Lenormand/Titania Draws 1

Moonbow

tatsi said:
It might help for those drawing to state whether or not they are using Titania's, especially if the Cloud card comes up.

Ah ha... I knew it! I have been looking high and low for a post where someone mentioned the clouds (or lack of them) in the Titania deck. So... what IS the difference as regards to the clouds?

I also have the Piatnik Lenormand where the clouds are on the left instead of the right and because of it I have held off from using that deck. Afterall, what difference does it make [please god don't let Diana read this]! :)

katie_here

fair enough

as I suggested a rota, I'll take next turn on Monday. I'm working on GMT so those who start their day way before me... purple_scorp ;) will you bear this in mind!

as for the whole deck spread, I've done this with Titania's, I do this every week for myself since I've been learning so if you'd like to see an example, I'd be only too willing to post it for you.

tatsi

Full 36-card Titania spread reading

katie_here said:
As for the whole deck spread, I've done this with Titania's, I do this every week for myself since I've been learning so if you'd like to see an example, I'd be only too willing to post it for you.

Please, pretty please post it. :D

tatsi

tatsi

Differences in the Lenormand clone decks

Moonbow* said:
Ah ha... I knew it! I have been looking high and low for a post where someone mentioned the clouds (or lack of them) in the Titania deck. So... what IS the difference as regards to the clouds?

I also have the Piatnik Lenormand where the clouds are on the left instead of the right and because of it I have held off from using that deck. Afterall, what difference does it make [please god don't let Diana read this]! :)

The differences in the Lenormand clone decks in my collection are described in the following thread.

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=34310\

tatsi

Moonbow

Thanks tatsi, I have read the other thread now.

So would you change you interpretation of the card depending on which deck you are using - or do you ALWAYS see the clouds as being on the right in a reading.

I just wonder why this important detail in this deck was meddled with.

tatsi

Lenormand clone Cloud (#6) card controversy

Moonbow* said:
Thanks tatsi, I have read the other thread now.

So would you change you interpretation of the card depending on which deck you are using - or do you ALWAYS see the clouds as being on the right in a reading.

I just wonder why this important detail in this deck was meddled with.

Even though traditionally the dark clouds are on the RIGHT (and would be my preference if I were to assign a dark side meaning), I tend to use the modern approach and interpret the Cloud (#6) card as a whole, as does the Titania’s Fortune Cards. It’s a personal choice. It really comes down to the consolidation of Lenormand knowledge, your intuition, and being consistent.

tatsi

purple_scorp

Moonbow* said:
A question though... has anyone done the Cross of Destiny using the whole deck? It's printed in the Lenormand LWB. I wonder if it would be a good idea to go this spread as an exercise to get to know the cards and some combinations.

Hi Moonbow,

which Lenormand LWB are you referring to? Which deck do you have? Mine is Piatnik and numbered 194115. The only spreads I have in that little white book are: a) Rows - laying four rows of eight, four remaining cards placed in fifth row (underneath 3rd card of fourth row); and b) Sevens - Situation card then five bridge cards, then Objective card.

In Titania's book, she has three spreads: a) 7-card; b) 9-card; c)36-card

I know Katie was going to post an sample reading, but I thought it might be worthwhile posting the layout.

Called The Main Reading, the 36 cards are laid in the following formation:

..17, 21, 25, 1, 18, 22, 26
15, 11, 7, 3, x/y, 4, 8, 12, 16
..19, 23, 27, 2, 20, 24, 28
...................29 30 31 32 33 34

Card x is laid first. It is usually one of the cards selected from a 9-card reading. It is said to be the question. Then, the deck is shuffled and Card y is selected (I usually fan my deck out and hand-select the card but you could cut the deck and select it that way). Card y crosses card x and is said to be the answer.

Gathering the remaining cards they are then laid out (without further shuffling) in the above order.

Sentences are read like this:

13, 9, 5, 1, x/y, 2, 6, 10, 14.
15, 11, 7, 3, x/y, 4, 8, 12, 16.
17, 21, 25, x/y, 20, 24, 28.
26, 2,, 18, x/y, 27, 23, 19.
x/y, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34.

Moonbow, is this similar to the Cross in your LWB?

purple_scorp

Moonbow

I'll have to post mine tomorrow purple_scorp, it's nearly bed for me now..... I'm knackered.

Watch this space......

tarotlova

I have to say that I use Titanias cards and I never paid any attention to the clouds card, on where the darker or lighter side was infact I just looked at the card and cant see any dark or light clouds only a faint glow of the sun in the middle, and it never made a difference to my readings, I took it's meaning entirely from the card that it was next to so don't let it worry you. Blessings

katie_here

tarotlova said:
I have to say that I use Titanias cards and I never paid any attention to the clouds card, on where the darker or lighter side was infact I just looked at the card and cant see any dark or light clouds only a faint glow of the sun in the middle, and it never made a difference to my readings, I took it's meaning entirely from the card that it was next to so don't let it worry you. Blessings

I just echo this last comment by Tarotlova. Because I don't have and have never seen the Lenormand deck, I only know the clouds as they appear in Titania's and the only meaning you get from them is by the card they are next to... so in a positive light, if next to the sun it would be a cloud with a silver lining.. if next to the Lily it could be an illness, next to the bird, destructive talk. If it was say.. the bird... Clouds... Sun welll I would read it as destructive talk but it won't affect you as badly as you think, (because the sun is there too!).

Okay, for my layout... and thank heavens for Purple_scorp who has already posted the layout and spared me the effort of working out how the cards will look on screen when I post them. I haven't got a lot of time this morning, but I'll post the cards for now and when I come back from college later I'll post the interpretation I came to. (As the reading was for me, its probably got a lot of my high hopes in it too!)

........................................CHILD

.......................................GARDEN

.........................................TREE

..FLOWER, CLOVER, WHIP, ...ANCHOR, TOWER, STORK,BEAR

BOOK, CLOUD, COFFIN, FISH, HEART/SHIP, WOMAN, SUN:, STAR, RING

..LILY, MOUNTAIN, MOON, KEY, BIRD, MAN, MOUSE

.........................................HOUSE

..........................................SNAKE

...........................................FOX

...........................................SCYTHE, ROAD, RIDER, LETTER, DOG : CROSS

The cards are read in this order

child ; Garden: Tree : Anchor : heart/ship : Key : House : Snake : Fox

Book : Cloud : Coffin : Fish : heart/ship : Woman : Sun : Star : Ring

flower : Clover : Whip : Heart/Ship : Bird : Man : Mouse

Bear : Stork : Tower : heart/ship : Moon : Mountain : Lily

Heart/ship Scythe, Road, Rider, Letter, Dog, Cross

I'll post more later!