to apply this simply say
"I am not alone in experiencing the effect of how i see god,
i am not alone in experiencing the effects of how i see the world
i am not alone in experiencing the effect of how i see death
i am not alone in experiencing the effects of how i see love
i am not alone in expereincing the effects of how i see the tarot"
and so forth
and end it with
I am not alone in expereincing the effect of my thinking.

the book suggest that thoughts which give rise to what you see are never neutral or unimportant.
and since minds are joined that which you see affects others.

it also says that today concept isnt for what you see but how you see it.

I remember a meaning from a book, tarot card meaning, or tarot card reading
my mind is fuzzy on the exact details
but the idea is that when somone dies in the world, it affects me in some way.
and i said noo it cant' and i argued with myself how can a death affect me in some part of the world ??
when a person suffers in the world do we not feel it,

and so by seeing love in the world, other people are affected by it.

HOLMES

a course in miracles workbook lesson 19

"I am not alone in experiencing the effects of my thoughts"
to apply it it
"I am not alone in experiencing the effects of this thought about god,
I am not alone in experiencing the effects of this thought about judgement
I am not alone in experiencing the effect of this thought about the horrors of the world "

as you have no neutral thoughts, you see no neutral things.
and you are not alone in alone in experiencing the effect of your seeing
and not alone in experiencing the effect of your thoughts.

this idea is the reason why your seeing does not affect you alone , thinking and its results are really simultaneous for cause and effect are never seperate.
the idea of minds being joined we would like you to explore it as fact.
it may be regarded as an invasion of privacy yet there is no private thoughts.
since we are all one,, we all share the same mind.

HOLMES

a course in miracles workbook lesosn 20

"I am determined to see"

this has no applications but is a statement which may seem general and causal but it has the beginning of a restructuring of your mind..
if you so will it.

if you see yourself as coerced and have resentment about this statment then obivously it will not work.
this is not an attempt to apply force or pressure but a means of salvation from false perceptions.
you want to be happy, and want peace and you dont' have them fully wholly now but your mind is undisciplined.
and because it is so at the moment it is cannot distinguise between joy and sorror, pleasure and pain, love and fear,
and now you are learning to them apart and your reward will be great.

all that is needed to see the vision is your decison to see .
for what you want is yours,

forgive me for the decidely christian slant more then normal here but this is to change the christian traditional view and it is in the book.
can the salvation of the world be a trival purpose, how can the world be saved if you are not.
again i would like to stress that the saving is not of a literial hell but from lack of loves and how can you love the world if you have lack of love within you ?

god has one son and he is the ressurection and the life, his will is done because all power is given in him in heaven and on earth.

the textbook referes to one son, who lives within us all for we are all that son who has split him into many parts.
more so the son is not only male but is andrognous and so the son is the daughter is the created.
the ressurection as i understand it currently refers to the idea that we are above all illusions and are one.
the created there is the life for we are all the created and to live with the created is not to see the illusions such as death and war and to see life and love.
the created will done for all the power of the creator is given him in the heavens and earth..
that means the heaven is earth.. or rather if you will it can be.
for there is no seperation.

so when you see everyone , everything simply repeat to yourself i am determined to see.
and let what happens come naturally and with no judgement.

HOLMES

a course in miracles workbook 21

"I am determined to see things differntly"

to apply this
"I am determined to see name of person differntly
I am determined to this situation differntly
to
I am determiend to see this attribute in name of person differntl"

to apply this myself
i am determiend to see myself differntly
i am deterined to see my brother differntly
i am determiend to see jdugement differntly
i am determiend to see the creator differntly
i am determined to see love in my brother differntly

it really helps if you look at times when anger in the past, the present, and even the future that angers and applyt his.
and you may notice that you annoyance is a viel over a intense furry.

remember at this stage you do not know see what arouses anger in you
concretate not on one particular thing or situation for to do so is an example of the belief that some forms of attack are more justified then others.

to actually apply this,,
i am determiend to see my weight issue differntly
i am determined to see my past differntly
i am determiend to see problem with somemone right now differntly.
i am determined to see my music differntly
i am determined to see love differntly.

HOLMES

a course in miracles workbook 22

"what i see is a form of vengeance"

look at the world around you and say what comes to your mind ,, this is in quoation

"i see only the perishable,
i see nothing that will last
what i see is not real
what i see is a form of vengeance.
is this the world i really want to see"?

anyone who holds attack thoughts must see the world in that way for having projected his anger ontot he world he sees vengeance about to strike at him.
his own attack he percieves as a way to defend himself.
and thus begins a increasingly vicious circle until he is willing to change how he sees.
what peace of mind is possible as attacka nd count attack thoughts preoccupy him and the people he sees to his entire world.

HOLMES

a course in miracles workbook lesson 23

"I can escape from the world i see by giving up attack thoughts"

"I can escape from the world i see by giving up attack thoughts about this sitaution"
in other words
i can escape from the world i see by giving up attack thoughts about god
i can escape from the world i see by giving up attack thoughts about goddess
i can escape from the world i see by giving up attack thoughts about politics
i can escape from the world i see by giving up attack thoughts about education
i can escape from the world i see by giving up attack thoughs about the bible
i can escape from the world i see by giving up attack thoughts about the govenment
i can escape from the world i see by giving up attack thoughts about my brother
i can escape from the world i see by giving up attack thoughts about myself
i can escape from the world i see by giving up attack thoughts about the tarot

this idea is the only way out of fear that will succeed for nothing else wil work, everything else is meaningless and this way can not fail.
it is with your thought we must work if your perception of the world is to change
everything you have makes up some segement of the world you see.
for if the cause of the world you see is attack thoguths you must learn that it is these thoughts that you do not want.
for there is not point in lamenting the world or trying to change the world for it is incapable of change for it is an effect.

the world is an effect , how we can change the effect without going to the cause to change the effect.
so as you change your thoughts about the world you are changin the cause and the effect will be automatically.

the world you see currently is a vengeful world and so it is a symbol of vengence. and so the world you see is a pictorial representation of your won attack thoughts.
you see the world that you have made but not yourself as an image maker for you can not be saved from the world but you can escape from it cause.
this what salvation means where is the world you see when its cause is gone
vision already holds a replaeement for everything you think you see now
loveliness can light your images so transform them that youw ill love them even though they were made of hate
for you will not be making them alone.

you are not trapped in the world you see because it cause can be changed
for the cause to be changed it must be first indentified then and let go so it can be replaced.
the first two steps in this procedure comes from your cooperation yet the final step of replacement does not require your cooperation. for your images have already been replaced and once you take the first two steps you will see it is so.

Sophie-David

HOLMES said:
"The universe is sacred. Everything, every single thing, is important"
that is all true..
for all is loved in the eyes of the creator.

i did a workshop called flying on your own, and kinew training.
in the workshop they spend 2 and half days bring us down,, helping us to realize what we are thinking by their excerises. then afterwards they build us up.
it is true in many differnt spiritual training..
the master of zen tells his student to let go of his attachments to the world
both buddha and jesus as the masters as well
and that is the importance of it as it as well that is let go..
that is all I can say until we get to lesson 30.
Holmes, I think I know exactly what you mean. I entered into a similar discipline as suggested by Sophie: the temporary destruction of my personality, of all that I was at an ego level, to burn and wash away my castle of oppression and thus encounter the feminine divine. I hadn't read anywhere about my procedure of course, and I wouldn't generally recommend it. See Post #76 in the Spirit Guide Group: Meditations thread.

David

HOLMES

a course in miracles workbook 24

"I do not percieve my own best interests"

to apply this ,, let your imagine flow
in this situation invovling natalie portman i would like to meet and get to know her,,
but i do not percieve my own best interests in this situation.

in this situation involving jesus , i would to jesus to appear before me and talk his teachings to me but i do not percieve my own best interest in this situation.

in this situation involving wrestling i would to become a professional wrestler and get good at it but i do not periceve my own best interest in this situation.
and so forth

the idea so far is that you do not realize the outcome that would make you happy in any situation that arises.
you therefoe have no guide to appropriate action and no way of judging the result.
the perception you have about your situation is wrong and so you do not serve your own best interests.
yet they are the only interests that are correct.
youcould be taught what the best interests are but you can not learn in the presence of your conviction that you do not kow what they are.
so this ida that you do not percieve your own best interests is an opening of the mind for you.
it requires a lot of honestly.
and recall you do not percieve your own best interests.

know my friend that percieve does not mean the same as know,, for we all know the best interests is to come from love and to have win and win for everyone,,
yet when we try to see the situation and come up with a win win for yourself you do not percieve your own best interests for perception is an manner of egoing and judgement.

HOLMES

a course in miracles workbook 25

"i do not know what anything is for"

i do not know what this computer is for
i do not know what this tarot card is for
i do not know what this hands are for
i do not know what this guitar is for
i do not know what this god is for
i do not know what this music is for

this explains why nothing you see means anything for youd o not know what it is for so therefore it is meangingless.
the meaning of all thing is purpose and so everything is for your own best interests for that is it is for and what it means
when you accept this, your goals becomes unified and so you give everything meaning.

it is with the ego goals that we percieve everything as meaningful.
yet these goals are not your best interest for the ego is not you.
your goals then are personal interests
and since you have no personal interests your goals are not concerned with nothing.
you do not know what anything is for as you cheris your goals

one more thought is necessary ,, you do accept purpose at superfical levels yet purpose can not be understood,
so you must give up goals you have established for everything and see not things in good or bad but as meanginful or less.

today excerise is to help you start on that parth.
apply it important and unimportant, human and non human nothing is to be excluded.

(you may want to mediate on this instead of using your eyes as you concept if this is too hard)

HOLMES

a course in miracles workbook lesson 26

"my attack thoughts are attacking my invulnerablity"

if you can be attacked then you are not invulnerable and so you see attack as a real threat which is so for you believe you can be attack.
and what effects you have on others must surely affect you
this is the law that will save you despite your misuse of it now.
you must learn how it can be used for your own best interests instead of against them.

you fear attack for your attack thougths will be projected and if you fear attack you beliee you are not invulnerable.
it is in your own mind that attack thoughts make you vulnerable for that is where attack thoughts are.
attack throughts and invunlerablity contridict each other and so can not exist together.

you alwasy attack yourself first
and so you weaken yourself in your own eyes through the belief that you are vunerable. thus your thoughts have attacked your perception of yourself
and as you believe in them you can no longer believe in yourself
and so a false image of yourself is made to take place of what you are.

this idea for today wil help you understand that invulnerability or vulneralbity is the result of your own thoughts. for nothing except your own thoughts can attack you, that nothing except your thoughts can make you think you are vulnerable and nothing except your thoughts can prove to you that this is not so.

as you look around the room or mediate on this
you can apply thusly

i am concerned about blank or i am afraid blank will happen
that thougths is an attack upon myself
for my attack thoughts are attacking my invulnerabiltiy.

ok let me see
i am concerned about the creator
i am concerned about the devil
i am concerned about the hydro
i am concerned about the phone
i am concerned about the tarot
i am concerned about the lungs
that thoughts is an attack upon myself
for my attack thoughts are attacking my invulnerablity

i am afraid i will die
i am afraid i will gain more weight
i am afraid i cant' lose this weight
i am afraid that girl will find out that i like her
i am afraid that the creator will punish me for something i did years ago
i am araid that the devil is readl
i am afraid that studying the tarot is no good for me
that thought is an attack upon myself
for my attack thoughts are attacking my invulnerability.