Help from any Japanese-reading AT'ers?

roppo

QueenofPentacles said:
Sure, Adam,

Very confusing, as I can't read Japanese and certainly not the slew of funny characters my non-Japanese-font-installing computer gives me in lieu! I basically kept going "back" and slowly dragging the mouse over every line to see if anything brought up an email address!

QofP

Sorry, my fault! I should have noticed that.

After that, I browsed around the Japanese tarotshop websites and found 2 other places where Tarot de Paris is still on sale by regular price (in both cases 3900yen). Is it really very hard to get? Perhaps due to the linguistic barriar some rare decks could remain on the Japanese shelves, escaping from the desperate claws of Tarot Hunters!!

jackdaw*

That's no worry at all, Roppo! I did manage to find it, and they have been very helpful, and I have shared the info with Adam.

I will be placing the order tomorrow by fax ... the copy and print places around my office building do not send international faxes :( and I will be going to Kinko's tomorrow before work.

And it is very curious, isn't it? Whenever one of these decks is posted on eBay or a European store, it gets snapped up quickly or the price gets very high! I think you are right, it must be the language barrier!

Thank you again for your assistance,
QofP

jackdaw*

I just received my Tarot de Paris yesterday. I am blown away by the quality of the deck, and by Satoshi's excellent and speedy customer service.

Thank you, Roppo! Thank you, thank you!

roppo

You're welcome, and happy new year with your Tarot de Paris!

Fulgour

QueenofPentacles said:
I just received my Tarot de Paris yesterday. I am blown away by the quality of the deck, and by Satoshi's excellent and speedy customer service.
My copy arrived Saturday (May 20th) in perfect condition...
and only 3 days after I placed my order. Very good service!
But I'm afraid anyone visiting the site now will discover that
Tarot de Paris by Grimaud in SOLD OUT~at least at present.

Thank You :) QueenofPentacles! ~for an exciting adventure!

jackdaw*

Very welcome, hope you enjoy the Paris as much as I am!

Clay

Sold Out

Wow, Queen of Pentacles and Fulgour, you're timing must have been very good. I just went on that Japanese website looking for the Tarot de Paris, and it says they are sold out. You must have gotten the last copies.

Clay

Fulgour

good times

Clay said:
Wow, Queen of Pentacles and Fulgour, you're timing must have been very good.
I owe a debt of gratitude to my friend coredil :)
for helping me to understand this deck's beauty.

roppo

roppo said:
Sorry, my fault! I should have noticed that.

After that, I browsed around the Japanese tarotshop websites and found 2 other places where Tarot de Paris is still on sale by regular price (in both cases 3900yen). Is it really very hard to get? Perhaps due to the linguistic barriar some rare decks could remain on the Japanese shelves, escaping from the desperate claws of Tarot Hunters!!

Now I announce with deep sorrow that the Tarot de Paris is now out of stock at the above webshops. I'm under the impression that now even in Japan rare things become really rare!

lark

You should ask if they have the Dodal...