New Swedish Witch

WolfSpirit

Look what I found here while browsing.
So apparently the English version of what AT calls the Swedish Witch is going to be Jolanda Tarot and it comes with lavender borders, it has the English titles at the bottom and titles in other languages on the left.
Well this is the first time I've seen it, I guess it will be available soon.

MysticalMoose

I like those scans.... Would be interested to see more! Love that Ace Of Swords. :)

WolfSpirit

Hi MysticalMoose, you can see more of the cards here:

http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/swedish-witch/

This is the Swedish version, it is now coming out with English titles and different colour borders but it is the same deck. The deck used to be hard to find outside Sweden, the English one will be more easily available :)

Eco74

I love that they went with the one large dragonfly for the back instead of the four small ones like on the swedish second edition.

Sulis

I really like the lavender borders and I'm glad they decided to go with the back design from the first edition too.

I love my Swedish Witch deck but I don't think I'll ever be able to read with it, although I think that's because it's Thoth based. I wonder if the book will be translated into English to go with this new English version.

Dwaas

And then trimmed back to elegant small lavender borders... This deck is a must have!

Nina*

Strange... I think my backs have two dragonflies?!?

gregory

It's excellent - I have both, and while I prefer the slightly more restrained original - for some reason the new one shows more of each image. I love it. The LWB isn't bad, either.

(The Swedish witch deck's real name was Jolanda den Tredjes, by the way :D)

gregory

Nina* said:
Strange... I think my backs have two dragonflies?!?
Mine have but one :D A BIG one !

Nina*

gregory said:
Mine have but one :D A BIG one !
Just checked; both my copies have two dragonflies on their backs.. one that turns up and one down.