SB and I drew The World. I'm trying not to get my hopes up, but the superfan in me really hopes for the best. :D

LOL - Yes, he's probably a little biased. He's not partial to either team really, but he probably is partial to who he thinks is going to win based on what he knows. I told him I made a prediction and asked if he wanted to know, and the first thing out of his mouth was, "Well you know Brady's been caught cheating, right?" Nope. Didn't know that. Would that have an effect on the outcome of this game? I wouldn't think so... my husband didn't give me details on that, but if Brady is playing in the game then I'm sure they'd be watching him.

I also thought something about "safety" for the 2 of Cups -- husband said something about that would also be a way that the Patriots could get a score of 22? I don't know the scoring measures though, and he said something about the Seahawks quarterback would be hard for them to catch.

But yeah, I like your take on the 2 of Cups. I got that sense from the cards also, and the Ace of Cups I agree is the trophy -- the Ace is regarded as the "Holy Grail". As I looked at it an talk about it now, the We Are the Champions song keeps playing in my head. :laugh:

We'll see! Maybe I should make a wager with husband... :p

Pique Dame

I told him I made a prediction and asked if he wanted to know, and the first thing out of his mouth was, "Well you know Brady's been caught cheating, right?" Nope. Didn't know that. Would that have an effect on the outcome of this game? I wouldn't think so... my husband didn't give me details on that, but if Brady is playing in the game then I'm sure they'd be watching him.

This isn't tarot-related, but as a Patriots fan I must jump to their defense on this issue. :) Brady wasn't "caught cheating." There were allegations made after the AFC championship game that the Patriots deliberately under-inflated their footballs by 1 or 2 psi in order to gain a competitive advantage. As of yet, there have been multiple theories put forth as to how the balls may have gotten that way after being "inspected" and OK-ed by the refs prior to the game but nothing has been proven and, from the looks of it, it's going to be very hard to prove any sort of wrong-doing. Also, recent findings show that the referee who inspected the balls didn't even log the psi as he was supposed to, so he failed to do his job and, as a result, no one knows if he even checked psi of the balls so no one can say for sure if they were even inflated to the proper level before being taken out onto the field, or if they were deflated to being with. The public likes to label the Patriots as a bunch of cheaters ever since the whole "spygate" incident (which, by the way, videotaping your opponents during practice was perfectly legal and commonplace up to the year before that happened. Belichick got reprimanded and the practice was immediately stopped, and the Pats went on to have a perfect regular-season record up until they lost to the Giants in the Superbowl--thanks to a last-second TD pass that Welker dropped in the endzone!-- proving that this practice had nothing to do with their success on the field). And even if the footballs were purposely under-inflated, they were switched out at halftime, when the Pats led 17-7. All the balls used in the second half were above the minimum inflation and the Pats proceeded to outscore the Colts 28-0 in that half! 1 or 2 psi had nothing to do with the outcome of the game. Not only that, but several other teams have come forth saying how they've doctored their footballs ever since the beginning of time in order to gain an advantage. However, no one is getting upset about that because everyone loves to hate on the Patriots. There is not a single team in the NFL who hasn't "cheated" in some way. No one is even bothering to consider all the facts, though, because New England has already been found guilty in the court of public opinion. (OK, rant over! Just had to defend my team there...)

You know, I didn't even consider the possibility of a safety, but that's a good way to look at it, too. Those are rare, but it's more plausible as an outcome because most coaches won't go for 2 during the SB unless they're far enough ahead that it doesn't matter if they fail to convert. I think you definitely should make a wager with your husband. I won't be making any because I'm too emotionally invested, but that Ace of Cups is as good an omen as I've ever seen!

Amanda

This isn't tarot-related, but as a Patriots fan I must jump to their defense on this issue. :) Brady wasn't "caught cheating." There were allegations made after the AFC championship game that the Patriots deliberately under-inflated their footballs by 1 or 2 psi in order to gain a competitive advantage.

Ah, okay -- see, I thought it was kinda fishy, because if he was actually caught cheating, wouldn't he be penalized in some way? Barred from playing or something?

Husband is probably just getting carried away... :D I really need to pay more attention to football. (Too many interests without the attention span to match, unfortunately :joke:)

You know, I didn't even consider the possibility of a safety, but that's a good way to look at it, too. Those are rare, but it's more plausible as an outcome because most coaches won't go for 2 during the SB unless they're far enough ahead that it doesn't matter if they fail to convert. I think you definitely should make a wager with your husband. I won't be making any because I'm too emotionally invested, but that Ace of Cups is as good an omen as I've ever seen!
Yep -- 2 of Cups looks "safe" doesn't it?
}) If the Patriots win, I'm getting a new computer (this was already slightly in the works). If I get the scores right, we're going gambling. :joke:

Pique Dame

If the Patriots win, I'm getting a new computer (this was already slightly in the works). If I get the scores right, we're going gambling. :joke:
Awesome! I'm totally rooting for your new computer! Not for the night of gambling, though, because I want it to be a blowout. :)

olivia1

It's pretty clear then I think Patriots will win based on your cards. I hope they're right how awesome would that be

Amanda

Awesome! I'm totally rooting for your new computer! Not for the night of gambling, though, because I want it to be a blowout. :)

:laugh: Well, I may actually try to watch this one to see what happens... (I'm in my final week for my current class though and have a lot to do before Tuesday, so I don't know -- I need to go do some stuff for that like, NOW, haha). But husband just won $500 on a $20 scratch-off ticket, so that computer is looking pretty good for me right now! :joke: Hopefully that luck carries over to my prediction for the Patriots!

It's pretty clear then I think Patriots will win based on your cards. I hope they're right how awesome would that be

Heck yeah, I don't know about getting the scores right with tarot, but just getting the right team would still be pretty cool! :thumbsup:

Amanda

Just updating here at half-time! The teams are tied 14-14, and the announcer is saying that he does not believe this will be a blowout, and it could very well be down to the field-goal kickers to determine the winners of tonight's game.