Lenormand/Titania Draws 1

katie_here

this is something like I do... The Tower and the Heart, could be you are well loved, a love from the past, an older person can love you, like you, depending on the surrounding cards and who you are reading for.

I've often wondered what would happen if you threw another card into the equation, that wasn't in the deck and had a meaning that wasn't covered by all the other cards.

In the original reading we were to interpret, The Anchor and The Dog have no specific meaning together in Titania's book, but I like to see it as a friend you can trust, a trusted advisor, or someone who cares enough about you to have your best interests at heart. Someone to keep you grounded, but never someone to hold you back.

that give me a thought, about an extra card to throw into the reading.... if you could ever do that..... a brick wall.

tatsi

Lenormand/Titania readings will improve with practice

Moonbow* said:
Another thing which is necessary with Lenormand/Titania is the 'close and far away' aspect and the meaning of a combination of cards (as shown in Tatsi's post) I need to get to grips with being able to do that. Does that come with practice?

Yes, this and your intuition in using the cards will improve with practice. After awhile, the meanings of combinations and the distance in relation to certain cards will just start to click for you.

tatsi

Moonbow

Great posts everyone!

Just as with Tarot, the Lenormand needs plenty of use to get used to what the combinations mean to the individual. I tend to go for Tarot more than these cards as a rule, but it's a great feeling when you look at any spread and it instantly speaks to you. Hopefully in the coming weeks I will be able to do that.

purple_scorp

Moonbow* said:
Not a cloud in sight :) but I have to say that I am still reading these cards from the interpretations in the book.
katie_here said:
When i first got the deck, I found it a bit frustrating that all the combinations were not mentioned, for example., The Tower and The Heart. There is no mention anywhere of what these cards mean to each other. Do you find yourself making up your own meanings to the combination, or do you ignore them and read them as completely seperate from each other.
I think with these decks, it’s easy to apply a literal meaning for the base interpretation of the cards. For example – what’s the first thing you think of when you see a dog? Assuming you have no phobias, most people associate dogs with trust and loyalty – household pets. But there are also working dogs, (farm) and guard dogs, and show dogs etc. Some dogs are friendly, but some would bite your hand if you stuck it out. So, this would be where your intuition comes into play.

When there is no interpretation in the book for a combination of certain cards, I usually apply the individual card’s meaning. However, some cards are overshadowed in a spread by stronger cards and on those occasions, I might disregard that individual card’s meaning all together.

Moonbow* said:
The difficulty for me is to see the spread as a whole.. at first glance.
katie_here said:
I'm fairly new to these cards but am beginning now to look on a "a draw" as a "whole" like a sentence, instead of seperate words. Sort of like a story structure, with a beginning, a middle and and end.
Moonbow, I do the same as Katie, and treat the entire spread as a sentence. One card builds on another to make a story. The major difference that I find between these decks and Tarot decks is the spread layouts. With a Tarot spread, you usually have set positions, and you interpret the card in that position accordingly. The spreads in Titania’s book, for example, would equate to a general Tarot spread, where there are no position meanings. For these types of general readings (Tarot and Titania’s/Le Normand) I look for a card that jumps up at me. And then base the story around that. I don’t necessarily read the cards left to right.

For me, the card that stood out in our reading:

House - Ship - Lady - Star - Birds - Anchor - Dog

was the birds. Given that it was in between the Star (hopes and dreams) and the Anchor (security) it immediately suggested anxiety about a wish. Whose wish….and a further look at the cards sees the Lady…..what is she anxious about……ah, there’s the house and the ship. How might the dog fit in? Well, because of its proximity to the birds, I took it that she was anxious about meeting new friends (because her wish to move countries had not yet been fulfilled). Or perhaps it’s about leaving old friends behind (because the anchor shows security). Then again, it could be that a trusted friend will help her make the move. I used my intuition and discounted the third option, based on my feelings of the other cards.

tarotlova said:
Thats why I think these cards are so great because I think you use your intuition more than you do Tarot, as with the Tarot you have universal symbols with general meanings attatched to them, sure some times you put you own meanings to the Tarot but not as much as these cards I think. I don't know but these cards just seem to scream out to me!
Moonbow* said:
Another thing which is necessary with Lenormand/Titania is the 'close and far away' aspect and the meaning of a combination of cards (as shown in Tatsi's post) I need to get to grips with being able to do that. Does that come with practice?
I feel the same way about these cards as tarotlova does. They scream out to me. They always did. So I don’t know whether it’s a learned skill or not. Practice will help you not need to reference the book so much but I think the most important part of reading with these decks – they rely on your intuition.

These were my very first deck of cards. The day I received them was coincidentally the day my ex-husband moved out (so I guess I associate a type of freedom with them). Later that day, some friends dropped in to see how I was doing and I read for them. They were amazed to learn that I’d just received these cards because the readings were extremely accurate.

I’m not one for symbolism and rituals and that’s why I prefer decks like these. I don’t find them as restrictive. I do have both the Le Normand and Titania’s decks but prefer to read with Titania’s. I really only bought the Le Normand one so that I could gain an understanding of Titania’s adaptation. I wanted to see how far she’d come from the original design. Titania has disregarded some Le Normand aspects such as which way the clouds are pointing etc. In terms of being “close and far away” I feel that Titania places more emphasis on strong and weak cards. In other words, the further the card is away, the lesser its impact.

katie_here said:
I've often wondered what would happen if you threw another card into the equation, that wasn't in the deck and had a meaning that wasn't covered by all the other cards.<snip>
<snip>that give me a thought, about an extra card to throw into the reading.... if you could ever do that..... a brick wall.
Katie, when you say add a card that wasn’t in the deck, do you mean a card from another deck? Sometimes, if I’m confused about a spread, I might add depth by pulling a rune to clarify a situation. But usually, if something is bugging me in the spread, or if I need further information, I’ll do the full 36-card spread. Then I pay particular attention to where that troublesome card is in the bigger picture.

So, where to from here? I would like to rotate the person who draws the cards. Should someone pick seven cards for next week? Should they start a new thread, or post into this one?

purple_scorp

Moonbow

I think that those of you with Titania cards have the advantage in that she explains how to read them correctly by way of 'close and far, and combinations of cards', although I appreciate that it's not until using the deck regularly that you get your own feel and interpretations intermingled with what she says.

I found that I was able to see quite quickly that the spread was favourable because of cards like, Star, Dog and House (see? I am remembering some of them) but what I like about these decks is how the meaning of the card can be completely opposite depending on how close or far they are to the significator and which cards are close by to give emphasis or change the meaning.

tatsi

Titania draw comments

There have been some great comments posted here. I hope this trend continues.

Take Care :)

tatsi

tatsi

Great Titania reading comments

There are some great posts here. I wanted to comment on this one in particular, since there are several points that I totally agree with :)

purple_scorp said:
I think with these decks, it’s easy to apply a literal meaning for the base interpretation of the cards. For example – what’s the first thing you think of when you see a dog? Assuming you have no phobias, most people associate dogs with trust and loyalty – household pets. But there are also working dogs, (farm) and guard dogs, and show dogs etc. Some dogs are friendly, but some would bite your hand if you stuck it out. So, this would be where your intuition comes into play.

When there is no interpretation in the book for a combination of certain cards, I usually apply the individual card’s meaning. However, some cards are overshadowed in a spread by stronger cards and on those occasions, I might disregard that individual card’s meaning all together.

Moonbow, I do the same as Katie, and treat the entire spread as a sentence. One card builds on another to make a story. The major difference that I find between these decks and Tarot decks is the spread layouts. With a Tarot spread, you usually have set positions, and you interpret the card in that position accordingly. The spreads in Titania’s book, for example, would equate to a general Tarot spread, where there are no position meanings. For these types of general readings (Tarot and Titania’s/Le Normand) I look for a card that jumps up at me. And then base the story around that. I don’t necessarily read the cards left to right.

For me, the card that stood out in our reading:

House - Ship - Lady - Star - Birds - Anchor - Dog

was the birds. Given that it was in between the Star (hopes and dreams) and the Anchor (security) it immediately suggested anxiety about a wish. Whose wish….and a further look at the cards sees the Lady…..what is she anxious about……ah, there’s the house and the ship. How might the dog fit in? Well, because of its proximity to the birds, I took it that she was anxious about meeting new friends (because her wish to move countries had not yet been fulfilled). Or perhaps it’s about leaving old friends behind (because the anchor shows security). Then again, it could be that a trusted friend will help her make the move. I used my intuition and discounted the third option, based on my feelings of the other cards.

I go about reading these cards in the same way. For me, the card that stood out was the Ship (the action card to me) so I centered my reading around that. After that it was the Birds card (the key impression card of the situation).

purple_scorp said:
I’m not one for symbolism and rituals and that’s why I prefer decks like these. I don’t find them as restrictive. I do have both the Le Normand and Titania’s decks but prefer to read with Titania’s. I really only bought the Le Normand one so that I could gain an understanding of Titania’s adaptation. I wanted to see how far she’d come from the original design. Titania has disregarded some Le Normand aspects such as which way the clouds are pointing etc. In terms of being “close and far away” I feel that Titania places more emphasis on strong and weak cards. In other words, the further the card is away, the lesser its impact.

Same here. Also, I agree that the Titania's Fortune Cards places more emphasis on strong and weak cards.

purple_scorp said:
Katie, when you say add a card that wasn’t in the deck, do you mean a card from another deck? Sometimes, if I’m confused about a spread, I might add depth by pulling a rune to clarify a situation. But usually, if something is bugging me in the spread, or if I need further information, I’ll do the full 36-card spread. Then I pay particular attention to where that troublesome card is in the bigger picture.

If I’m confused or feel the spread needs clarification, I’ll add more cards from the same deck. I would not add more cards than were in the original spread, so no more than three additional cards. I would place 1-2 cards on an individual card, or have it apply to two cards sitting side-by-side. If more clarification is still needed, I'd use a third card as an overall outcome card and place it outside the spread, rather than have three cards on the original spread. Sometimes I just do the overall outcome card.

There have also been times where I felt a simple clarification wouldn't suffice. In those situations, I'll do the full 36-card spread, paying particular attention to where that troublesome card is in the bigger picture.

purple_scorp said:
So, where to from here? I would like to rotate the person who draws the cards. Should someone pick seven cards for next week? Should they start a new thread, or post into this one?

Are you volunteering? :D I would suggest that it would be better to have a new thread for each of the draws.

tatsi

katie_here

about drawing spreads,

can I suggest a rota system with those willing to draw.

I think it would be interesting and fair if we all did one, that way, the burden is not left to one person, and those wishing to contribute can have equal responsibility in keeping it going (so long as they would like to do it of couse!!)

I'd be one person willing to draw seven cards and put them up for discussion.

Moonbow

Hi Katie,

Shall we say your turn next then? Seven cards for Monday? I look forward to it.

I just realised that I think I am the only one using Lenormand... I have been having a real good play with this deck and I am approaching each spread as a story or sentence... as you said. This has been a very helpful exercise.

A question though... has anyone done the Cross of Destiny using the whole deck? It's printed in the Lenormand LWB. I wonder if it would be a good idea to go this spread as an exercise to get to know the cards and some combinations.

tatsi

Rota system for drawing spreads / Which Lenormand clone using?

I agree with Katie in suggesting taking turns for those willing to draw. By sharing the responsibility, we would have a vested interest in keeping this thread going and not putting it on the shoulders of one person.

It might be good to state whether or not one is using the Titania's Fortune Cards, especially if the Cloud (#6) card comes up. This way we can understand how a person came to their interpretation when applying the card in their reading.

So I guess Katie is next? If nobody else is willing, I could do it after her.

tatsi