Lenormand/Titania Draws 1

Moonbow

Hi All

Here is the first of our seven card draws for these decks. I will post the cards and leave it up to you to post your readings in your own time. I hope we can get a discussion going about the cards and the spreads as a whole.

Please refer to the site, kindly posted by Zorya for pictures of the various Lenormand cards:

http://tarocci.com/sub/cafe/lenormand/

If anyone can scan the Titania, or find a site where we can see them (which I can't) then it would be very useful to the discussion.

House - Ship - Lady - Star - Birds - Anchor - Dog

I will post mine later..... enjoy!

To recap.... each Monday a seven card draw will be posted for interpretation and discussion. We will be taking turns at posting the seven cards.

And, of course, if anyone else would like to join in with your interpretation of these seven cards, you are very welcome..... the more... the merrier.

purple_scorp

Moonbow* said:
If anyone can scan the Titania, or find a site where we can see them (which I can't) then it would be very useful to the discussion.

Oh, I just posted in the other thread that this might breach copyright to scan them...... if I wasn't pushed for time, I'd post the link to what I just wrote.

A woman has dreams of living overseas but is nervous about it because her current home is safe and secure. She even worries about how she will fit in in the new country.....whether or not she will make friends etc.

The only negative card here is the bird, which denotes anxiety and worries....but the other cards are reasonably neutral, so I would say that the anxiety is self-inflicted; and her life will be what she makes of it, no matter where she is living.

purple_scorp

tarotlova

Hi Everyone
I have Titanias cards and this is what I see; The house & ship I see as a house over sea's (or interstate for aussie readers) and the lady near it could mean that she either lives over sea's/interstate or that her future is tied to living over sea's/interstate and the star as having bright hopes conected to this house, or trip to this house, the birds that there is a bit of a worry over this issue, the anchor she is torn between going or staying because of a friendship, (the dog) mabey she wants more than a friendship or the trip concerns a friend. If the Querent is young sometimes the lady near the house could be their mother, the house their childhood home, so then it could read that their mother simply wants them to vist and this is causing some consternation, the dog might be some one that their mother wants to match make them with! The star her high hope's for this relationship, the birds & anchor the dilemma the querent face's about trying to get out of this!
Blessings

katie_here

My go!

Moonbow* said:

this is my interpretation of the reading. I'm looking at the star in the middle as being a fortunate card, everything about the reading will be good or turn out for the better.

There's a lady from overseas /perhaps foreign or a woman who is going overseas (on holiday perhaps) she's a bit nervous, has anxieties about this trip - whether to go or whether to say,- but she is well grounded and perhaps talking over her anxieties with a trusted friend may help. Advice from her friend will add to her feeling of security.

tatsi

Lenormand/Titania Draw #1 (12/6/04)

I'm using the Titania’s Fortune Cards. Other than establishing in the first paragraph who the reading is intended about, I did my best to not use pronouns so as to avoid confusion with having to clarify each time with: You, if the querent is a woman; possibly the mother, if the querent is young (LADY); otherwise, a female family member (LADY by HOUSE & querent is not a woman); this is what I see:

You, if the querent is a woman; possibly the mother, if the querent is young (LADY); otherwise, a female family member (LADY by HOUSE & querent is not a woman) has an upcoming important trip (SHIP). This is possibly a trip overseas, maybe to visit family, or indicates the female family member living abroad travel plans (SHIP, LADY, and HOUSE).

There is some anxiety and concerns about this trip (BIRDS) and question whether or not to go (ANCHOR, HOUSE). But by exercising good judgment (BIRDS) and not letting emotions take over (ANCHOR by BIRDS), problems can be minimized (BIRDS relatively far from LADY); making the hope for the trip a great success (STAR). Remember, there is/are good, dependable friend(s) (DOG beside ANCHOR) nearby to help keep things on the right path (DOG).

tatsi

Moonbow

Hey, it seems I have picked cards that give a positive (I think)! reading for some lucky woman.

I would say that she is either wealthy or secure in her life at home, she will be going on a journey which she is looking forward to very much and which will also be a safe one. She has alot of expectations of the journey and it's destination, she had a few doubts or maybe was apprehensive but has overcome that and is happy to be going. Possibly she is going to visit a friend abroad. - lucky woman! :)

House - security/wealth
Ship - Journey overseas
Lady - significator
Star - hope/good sign
Birds - doubts overcome
Anchor - apprehension if far away
Dog - friend

Not a cloud in sight :) but I have to say that I am still reading these cards from the interpretations in the book. The difficulty for me is to see the spread as a whole.. at first glance.

Another thing which is necessary with Lenormand/Titania is the 'close and far away' aspect and the meaning of a combination of cards (as shown in Tatsi's post) I need to get to grips with being able to do that. Does that come with practice?

katie_here

Moonbow

I'm fairly new to these cards but am beginning now to look on a "a draw" as a "whole" like a sentence, instead of seperate words. Sort of like a story structure, with a beginning, a middle and and end.

I did a reading for myself on the weekend, using the whole deck reading.

in one row I had the cards:

Book: cloud : coffin : fish : heart/ship Woman : Sun : Star : Ring.

I looked at the book and the ring as the "envelope" around the reading and took it as a marriage that would eventually come to be. this is because I have the heart as the centre card (the heart and book is an unrevealed love and the Ring and Heart is an important and strong love relationship). The coffin is a delay,which lends to the unknown love ( so its not happened yet), the fish and the coffin are expenses could rise (cost of a wedding??) or even extra expense in starting out in a new relationship, The woman, with the Sun, star and heart all on the same line can only bode well for a fortunate time. The ship which is another card that covers the whole reading (the heart covered by the ship is read in every line) means, to me, some new activity, movement, in love.

This is now how I look at the cards when trying to determine a story around them.

tarotlova

Moonbow* said:

Hey, it seems I have picked cards that give a positive (I think)! reading for some lucky woman.

I would say that she is either wealthy or secure in her life at home, she will be going on a journey which she is looking forward to very much and which will also be a safe one. She has alot of expectations of the journey and it's destination, she had a few doubts or maybe was apprehensive but has overcome that and is happy to be going. Possibly she is going to visit a friend abroad. - lucky woman! :)

House - security/wealth
Ship - Journey overseas
Lady - significator
Star - hope/good sign
Birds - doubts overcome
Anchor - apprehension if far away
Dog - friend

Not a cloud in sight :) but I have to say that I am still reading these cards from the interpretations in the book. The difficulty for me is to see the spread as a whole.. at first glance.

Another thing which is necessary with Lenormand/Titania is the 'close and far away' aspect and the meaning of a combination of cards (as shown in Tatsi's post) I need to get to grips with being able to do that. Does that come with practice?

Yes that will come with practice, and when your own intuition kicks in, you see Titania say's the ship and house combination especially when the mountain/house is near by stand for a house over sea's, but as I live in Australia the ship to me usually means interstate, I read these cards as being a trip the ship, the house the destination, and the mountain a house in the mountains. When I was looking to buy a house I kept getting the tower and mountain which is supposed to mean the deep past of the querent being read for, but what it meant for me was eventualy I brought an older 1970's style house in quiet a hilly area Mt Gambier. Katie said the ship & heart meant to her some new activity movement in love, when Titania say's it 's your ship has really come in, in matters to love. The fish near the coffin to me means a delay in funds, and the coffin near the heart means to me that a love is not flourishing or a love that is away. Thats why I think these cards are so great because I think you use your intuition more than you do Tarot, as with the Tarot you have universal symbols with general meanings attatched to them, sure some times you put you own meanings to the Tarot but not as much as these cards I think. I don't know but these cards just seem to scream out to me!

katie_here

reading Titania's book

When i first got the deck, I found it a bit frustrating that all the combinations were not mentioned, for example., The Tower and The Heart. There is no mention anywhere of what these cards mean to each other. Do you find yourself making up your own meanings to the combination, or do you ignore them and read them as completely seperate from each other.

tarotlova

I do both! Just to confuse you! I read the tower & heart together in various ways, as a love from the past, a destined love or even as a love for an older person, it really depends on the surrounding cards and the entire reading on the whole. It could even mean an older person who loves you like a parent, is protecting you in some way, as the tower represents protection, or like the book say's from a hidden power which I take to mean your spirtual guides.