Playing Cards~ Reading and Discussion

Little Baron

So here, Spades are fire?

Of course, I don't need to assign them to an element.

I just don't have much of a feel for the suits or the courts at the moment. They feel kind of empty. I just have many individual cards that I am getting to know but that do not seem to hold together in any way.

Look forward to hearing more from you PR. And thanks for all your help.

LB

Phoenix Rising

Ok...I will guarantee that once you understand reading trio's with court cards present, 80% of reading this technique will be easy, so I will go through step by step, with court cards in different positions.

Court card in position 1
Q:club: 2:diamond: (secrets) 8:club: (frustrations)
Cards to the right of a court card, is the feeling or actions of that court card cards 2 & 3, therefore, the Q:club: is feeling secretly frustrated.
Remember that you or querent is always on the left, so if a court card is in positon 1..this could indicate yourself, if the court card fits your description. Most of the time it is someone else..but you will get to know after a while which.

Court card in position 2
5:heart: K:spade: 3:spade:
The card in position 1 5:heart: is the message shared between you and the King(position 2) (because you are always on the left) Card 3 is the thoughts and actions of the King(because it is to the right of and is behind him)
This trio, would be something like, and exchange of gift or pleasant conversations between you and the King, it will be unexpected..Therefore the King may show up unexpectedly, or you may bump into him while shopping, or any other normal daily routine.

Court card in position 3
A:club: 9:club: J:diamond:
Ok cards 1 & 2 are the messages shared between you and the Jack. You may receive or invite the Jack of diamonds to a party(9cl) remember 9cl is "indulgence" having a good time dinner, drinks...at it's worst "addictions" So there will be some form of communication to do with an indulgence in connection with J:diamond:

No court card present in trio:
9:diamond: 8:heart: 6:spade:
This just represents what is in the air regarding you only, so it is your thoughts, actions, feelings, or anything general concerning you.
There are indecisions at the moment, which you haven't made up your mind whether or not you will go to the gathering or party. You are feeling rather cautious about it..it could also be a warning if you are to go. Might get too drunk and sleep with Joey the fat kid who sits behind you...nah just kidding, but do you get the picture??

So have I made myself clear enough? It becomes very easy, after a while.

The heart characteristic for court cards are simillar to cups suit's
Caring, sensitive, artistic, creative, nurturing, romantic, nurturing, emotional.

Club court characteristics would probably be simillar to wand..airy fairy.
Active, thinkers, efficient, reliable, sporty, dreamers, inventors, sociable, the club suits is one of my favourite, they're not really lazy..like heart ones can be.

Diamond court characteristics would be simillar to pentacles
They are the materialistic, egotistic, career orientated, probably more selfish than the others, they need a secure home environment and need to be more in control of their surroundings. Unemotional but doesn't necessarily mean they have got it all together, can be insecure deep down.

Spade court characteristics..simillar to swords
These courts have had a very bad reputation over the years. I actually like these ones, they just invoke a feeling in you, when you see it. They are straight talkers, they are blunt, intellectual, logical. If you notice all the spade courts and the Jack of clubs, are the only ones that face to the right. These ones have only the focus of the future and do not dwell on past events. They also focus on other things rather than anybody else, that's why they are not looking at you..(to the left) They can be aloof too.

Now there is only one way you can really get to know the cards well, and that is to do daily draws every day. You will see the court people and you will be able to identify with the characteristic and no who's who.

My son is J spade, my middle boy is J club and my daughter is J heart. My friend and sister is Q club. My ex and father is K spade, my mother varies between Q heart and Q spade. I fluctuate between Q heart and Q club, depending on my mood. My colouring however would be that of the Q club.

I think we should do a thread for our 3 card daily draws..then we can see it manifesting that day and be able to comment on it that night, it is far easier that way, and then we can tackle the big readings a bit later.

cheers

PR

Joermit

elements and such...

Well, when looking at the elements and associations to playing cards.... I've experiemented a bunch... I have settled with what's below...

clubs = fire = wands = spring (cardinal fire = aries)
hearts = water = cups = summer (cardinal water = cancer
spades = air = swords = fall/autumn (cardinal air = libra)
diamonds = earth = pentacles = winter (cardinal earth = capricorn)

clubs are about energy, will power, drive, goals, ambitions, etc
hearts are emotions, intuition, artistry, spirituality
spades are about ideas, thoughts, challenges, and restrictions
diamonds concern physical matters, security, values, practical things

this is similar to tarot, but I work with the elements a lot, especially dignities which follow below...

fire is hot and dry (club, black)
air is hot and wet (spade, black)
water is cold and wet (heart, red)
earth is cold and dry (diamond, red)

this is really cool as cards of the same color work really well together, thereby sorta giving them extra oomph in a reading, especially the doubling of a suit--basically it is well diginified... a red and black combination is more neutral or not as strong--ill dignified.... specifically those which are total opposites--water and fire, air and earth... if you like to work with reversals in tarot (I do not) you can use elemental dignities to determine how positive or negative/challenging to read a set of cards... and the dignities are very easily seen with pcs...

so... if you were to look at, say two cards, paired together (this is how I read when doing larger spreads, in pairs, not trios...lol) you can see which pairs are strong, which are neutral, and which are weaker...

so basically

pairs with double suits = both have the hot aspect and the moisture aspect the same...

fire/fire, water/water, earth/earth, air/air = strong combo, extra zip with
those 2 cards, something to be paid attentention to in a spread (this is how I figure the "major influences" as opposed to have trumps)

pairs with one thing in common, be it both dry, wet, cold, or hot

fire/air, water/earth, fire/earth, air/water = sympatico energy... not so much oomph, but flow well together, sorta like a conjunction in astrology

pairs with nothing in common

fire/water, air/earth = not a good mix, don't get along, not as strong, adds some stress to the mix, like an opposition or square in astrology...

and this is so easy to see... hearts and diamonds get along ok... clubs and spades do too... a red with a black isn't always a good match...

when looking at the big picture of a spread, it's cool to see in which positions fall the stronger working, more compatible energies... helps to see so much and add lots of depth....

I studied elemental dignities with tarot but didn't use em much... I do with pcs... not all the time... but when really looking for depth, I do... it's very interesting...

I hope this hasn't been a confusing post... lol.. .just thought I'd share this... dunno if anyone else uses this...

thanks...

Joey

Phoenix Rising

Hi Joey

Loved your take on elemental combinations of cards..I think too when we get deeper into looking at the associations, we can add alot more to the readings, instead of just it's predictive nature..and a whole new dimension opens up...being that they are multi-dimensional. This may also answer our question in one of our previous threads "The spiritual side of playing cards"

Gosh I could just ramble and ramble on about our PC's as you know..I'm glad that we have a few more participants, it just makes our learning alot easier, someone to share with.

I haven't looked at this side of it too deeply. Only when I was assigning each week to a card, which is another thread all together, in which it had astrological correspondences. The problem is that there are different theories on the suit and element...So the easiest way I could come up with it, is the season and the zodiac it starts in. Then there is Northern and Southern Hemisphere differences..it's just the opposite of the other hemisphere. Remember that the PC's are the reflection of our environment and solar system..so it is always right...Nature that is.
In Southern Hemisphere
Winter starts in the constellation of Cancer because cancer is a water sign, then that would make it hearts. In the Northern Hemisphere Summer is in the sign of cancer, so the hearts would represent summer on that side.

Following Winter is spring, in Southern it is in the constellation of Libra, libra is an air sign, and in the North it would be autumn in libra..so what ever you assign your air suit, in my case it is clubs..the moving suit..

Following spring in the southern it is Summer in the constellation of Capricorn a Earth sign..in the North, you would be in Winter. Therefore diamonds represent Earth..so we would have diamonds as summer in South and Winter in the North.

And last of all, the fire sign of Aries representing Autumn in the Sth and Spring in the North..and this is where in my case the spade comes into it. We must forget that Swords of tarot and spade are the same..we are not dealing with tarot we are dealing with PC's our own separate entity.

It is only through research and studying another method totally separate using the cards as a way of tracking the astrological cycles. A grandmaster in the late 1800's was approached by a secret sect called the "Order of the Magi" that gave the natural order of the playing cards..Heart, club, diamond and spade. This sect was said to have survived and come out of Atlantis before the great deluge. This grandmaster Richmond Olney also told that the ACE of SPADE was their symbol..representing the unknown or mystery kept hidden..like a spade it digs deep. If you can see, in every pack of cards the Ace is the only ace and card that has an intricate design and the company name is always with this card, that is how it has always been. The Ace of spade was also a form of Tax duty in the 1700's..the deck has survived throughout and is unchanged, even the direction the courts face. Only when defaces the cards, or makes them mini or jumble that it loses it's mystical potency. Card manufacturers have said that decks that have changed putting celebrities on the court cards..don't last very long in the market..people will always buy the original design or decks..I prefer to use "Stratus" by cartamundi or "Bicycle" they hold the original design.

But just bear in mind that....that what I say or another who have theories doesn't make it right..at the end of the day..what you assign to your cards, is the most important..only because you have programmed your sub-conscious with your conscious thought and of course it will respond to that. Love the flexible nature of the cards.

cheers

PR

Little Baron

Phoenix Rising said:
I think we should do a thread for our 3 card daily draws..then we can see it manifesting that day and be able to comment on it that night, it is far easier that way, and then we can tackle the big readings a bit later.

Already started one :D

Feel free to join in.

Thanks so much for the examples PR. They really made a lot of sense. I was getting in a pickle before but think I have got the idea now.

Cheers

LB

Mystic Leo

Phoenix Rising said:
If you notice all the spade courts and the Jack of clubs, are the only ones that face to the right. These ones have only the focus of the future and do not dwell on past events. They also focus on other things rather than anybody else, that's why they are not looking at you..(to the left) They can be aloof too.
PR

Would you believe out of 5 packs of cards in the house I picked one that was a little older looking than the others,so I could write on them, and it is the only pack, where the courts that are facing the future are King of spades, Queen of clubs and diamonds, Jack of hearts and diamonds.

Do you think I should abandon them and go onto another pack....do you think it maybe confusing when I change over, or differ from readings when doing them on AT? Or does it not make any difference at all?

Phoenix Rising

Mystic Leo said:
Would you believe out of 5 packs of cards in the house I picked one that was a little older looking than the others,so I could write on them, and it is the only pack, where the courts that are facing the future are King of spades, Queen of clubs and diamonds, Jack of hearts and diamonds.

Do you think I should abandon them and go onto another pack....do you think it maybe confusing when I change over, or differ from readings when doing them on AT? Or does it not make any difference at all?

Really Mystic Leo...they are looking right..crikey..didn't realise there were packs made like that. If you want to use them you can, as the rule will still apply, is there only 4 cards though? that face right?

Mystic Leo

Strange hey! No thats 5 cards, I'll continue using them then...Thanks for that Phoenix Rising!

Phoenix Rising

What is the deck? who is the card manufacturer? I'd be interested to know. If they are no longer in print then you'll know that it wasn't an original design, because they don't seem to last long.

But it would be interesting reading all the same.

Mystic Leo

Actually I dont know the deck or the manufacturer, though thinking about it we have come to the conclusion, that it isn't an original pack, but one that has come from a game, some years ago. Thats what we think anyway!

There quite old looking with picture of ships on the back, the thing is they feel really good, comfortably, lovely to shuffle.