Help from any Japanese-reading AT'ers?

jackdaw*

I have been desperately seeking the Tarot de Paris - the woodblock limited-edition deck by Grimaud. Of course, it's very very hard to find (if the person who outbid me on eBay for Stuart R Kaplan's copy recently is reading this: congratulations, you lucky dog!).

I found a website that I believe is written in Japanese, which may or may not offer it for sale:

http://www.majyutsudo.jp/tarot2.html

Google's Translate this Page worked for this page, but when I clicked on the links to it, it became a series of symbols again - since I don't have Japanese fonts installed, and there is no way I could get Google to locate that second page.

Is anyone out there able to puzzle out if they DO sell this deck? And if so, will they ship to North America? Any assistance would be very much appreciated to help me find my "Holy Grail".

Thank you!
QueenofPentacles

jackdaw*

Oh yes, I have, but it isn't in their catalogue. However, I am waiting for 3 other decks from there!

Gregory and I have been talking about this deck, and she has also asked Roderick if he has any sources to this deck.

Thanks,
QofP

roppo

QueenofPentacles,

the website is famous among Japanese occult fans. The tarot is certainly on sale and they accept Visa, Masters etc. I'm not sure wheter they ship it abroad or not. I'll ask them about it on their BBS. Please wait awhile.

jackdaw*

Oh, wow! Thank you, roppo, I appreciate the help!

roppo

Setteld

QueenofPentacles,

I got a reply from Majutsudo. They accept orders from abroad: you can use Visa etc. Send an e-mail for order in plain English. The address you'll find in their top-page.

wish this might be a bit help to you.

jackdaw*

Whoo! Thank you, Roppo, that's very good news!!! I'll direct the rest of my million questions their way :)

I really appreciate the help!

jackdaw*

Yay!

A reply from Majyutsudo! About $48 Canadian for the deck and shipping! As soon as I can figure out how to fax my address and cc info to Japan, I will have my deck on its way!!

Adam McLean

QueenofPentacles,

Can you tell me what email address you used to contact
majyutsudo ?

I don't seem to be able to find it on their web site.

Adam McLean

jackdaw*

Sure, Adam,

it's kato@akasoft.com - it was somewhere on the very top main page of the website. Very confusing, as I can't read Japanese and certainly not the slew of funny characters my non-Japanese-font-installing computer gives me in lieu! I basically kept going "back" and slowly dragging the mouse over every line to see if anything brought up an email address!

I had two fairly prompt replies from Satoshi Kato, who is very polite and answered all of my questions. Just make sure to write very simply, because English is not his first language.

I will be sending my order today, he said nothing to me about availability, just that it is in stock.

Good luck!
QofP