Aeclectic Tarot
Dedicated to the diversity and beauty of Tarot since 1996

· Tarot Decks   · Tarot Meanings   · Tarot Forum   · Home

Tarot Gallery Tarot Card Meanings Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Community What's New

Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Beyond Tarot > Divination

Welcome to the Aeclectic Tarot Forum!

We are the oldest and largest Tarot forum community on the Internet. If you have any questions about any aspect of Tarot or using your cards, or you just want to connect with other Tarot enthusiasts, you've found the right place!

Registering your account is completely free, and allows you to post, share readings, search, view extra boards and more.

Hope to see you in the forum soon!

a_shikhs 
Citizen

Witches 13 Runes

Has anyone made these runes? Does anyone have the divinatory meanings of these runes??

http://www.stonelitecreations.com/witches13.htm

Thanks,
Shikhs

Old 11-05-2006 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #1
Wandlimb 
Citizen

Try this: http://www.psychic-revelation.com/wi...ools_runes.htm

It has the meanings and how you cast them. Hope this helps.
Wandlimb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #2
catlin 
Citizen

Ha, now I know what to do with my tumbled stones and the glass beads I bought thanks for the links.
catlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #3
a_shikhs 
Citizen

Thank you Wandlimb for the link. It was very helpful. Its gonna be fun making these runes..

What is the difference between Witches 8 Runes and Witches 13 Runes?

Old 11-05-2006 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #4
Wandlimb 
Citizen

More links: http://www.wicca.com/celtic/forums/v...20&forum_id=16 and http://60sfurther.com/HTML/Guest-Chantell-4.htm

There's not that much information on these runes unfortunately, these are just little bits. I did find a book about them though http://www.insight-books.com/RNSM/0806519967.html so maybe that would help too.

Wandlimb
Wandlimb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #5
Disa 
The last in line

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_shikhs
Thank you Wandlimb for the link. It was very helpful. Its gonna be fun making these runes..

I've been thinking of buying Witches Runes for quite sometime. I also don't know the difference between the 8 and the 13- other than there are different symbols.

The 8 Runes have one symbol called The Ear of Corn- which is a symbol that I have drawn since I was a teen for no apparent reason. I also made a piece of silver jewelry with this symbol though I'd not seen this symbol before.

I would like to have 13 runes, but with the Ear of Corn included- can't seem to find this combination.

I'm interested in knowing, symbolically why one set has a 8 runes and the other 13 and why the symbols are not the same.

Any ideas?

Last edited by Disa; 02-10-2006 at 04:21.
Disa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #6
blackstormhawk 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_shikhs

You knew that someone had to say it ...

(wowee ... 200th post!)

Old 02-10-2006 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #7
Disa 
The last in line

Well, congratulations on your 200th post. But... does anyone have any info to clarify these things for us?
Disa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #8
Tristram Shandy 
Resident

Witch runes

This is a good thread. I've seen these runes for sale in some online shops, and I became curious about their origin. Now I had a reason to investigate it.

It seems that people in wicca.com board are mistaken about the inventor of these runes. They point at Silver RavenWolf, but her book Witches Runes is about Germanic runes. The evidence leads to Susan Sheppard.

To stay on topic, I found yet another guide to this rune system (a PDF file). I hope it is usable. OK, the description about the Woman Rune has quite a blunder. There isn't a figure called "Illmater" in Finnish mythology. Her name is Ilmatar, which means "Woman of the Air", not "water mother". Finnish isn't an Indoeuropean language, so it hasn't got a word like mater, mother. And the Finns didn't use runes for anything until today. I'm not sure if I should laugh or cry for the text. The feeling must be something like the one those Native Americans have, when they see their culture and mythology distorted in New Age oracle decks.
Tristram Shandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #9
Skysteel 
Citizen

Firstly, I just want to thank all the contributors to this thread - very useful links about an intriguing divination system I knew nothing about,
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disa
I'm interested in knowing, symbolically why one set has a 8 runes and the other 13 and why the symbols are not the same.

Any ideas?
The symbols may not be exactly the same, but I think they're intended to be similar. There seems to be a 'missing link', as it were, between the two systems - the 10 Gypsy Runes. To demonstrate, the 8 Witches' Runes have the following symbols:

The Sun
The Moon
The Rings
The Crossed Spears
The Wave
The Birds
The Ear of Corn
The Black Rune

The Gypsy Runes add two more and slightly change a few:

The Eye
The Star
The Wave -> Water
The Ear of Corn -> The Ripe Grain
The Black Rune -> The Sickle

The 13 Witches' Runes then add three more and again slightly change a few existing ones:

Woman
Man
Romance
The Crossed Spears -> The Crossroads
Water -> Waves
The Birds -> Flight
Ripe Grain -> The Harvest
The Sickle -> The Scythe

"Where sky meets steel,
One shines, one burns."

Last edited by Skysteel; 09-10-2006 at 01:09.
Skysteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #10
Go ad-free and support us too - upgrade to subscriber today