Playing Cards~ Reading and Discussion

Little Baron

I have just began Deborah Leigh's course on Personal Prophesy, reading with playing cards, as recommended by Pheonix Rising.

And as much as I am very excited and interested about working with playing cards, I do need some help in how to put the messages together.

I did my first large reading today. I imagine it to last for the next month.

Each section is a trio.

The first is the 'present moment'.
I received 9 of Clubs, 8 of Diamonds, Ace of Hearts

A little confused by this. Using Deborah's keywords (since I have not worked with them long enough to find my own), I have indulgence + a relationship in existance + home.
Now is this telling me about my home life at present? At the moment, I live with my parents as I am looking for work. Is it my relationship with them? Is living at home becoming too comfy for me? Am I taking advantage of their hospitality? Have I got myself into a rut?

Looking at the 'home' in the second trio, I receive 9 of Diamonds, King of Spades, 8 of Clubs - uncertainty and confusion + the king + frustration and blockages. Since this is in the section of the home, I imagine that this king might be my father. Who else? I can't quite understand how to interpret the 9 of Diamonds, but the frustration might be centred around living with him in the next month we can rub each other up the wrong way when in close contact for a long time.
Today, unfortunately, he fell outside a shopping centre - from the top of some stone stairs, to the bottom. Being a few steps below, my mother was knocked by his fall as well and the two both ended up at the bottom. I only saw them five minutes later as I had been in a shop and he was having trouble breathing and the two of them were in shock. He has been to casualty and all is ok. He just needs to rest. This means that for a while, he will be home here with me. We are not good together at home, lol. I am wondering if the frustration will stem from us both being here together. I cannot think of anything else this might be hinting at.

For myself, the next set looks at a disappointing time - 10 of Diamonds, 2 of Clubs and King of Clubs - Financial matters + Disappointment + a king. May this have something to do with a job? Or my current benefits? Not being able to do something with a 'king' due to lack of cash? The disappointment is not a large one, so I am not too bothered, but I do see this as a recurring theme for the month.
Or is it someone else? There is a guy that I have been 'kind of' seeing. Well, we are newish friends (finally getting to know one another after quite a few years of running into each other once in a blue moon, and having a drunken liasson) and have been physical with each other on many occasions. We have seen a lot more of each other in the past couple of weeks, but obviously, without cash, it makes things harder. If it is not him, then maybe my lack of finances are stopping me from seeing or finding another king(???).

My wish. Now here is where I am really confused. As mentioned in another thread, I find it hard to interpret a trio when one card is sandwiched inbetween two courts. In this case, King of Hearts + Ace of Clubs + King of Diamonds. What does this mean? King + communication + King. Do I need to communicate more? Is there a blockage between two people? As it is in terms of wishes (of which would have been either a good new job or love interest), do I need to either chat to the man I like or apply for the job I want? My responsibility. The King of Diamonds looks at the King of Hearts, but the King of Hearts is looking in the opposite direction. Do I need to make someone aware of how I feel? Or is someone about to do that to me? If I am a king, which of the two am I? Should I get in contact with someone? Or is someone about to get in contact with me?

All four kings have fallen into this reading.

News is brought in 'unexpected circumstances' (5 of Diamonds). I imagine it is brought by or is about the 'Queen of Clubs'. There is grief and mourning in the '9 of Spades'. Not such a cheery set.

In expected circumstances, I receive the other relationship card to begin with - 6 of Diamonds, 3 of Spades, Jack of Spades. This is something to do with a relationship. Maybe it is the guy I have spoken about, James, even though we are not strictly in a relationship. Well, he is - just not with me ;) . Could this be explaining this predicament? The routine of our relationship. How it either suits or doesn't. Not sure about whether the Jack is me or him. Or is it his partner, turning a blind eye?

As for surprises, they are a little on the worrying side.
7 of Diamonds, 4 of Spades, Queen of Spades.
Scandal + Illness or depression + queen.
I have mentioned that my mother has had problems with alcohol in the past. Things have straightened out in recent months. Are they about to un-straighten again. Am I once again, in for a little surprise? I wonder .. but maybe I would have gotten one of the cards associated with addiction. What do you think? I am prepared, all the same.

Or is this to do with James as well?

But my future looks bright in what is to come true.
Queen of Diamonds + 9 of Hearts + 10 of Hearts
Queen + my wish + true love and unity.
Will I get the love I wish for? Will I get the job I dream of? Who is this queen? Is she a contact in the fashion industry? Is she someone/friend who will introduce me to a nice man?

Any help you can give is very much appreciated.

LB

Joermit

hello!

Hello, LB!

It's very exciting to get such good and enthusiastic responses for divination with playing cards... I would be honored to help you out in any way possible... I don't use the PP method, Phoenix Rising could prolly grealy help you out there... but what I'll do, just for some insights... is interpret the cards you've pulled and the spread with my meanings... just to give you a look at how I look at cards... and hopefully, maybe there'll be some bits of info there that may help you out! I've got out my pcs and layed them out and interpreted each trio as I would... I also tried not to look at the info you provided to give the most unbiased reading possible... I also have my own sorta encouraging/empowering bits I've added to cards for guidance...

here goes...

~ present moment ~
9:club: 8:diamond: Ace:heart:

To me this looks as though you're at a standstill of sorts, taking a step back from some issues, reserving your energy and recharging your batteries to prepare for something new... looks like now is a wonderful time for study and learning new things and making some plans... just kinda take it easy... don't stress... I also see a highly creative and intutive energy present with a possible opportunity for emotional fulfillment, artistry, and/or highly intuitive feelings... now's a time to really trust your gut!

~ home ~
9:diamond: King:spade: 8:club:

All looks ok here with changes for the better coming (perhaps within 2 months time)... though you are perhaps a bit lonely... know that you are okay, safe, and secure... also a strong male figure is present who may be a bit harsh in words or thought and quick to vocalize them... don't be too quick to judge any situations... and don't worry bout this too much as again, changes are on their way! do something nice for yourself... feel as though there is a 'luxurious' energy around you...

~ you ~
10:diamond: 2:club: King:club:

This look great to me.... there is wealth on the way... it's just a matter of waiting... great potential here.. it says you are going to get in control of your goals/ambitions and push forward... looks like you may need a bit more clarity, that's why there is a need for waiting... great time for some foresight and manifesting.. communication is big now too... talk about what you want.. with yourself and others... and also look at your concept of wealth... there is potential for a great a wealthy energy here... but what makes you feel wealthy?? decide and start creating it...

~ your wish ~
King:heart: Ace:club: King:diamond:

To me this is a light filled, positive energy entering into a situation which involves two very compatible energies... I see face cards many times not as ppl, but I do wonder if this could be you and someone else... has someone been on your mind?? thinking opening the lines of communication of perhaps righting a wrong?? this says go for it... also could be an indicator of some healing energies at work... detoxing and purifying as well as connecting with earth energies to ground... indicator of positve coming about through the use of intuition, creativity, and practicality....

~ unexpected circumstances ~
5:diamond: Queen:club: 9:spade:

This looks a bit challenging... could be a difficult, worrysome time with someone or with emotions concerning a goal... you or anyone around you with addiction issues (of any kind--drugs, money, sex, alcohol) or serious health problem?? could also be a serious self-esteem issue... don't worry, stress, or put any negative energy into this as there's not a lot you can do... entertaining stressful thoughts or expecting them will only make things worse... make sure you're sleeping well... having some fun... and being true to your own character, morals, and ethics...

~ surprises ~
7:diamond: 4:spade: Queen:spade:

Looks like big instrospective energy here... respite and rest are necessary at some point, otherwise an illness may come about... go within... speaks of a time where you will reflect and meditate on an issue... I would caution you not to get emotionally or intellectually involved in the process though... also there is a balancing energy here... truth, honesty, and integretity are also some big issues you may encounter...take an air of grace with things... rising above any challenges..

~ Future ~
Queen:diamond: 9:heart: 10:heart:

This looks wonderful... great hope, inspiration, happiness, love, and joy are on the way, as is possible financial improvments... you must just be patience, down to earth, and nurturing to yourself... staying grounded is key.. great card for the future... don't lose hope... hope is necessary in order for finally get this... perhaps by summer things will have manfiested...

Well... that's my best on this... can't say I'm a big fan of this spread.. and it's also the longest reading I've ever without the person I'm reading for sitting in front of me... if anything I hope was helpful in some way or at least offered some look at another style of reading with pcs.. again... I take a pretty spiritual, guidance filled approach as opposed to purely predictive... looking forward to chatting more... good luck... take care...

Joey

Phoenix Rising

Firstly...Joermit it is great to have you interpretation for you own cards, the interesting thing is that you will probably be right as well, so we'll have a multi-dimensional view of the cards. That's the beauty of PC's because they are so flexible. I won't read yours either Joermit, so I don't get biased either.

LittleBuddha said:
Each section is a trio.

The first is the 'present moment'.
I received 9 of Clubs, 8 of Diamonds, Ace of Hearts

A little confused by this. Using Deborah's keywords (since I have not worked with them long enough to find my own), I have indulgence + a relationship in existance + home.
Now is this telling me about my home life at present? At the moment, I live with my parents as I am looking for work. Is it my relationship with them? Is living at home becoming too comfy for me? Am I taking advantage of their hospitality? Have I got myself into a rut?
Ok because there is no court card present, these cards represent all of your feelings and actions.
An existing situation to do with your home environment seems to be in the air at the moment. The 9:club: is saying that yes I think you maybe getting comfortable, as the card of creature comforts, this is to do with generally having a good ole time...indulging in those things that you need. At it's worst, too much of a good thing...like a "bad habit" a bit of both. There may also be a dinner party or something being planned at the moment in your home. The 9:club: is also the card of "addiction" so if there is an existing situation that is to do with a "bad habit" or a addiction, there will be some focus on it, in the home. Always remember, that trios can also represent 2 or 3 different combinations, and they can all be correct, it's not limited to just 1 only. the cards are mult-dimensional.

Looking at the 'home' in the second trio, I receive 9 of Diamonds, King of Spades, 8 of Clubs - uncertainty and confusion + the king + frustration and blockages. Since this is in the section of the home, I imagine that this king might be my father. Who else? I can't quite understand how to interpret the 9 of Diamonds, but the frustration might be centred around living with him in the next month we can rub each other up the wrong way when in close contact for a long time.
Today, unfortunately, he fell outside a shopping centre - from the top of some stone stairs, to the bottom. Being a few steps below, my mother was knocked by his fall as well and the two both ended up at the bottom. I only saw them five minutes later as I had been in a shop and he was having trouble breathing and the two of them were in shock. He has been to casualty and all is ok. He just needs to rest. This means that for a while, he will be home here with me. We are not good together at home, lol. I am wondering if the frustration will stem from us both being here together. I cannot think of anything else this might be hinting at.
You will have some indecision and uncertainty to do with this man or your father, it could be as you don't know what or how you could help a situation, what his needs are. But it looks as though he will be most frustrated having to stay at home...it doesn't necessarily mean that his frustrations are to do with you. You're just not sure of how you could make things easier for him.

For myself, the next set looks at a disappointing time - 10 of Diamonds, 2 of Clubs and King of Clubs - Financial matters + Disappointment + a king. May this have something to do with a job? Or my current benefits? Not being able to do something with a 'king' due to lack of cash? The disappointment is not a large one, so I am not too bothered, but I do see this as a recurring theme for the month.
Or is it someone else? There is a guy that I have been 'kind of' seeing. Well, we are newish friends (finally getting to know one another after quite a few years of running into each other once in a blue moon, and having a drunken liasson) and have been physical with each other on many occasions. We have seen a lot more of each other in the past couple of weeks, but obviously, without cash, it makes things harder. If it is not him, then maybe my lack of finances are stopping me from seeing or finding another king(???).
Because this trio is about yourself, it is generally giving a hint as to your personal state of mind, feelings etc. Cash seems to be the main focus of your mind at present, and the "MINOR" disappointment only comes from things not working out the way you want it too, you wanting more than you are capable of making, if that makes sense...The king is a practical man who is usually very efficient and is probably the creative king...Maybe you are spending above your means and want to have that image. I think you maybe are just not using your talents to make the money that you potentially can.

My wish. Now here is where I am really confused. As mentioned in another thread, I find it hard to interpret a trio when one card is sandwiched inbetween two courts. In this case, King of Hearts + Ace of Clubs + King of Diamonds. What does this mean? King + communication + King. Do I need to communicate more? Is there a blockage between two people? As it is in terms of wishes (of which would have been either a good new job or love interest), do I need to either chat to the man I like or apply for the job I want? My responsibility. The King of Diamonds looks at the King of Hearts, but the King of Hearts is looking in the opposite direction. Do I need to make someone aware of how I feel? Or is someone about to do that to me? If I am a king, which of the two am I? Should I get in contact with someone? Or is someone about to get in contact with me?

All four kings have fallen into this reading.
When a card falls between 2 courts, it simply means that there is a message between these 2. in this case, there will be communication either by phone or letter, email etc, shared between these 2. The KH is on the very left, so it can represent you...but because the direction of both kings is looking at the left, therefore at "YOU" remember you're always on the left. Then they may both be communicating or talking about you. But depends on what your question or wish was..this is the trio...If you asked "should I call or will X call me, then this is the trio to look at.

News is brought in 'unexpected circumstances' (5 of Diamonds). I imagine it is brought by or is about the 'Queen of Clubs'. There is grief and mourning in the '9 of Spades'. Not such a cheery set.
Yes the 5d is about news or information that you will share with the Queen, she will most likely be quite worried or grieved at something. You will hear "news" or get information concerning her grief.

In expected circumstances, I receive the other relationship card to begin with - 6 of Diamonds, 3 of Spades, Jack of Spades. This is something to do with a relationship. Maybe it is the guy I have spoken about, James, even though we are not strictly in a relationship. Well, he is - just not with me ;) . Could this be explaining this predicament? The routine of our relationship. How it either suits or doesn't. Not sure about whether the Jack is me or him. Or is it his partner, turning a blind eye?
The Jack is not you..he is on the right, you are always on the left. You share an existing relationship or there is an existing situation with this Jack, there appears to be an unexpected event while doing a routine matter concerning him, although he is looking away from you, so I think he has other things on his mind. Something that is out of character or the normal routine.

As for surprises, they are a little on the worrying side.
7 of Diamonds, 4 of Spades, Queen of Spades.
Scandal + Illness or depression + queen.
I have mentioned that my mother has had problems with alcohol in the past. Things have straightened out in recent months. Are they about to un-straighten again. Am I once again, in for a little surprise? I wonder .. but maybe I would have gotten one of the cards associated with addiction. What do you think? I am prepared, all the same.

Or is this to do with James as well?
The scandal card is a card of rumor and untruths, I have also found it to mean "unfair criticism" which appears that you will be the one doing or either assuming a situation that isn't necessarily true. This can cause you a little bit of stress, which is to do with this woman. Maybe you are just fed up. I have also assigned body parts..but it's just experimental at this stage. You may suffer from your vertebrae being a bit out, and may seek a physiotherapist to straighten it out...but like I said that is just an experimental opinion at this stage.

But my future looks bright in what is to come true.
Queen of Diamonds + 9 of Hearts + 10 of Hearts
Queen + my wish + true love and unity.
Will I get the love I wish for? Will I get the job I dream of? Who is this queen? Is she a contact in the fashion industry? Is she someone/friend who will introduce me to a nice man?

Any help you can give is very much appreciated.

LB
The question you asked about lies in this trio because the 9H is present. It does appear that the Q:diamond: one of material means will have something to do with your wish...love and happiness ends the trio. It is also the card of "Family and togetherness with loving people" Good read.

cheers PR..now I will read what Joey has interpreted and will see if our messages are similliar. There is no right or wrong.

Little Baron

Great responses Joe and PR. Thank you very, very much.

And there are simularities in both. I like how you picked up on the artistic side of my life, Joe, where as PR, you brought in the aspects of my career block and the ways that I am making changes.

I will print out both accounts and take a look over them with the cards infront of me.

At the moment, trying to remember the meanings is a problem.

Also, when I did the reading, I didn't pay much attention to the 'court rule'. I can see the difference in reading with it now.

So ...

If I have Ace of Clubs, Three of Hearts, Jack of Spades

That is not about me, yes? It is someone else.

If I have Jack of Spades, Three of Hearts, Ace of Clubs

Then that is my feelings as I am on the left, yes?

And if I have Three of Hearts, Jack of Spades, Ace of Clubs

Then the Ace of Clubs belongs to the Jack, and the Three of Hearts is my thoughts, feelings and response, since I am on the left? Yes? Have I got that right?

LB

Al Si'ra

May i join too??

Till summer i have been practicing the same technique :) but i sometimes have trouble combining the cards together..

here is one of my last readings..i would love to have some feedback

This was a love related question

Feelings of the person towards another:

2 of :diamond: 9 of :heart: Queen of :spade:
Interesting; i have a wish card and a secret card and a woman..which is probably me(simply all the women can be me-my playing cards have not decided the true sig. not yet)..so the person does hold a secret wish towards this woman;which we don't know?Or maybe simply hiding feelings and intentions..

The situation of this person concerning the woman

Ace of :heart: 7 of :diamond: 10 of :heart:

Again..i think this is very interesting..we have our rumor card and a card related to home matters and a true love card..i feel that there is a lot of misunderstanding and unnecessary talks regarding this woman and this may be a blockage in reaching the unity.the talk may have taken place in "home".

can this have anything to do with the fact that i have told him at his home that i met a few of his friends a few months ago..and he simply thought they hit on me trying to make their way to me..but nothing has happened..i am not sure..and plus his friends did not speak of him nicely-again probably to make sure that i drift away from him..told untrue things.

What is going to happen:

3 of :spade: 6 of :spade: Queen of :heart:

It seems to me that there is going to be a surprising meeting sort of thing in the middle of the day-if that happens i should be taking my time before proceeding..

Ok i might be off with all my interpretations..feel free to criticize.i just love playing cards :)!!!

:love:
xx

Little Baron

Hi Al Si'ra

Now, I am going to have a look. I was going to leave it as I wasn't feeling to confident, but I thought, give it a go ... it's the only way to learn.

So here goes.

2 :diamond: , 9 :heart: , Queen :spade:

Firstly, I see that the wish card has entered the first trio, 'What feelings one person has for another'. I think that this would provoke a positive reaction. That the wish of the person would come true.

But there is a secret within the threesome. Something is being held back. I am guessing that since the 'Queen' is on the right, she resembles qualities of another person and it is her (or him) that you are holding thoughts from. Are you worried about being too full on? Are you frightened that your wish, if shared, may scare him off? The 'Queen' turns to the right. You may worry that he is not as interested in your wishes as you are. Is there a worry that he may want to move forward, alone?

Ace :heart: , 7 :diamond: , 10 :heart:

The situation, concerning the woman (not sure if you are seeing the woman as yourself, or if you are looking at the 'queen', which I feel might signify him).

All the same, from what I have learnt, these feelings are yours, since there are no courts in the trio.

Something may have (or will) happen that causes a scandal. Now not all scandals are like the ones we see headlined on the tabloid newspapers, but they can cause embarrassment, all the same. I feel that there may be minor embarrassments in your relationship with this man. It may be connected with the first three cards - do you feel silly expressing your true feelings to him? I also, like PR see the 'ace' as a token of love (as well as the home), so I detect that it is something that is very close and dear to you. But whatever embarrassment or scandal this is, true love will win through, I feel - ending with the 'Ten of Hearts'.
Just looking at the first set - focusing on secrecy. Is there something scandalous in your past that you want to be open with this man about? Something you want to get off of your chest? Something you think he might not approve of? The last card tells me that if he loves you, he will not mind.

I am not sure, from your post, if you are in a relationship with this person or not, which makes it a little difficult to interpret correctly.

3 :spade: , 6 :spade: , Queen :heart:

Finally, looking at this set of cards, I would alert you to troubles that may be in the near future. Caution! This card is also connected to pregnancy, so I do not need to remind you about those kind of cautions and precautions.

'The Queen' looks at you, so I feel that this man is sensitive to your needs (hearts). But in everyday basics, mistakes can be made, so make sure you do take precautions; especially physically.

Not quite sure if this means anything to you. I was a little confused by your actual situation, so forgive me if I am 'right off' on interpretation.

But in terms of actual reading, I feel more confident than I did in the last one - partly down to understanding the courts a little better, I think.

Off to read your own version now.

LB

Al Si'ra

Hi LB; thank you so muuuch :) i was feeling alone with my cartomancy skills :)

2 , 9 , Queen

Firstly, I see that the wish card has entered the first trio, 'What feelings one person has for another'. I think that this would provoke a positive reaction. That the wish of the person would come true.

But there is a secret within the threesome. Something is being held back. I am guessing that since the 'Queen' is on the right, she resembles qualities of another person and it is her (or him) that you are holding thoughts from. Are you worried about being too full on? Are you frightened that your wish, if shared, may scare him off? The 'Queen' turns to the right. You may worry that he is not as interested in your wishes as you are. Is there a worry that he may want to move forward, alone?

5 minutes ago i was thinking that..i also get 9 of cups for this person..and i have read that it could mean having feelings but keeping them to yourself..now i don't hold anything back from him..on the contrary i tell him everything..he is the one to tell me NOTHING absolutely nothing about his feelings..so yes i am worrying about many things..

ok is there anyway this queen might be him? interesting.

I feel that there may be minor embarrassments in your relationship with this man. It may be connected with the first three cards - do you feel silly expressing your true feelings to him? I also, like PR see the 'ace' as a token of love (as well as the home), so I detect that it is something that is very close and dear to you. But whatever embarrassment or scandal this is, true love will win through, I feel - ending with the 'Ten of Hearts'.
Just looking at the first set - focusing on secrecy. Is there something scandalous in your past that you want to be open with this man about? Something you want to get off of your chest? Something you think he might not approve of? The last card tells me that if he loves you, he will not mind.

I express everything every little bit of silly thing to him..but..yes i do feel emberassed of some things..but not very scandalous..i worry about some talks which happened a week ago.. i dont even know if he is feeling love or anything..he is so withdrawn..i am not sure about this trio!

Finally, looking at this set of cards, I would alert you to troubles that may be in the near future. Caution! This card is also connected to pregnancy, so I do not need to remind you about those kind of cautions and precautions.

'The Queen' looks at you, so I feel that this man is sensitive to your needs (hearts). But in everyday basics, mistakes can be made, so make sure you do take precautions; especially physically.

I am involved with this person physically-i love him too but you know what is apparent is the physical aspect..i thought about that too..and interestingly for the first time in 2 years i have warned him about how we should be very careful..-though there was nothing -no reason to remind of him that-not to worry..but i said it anway.

thank youuu

:love:
xx

Joermit

Hello, again!

Great job, PR.. it's always very interesting to see how other ppl get different information out of the same medium... and in reviewing both readings there are definitely some similarities... which is really cool... it's like PR said.. the card are so multidimensional that there are many ways to look at a trio of cards... could be multiple meanings hidden within them... I just popped on here quickly to check any PMs... gotta go now... I'll be back later to review everything and contribute to the other posts... take care, all..

Joey

Little Baron

Joermit said:
I'll be back later to review everything and contribute to the other posts... take care, all..

Joey

Look forward to it.

I have now finished initial notes on all suits, and feeling very proud of myself :)

They are all in the oracle section.

I am yet to work on the courts. I was hoping that you guys could assist me with that endeavour as I am not completely sure about their characteristics. Am I right in thinking that smilar personalities can be assigned as in tarot - obviously the same kind of hierarchy. But I was wondering about elements and what they are associated with.

Pentacles - Diamonds?
Wands - Clubs?
Cups - Hearts?
Swords - Spades?

Or is it even necessary because unlike tarot, these meanings I have used do not appear at first glance to be as closely connected as the minors in tarot.

So would we associate spades with air and the mind?

Hearts with emotions?

That is kind of what I am asking?

I need a little more than the 'lighthaired girl with blue eyes' description.

LB

Phoenix Rising

HI LB

I would look at the PC's as having a totally sepearate entity to tarot. There are also varied theories on the suit correlations in the method. PC's are flexible and multi-dimensional. The natural order of the suits to some is
Heart
club
Diamond
spade
Always follow nature..seasons...water, air, earth and fire.

Be back later to comment

PR