Witch in The Family Spread

Emms

Hi
I am having some problem developing a spread for a question a client has asked, I'd apprieciate any suggestions.
The question is : Is there or has there ever been any witches in my family?

Any ideas would be greatly recieved!!

HudsonGray

The hard part will be not phrasing it as a loaded question. You'd have to decide on what the definition of a 'witch' is also. Not everyone pagan is a witch, and not all witches practice magic. If it's narrowed down too far, you could get a definition that technically would cover farm wives or flower power hippies in the 1960's, LOL.

A spread that looks at the mom's side of the family as separate from the dad's side would make sense. Maybe a focus on non-christian spirituality?

It's a toughie.

Judy Z

Witches in the Family Spread

1. Are there currently any witches in the family (besides the readee if the readee is one)?
1. a. (Optional) If yes, who might that person be? Either pull a card that will give you a clue if the first card didn't or pull a card for each likely family member to see if it is positive or negative.
2. Have there been any witches in the family in the past?

If the answer is no, then that would probably be the end of the reading. If yes, then here are some questions for getting more information.

3. Maternal side of the family?
4. Paternal side of the family?
5. Timeline: You can lay out a card for each generation for as far back as you want to go. If you determine that one of your maternal great-great-grandparents was a witch then you can narrow it down to which person in that generation. Draw a family tree and place a card in each person's place.

You can lay out cards for for specific individuals whom you know about. You can lay out cards for different time periods and places.

I usually use reversals as straight no's for these types of elimination questions. Look at the upright cards for 'witchier' looking cards. The High Priestess and the queen cards would fall into that category for me. The kings would be good to symbolize the men who were witches. You might think about it beforehand which cards you think of as 'witchy' and charge the cards with those thoughts.

I hope this helps.

Sincerely,
Judy Z

Emms

Many thanks I will give that a try....very frustrating these sort of questions!
Many thanks

Dreth

another way to look at this question may not be with tarot cards, but ewith a family geniology(please excuse me if thats spelled wrong). this may help her find out about her family as well as finding a witch in her blood line. this can be a chalange but fun at the same time. i hope this helps you.

Piper

I myself would love to know if there were any past witches in my family, but my father's side are all highly Catholic, though there could be something there, since my paternal grandmother definitely had some sort of Second Sight, or precognitive abilities though she denied it.
On my maternal side, they changed the spelling of the last name, so there's no way of going past my grandfather.

Dreth

see my family use to be royalty in sapin. mind you it was low royalty. but from there it was necessary to keep a geneology. then when my family got in valved in the conquering of the "new world" and finly settled in america. so i have a large and unique family ancestory. this is just from my dads side. my moms side too has never kept any record of their ancestory other them memories.

Emms

Thank you all for your great thoughts & replies....
I'll suggest the geneology route too!

Joy

Off topic - Any good website/forum for witches?

I'm a seasoned tarotist of many years who recently started an interest in witchcraft. Any recommendations for a good website/forum like Aeclectic is for witchcraft, magick or spellwork?

cybercat

Try Mysticwicks.com it is the big pagan forum