the course in miracles workbook lessons 1-60

HOLMES

"Nothing you see in this room on your street, on yourwindow, means anything. "

this means of course that this computer screen i see means anything,
nor this foot, nor that pen, nor that person over there mean anything..

there is no differnce between mother, and that man over there,
nor brother and that woman over there,
nor stranger or that corpse at the funeral.

how can that be?
that woman is my mother , she gave me birth, she bathed me and loved me as a baby.
it doenst mean anything.

jesus didnt' give his mother special privelege instead saying that everyone was his family. (at least as i understand it, according to the bible?)

that brother played with me all my life, we grew together , and that doesnt' mean anything ?
and that woman is equal as well?

when lazurius was dying , jesus kept about his work not giving him higher status over those he was working with .

that stranger and the corpse do not mean anything ?

the corpse by our standards is dead and the stranger is alive , should they be loved differntly?
our persanalities tell us that the stranger should have a chance at life since the corpse is dead..
but it doesnt' mean anything. (we will find out why for me in lesson 7)

that car doesnt' mean anything ?
it is my life blood of my job, without it would be greatly inconvient
that left arm of my body means nothing ? without it i would be unable to type, nor play guitar.
it doesnt meany anthing.

the buddha far as i know didnt favour one student over the other, one master coming to talk to him over a stranger who was new to the princples he understood.

is this concept zen, true christianity?
it matters not for it takes us to deeper truths in our lives.
that the green paper does not anything
that the cornflakes sitting on my table does not mean anything
that the woman i been dreaming about in my mind for years does not mean anything.
that the job you been buidling up for 25 years does not mean anything

i will leave this to ponder ,:)until the next lesson is posted.

Leleii

Holmes, thanks for lesson one. I will ponder your post., can't wait for the
next lesson.

HOLMES

the course in miracles workbook lesson two

"I have given everything i see in this room, on this street, from this window, in this place all the meaning that it has for me. "

again think of this as a concept if you will and it will be easier to understand.
that meaning is from the previous lesson, it does not mean anything.
which i would like to stress is not a lesson in dehumanizing yourself to the world, to the horrors, or to the love of the world as we percieve it.

instead consider the application that what you see has all the meaning you have given it.
example the miser who hoards his gold while we look on enviously,, it doesnt' mean anything so i have given it all the meaning that it has for me.
example on a personal note, of having an arguement with someone today,, it doesn't mean anything
nor does the fact that despite all that we do,, we change anything ,, or so we think,
if that computer screen i am looking at doesnt' mean anything then the effort to try to change the world and failing or suceeding doesnt' mean anything.

as i write this, my mind is saying doesnt' that bring you dispair ?
perhaps, let us wait til lesson 7 which is for me a powerful lesson for me and i would like to think for you as well.

and remember in your dispair , anger, judgement, lament or happiness over this concept.
that the principles of miracles says as we share them, even though we can not directly see the effect, our brother is helped.

HOLMES

a course in miracles workbook lessons three

"i do not understand anything i see in this room, on this street, from this window, in this place"

again the course asks that we apply this to everything excluding nothing or anything.

recall that first nothing we see meany anything, and we have given what we see all the meaning we have for us .
now we are beginning to get closer to as to why that is.

since we do not understand anything, how can we give meaning to it, and so what we see has all the meaning we can give it as we do not understand anything we see.

consider that you do not understand your friends truly, your parents truly, your world truly.
that we do not understand the house we live in, the rock outiside that perhaps we stub our toe on, nor understand the mosquitoe as it comes to hurt us.

and most importantly for me even though we do not exlude anything is we do not understand ourselves so how can we give meaning to ourselves ?
when we look at a mirror and see ourselves do we really understand what we see?

and for this to be unversal perhpas try whatever i feel i dont understand, whatever i hear i dont understand, whatever i do , i dont' undestand,
for it all comes from our seeing or what we percieve.

if you feel anger, or any upset feelings at this,, let the future lessons bring clarity to that.
and if you must ,, give it some illusion of time and come back and start over..

HOLMES

a course in miracles workbook, lesson four.

"these thoughts do not mean anything. they are like the thoughts i see in this room , on this street, from this window, in this place."

and to apply it, when you think of this. think like this

"this thought about (insert situation, idea, ) does not mean anything , i tis like the things i see in this room , on this street and so on.
to which i would add because i do not understand anything if it feels natural to you.

this thought about love does not mean anything,
this thought about hate does not mean anything
this thought about god does not mean anything
this thought about the devil does not mean anything
this thought about the politics of the world do not mean anything
this thought about my family does not mean anything
this thought about the past does not mean anything
this thought about the tarot does not mean anything
this thought about the bible does not mean anything
this thought about sex does not mean anything
this thought about lust does not mean anything
this thought about tv does not mean anyhthing
this thought about britney spears does not mean anything
this thought about allah does not mean anything
this thought about the church does not mean anything
this thought about clint eastwood does not mean anything
this thought about american idol does not mean anything
this thought about days of our lives does not mean anything
this thought about death does not mean anything
this thought about the amytivlle horror does not mean anything
this thought about demons does not mean anything
this thought about the aeclecitc tarot forum does not mean anything
this thought about the pope does not mean anything
this thought about the caveman days does not mean anything
thi shtought about singing does not mean anything
this thought about something good i did does not mean anything
this thought about something bad i did does not mean anything
this thought about something good that someone did for me does not mean anything

it is all because i do not understand what i see.

HOLMES

a course in miracles workbook lesson five

"i am never upset for the reason i think"
and
"there are no small upsets, they are all equally disturbing to my peace of mind "

and think
"i cannot keep this form of upset and let the others go, for the purpose of these excerises, i will regard them as the same. "

remember before you begin that you do not understand what you see, hence it does not mean anything. and this is why your thoughts do not mean anything.

at first start with upset concept.
i am not upset at life for the reason i think
i am not upset at god for the reason i think
i am not upset at myself for the reason i think.

and now start to venture out.

i am not angry at myself for the reason i think
i am not depressed about life for the reason i think
i am not afraid of god for the reason i think
i am not afraid of the world for the reason i think
i am not jealous about the movie star i don't even know for the reason i think lol

and as you do this, it can can be used with any person, event, or situation that is causing you pain.
apply it to whatever you think you are upset about.
be it jeaous, worry, anxiety, anger, hatred, lust, all of them are the same and not differnt.

HOLMES

A course in miracles workbook, lesson six,

"I am upset for i see something that is not there"

"there are no small upsets, they are equally disturbing to my mind"
like before it is important that we apply today concept to everything and anything without exception.

as

"i cannot keep this form of upset and let the others go, for the purpose of these excerises then, i will regard them all as the same"

let us begin with applying this to our lives and thoughts.

i am angry at god for i see something that is not there
i am worried for myself for i see soemthing that is not there
i am depressed about the goddess for i see soemthing that is not there
i am angry about life for i see soemthing that is not there
i am sad about life for i see something that is not there
i am upset at my girlfriend for i see something that is not there
i am angry at my mom for i see soemthing that is not there
i am hateful for my parents for i see something that is not there
i am resentful to my brother for i see soemthing that is not there
to even ourselves
i am angry at myself for i see soemthing that is not there
i am sad for myself for i see something that is not there

as you do this remember why you see something that is not there,
it is because you are never upset for the reason you think ,
for your thoughts do not mean anything , because you are not upset for the reason you think.

apply this well to your life without judgement, and logically and perhpas the smalles hint of the viel we all wear in some form or another will begin to disappear.

i am not angry at myself because i got mad at something for the reasons i think , i am angry at myself for i see soemthing that is not there

i am not mad at the world due to prejudice, i am angry for i see something that is not there.

i am not crying at this movie for the reasons i think, i am angry for i see something that is not there.

and so forth

you may feel angry actually, or sad, or even frustrated for you are wondering what point is being made about life, and is it really this ??

it all depends on your point of view. and this course is about trying to correct points of view by examining possibilities we have no considered.

and what is it that you are seeing that is not there shall be examined in the lessons part seven.

HOLMES

a course in miracles, workbook lesson 7

"i see only the past"

what does this mean
a) it is the reason why nothing you see mean anything
b)it is the reason you have given everything you see all the meaning it has for you
c)it is the reason you do not understand anything you see
d)it is the reason why you thoughts do not mean anything and wy they are like the things you see
e)it is the reason why you are never upset for the reason you think
f)it is the reason why you are upset because you see something that isnt' there

excluse nothing and include everything as you use this concept for the day.

i see only the past in my arm
i see only the past in stomach
i see only the past in that body
i see only the past in that face
i see only the past in this room
i see only the past in my mom
i see only the past in friendships
i see only the past in my business
i see only the past in the aeclectic forum

the reason why i see nothing i see means anything is because i see only the past
the reason why that foot doesn't mean anything is because i see only the past
the reason why that movie doenst' mean anything is because i see only the past
the reason why that relationship doesn't mean anything is because i see only the past

the reason why i have given everything i see all the meaning that it has for me is because i see only the past.
i have given all the friendships i see , all the meaning that it has for me is because i see only the past
i have given all the addiction i see, all the meaning that it has for me is because i see only the past.

the reason i do not understand anything i see is because i see only the past.
i do not understand that movie for i see only the past
i do not understand that crissis for i see only the past
i do not understand that loving relationship for i see only the past.
i do not understand my "enemy" or "nemesis" for i see only the past.

the reason why my thoughts do not mean anything like the things i see is because they both come from the past i see.
my thoughts about philopshy do not mean anything for i see only the past.
my thoughts about love do not mean anything for i see only the past
my thoughts about judgement do not mean anything for i see only the past.
my thoughts about money do not mean anything for i see only the past.
my thoughts about revenge do not mean anything for i see only the past.

the reason why i am never upset for the reason i think is because i see only the past.
i am not upset about the world for the reason it hink is because i see only the past.
i am not upset about the deaths on the news for the reason i think, because i see only the past
i am not upset at god for the reason i think because i see only the past.
i am not upset at myself for the reason i think because i see only the past.

the reason why i am upset because i see something that is not there , this is due to my seeing of the past.
i am upset at god for i see something that is not there, for i see only the past
i am upset at the devil for i see soemthing that is not there, for i see only the past
i am upset at racism for i see something that is not there, for i see only the past.
i am upset at psychology for i see something that is not there, for i see only the past.

i see only the past?????

yes that means that we are not percieving reality as it really exists in the eyes of the creator. instead we are seeing an world of illusions which is based on soemthing that existed once but never will again again.
when we see only the past, it is hard to forgive, to release our anger, to accept them as they exist.
when we read the tarot , we see only the past.

does this mean that we can't see the now? first we have to realize that we see only the past, in order to move into the seeing of the now.
which this course in mind training will lead us to.

HOLMES

a course in miracles, workbook lesson 8

"my mind is preoccupied with past thoughts. "

i seem to be thinking about (add in context)
and to put it in pratice
i seem to be thinking about name of person, or name of object, or name of emotion. but my mind is preoccupied with past thoughts.

the workbook says the thoughts is why we see only the past, for what we see is our thoughts projected outwards.
the mind cannot grasp the present and so focuses on the past due to the misconception about time.
the mind can not understand time nor anything.

we all know that the past doesnt' exist, and to think about it is to think about illusions.. and while we do this, the truth is blocked.
to reogranize the mind is to realize our mind is blank instead of being filled with real ideas for while it is focuses on illusions the mind is truly blank from reality.

so to start off
i seem to be thinking about the girl i saw today but my mind is preoccupied with past thoughts.
i seems to be thinking about the friend i used to know but my mind is preoccupied with past thoughts.
i seem to be thinking about the excellent meal i had today but my mind is preoccupied with past thoughts.
i seem to be thinking about good times i had when i drank with a freind but my mind is preoccupied with past thoughts
i seem to be thinking about god, but my mind is preoccupied with past thoughts
i seem to be thinking about the goddes but my mind is preoccupied with past thougths.
i seem to be thinking about the violence i saw when i was young but my mind is preoccupied with past thoughts.
i seem to be thinking about the anger i had when i was a kid but my mind is preoccupied with past thoughts.

so in essence we do not only see the past,
it is our mind preoccupations with the past that makes us believe so .

HOLMES

a course in miracles workbook lesson nine

"i see nothing as it is now"

this is due to the mind is preoccupied with past thoughts. which caused you to see only the past, and see nothing as it is now.

so to apply this
i do not see that tarot card as it is now
i do not see that computer screen as it is now
i do not see that hand typing as it is now
i do not see that guitar in the corner as it is now
i do not see the creator as it is now
i do not see that beutiful woman as she is now
i do not see that ugly by movie standards person as he is now.
i do nto see that baby as it is now.
i do not see that pope as he is now
i do not see that course in miracles book as it is now
i do not see that toth deck as it is now

and so forth.
until tomorrow :)