New Swedish Witch

Nina*

No... mine are more blue. Light blue but definitely more blue than that link.

Eco74

I know of two editions of the Swedish Witch (aside from the AGM one).

The first has the one large dragonfly on the back and a light grey border.
The second has the two dragonflies on the back (making it reversible since it looks the same from both ends) and the blue border.

And now, this third from AGM has the lavender border and the one dragonfly on the back, so there are effectively three versions.

I also hope that the book will be translated since it holds a lot of cool little tidbits.

Nina*

Thank you, Eco... that explains it.

MysticalMoose

Thanks for the link to the other scans Wolfspirit :) Ive never seen this deck before but it looks lovely, another for the wish list I think.....this forum is so bad for my bank balance....I am not very good at restraint :eek:

BodhiSeed

I just ordered my copy from Tarot Chest in the UK. It was only 17.49 pounds ($35.44) which included shipping to the U.S. I thought that very reasonable! Now if I can just be patient until it gets here.

felicityk

I got mine from Tarot Chest as well. I had been interested in this deck, but never went to the trouble to track it down when it was harder to find. I'm glad it's getting a new printing.

Felicity

Cerulean

Wow, thanks for the news...

...and I see that AG Mueller had another title I didn't know about...something about 'spirit photographs' and tarot...Tarot Chest is updated with items in stock better than the AG Mueller site (although I didn't download the catalogue of AG Mueller's offerings yet...perhaps the Swedish Witch will be listed there.)

Thanks!

Cerulean

fyreflye

Well, my new Jolanda arrived in the mail today, so you can't say Tarot Chest isn't prompt to ship or UK air mail to the US isn't cheap.
I am a bit disappointed, though. I knew I wouldn't like the purple borders but I didn't realize the deck would be so crudely recolored from the original. Much of the charm of the Jolanda den Tredjes was its muted coloring and unassuming size. This deck is larger (mostly from the fat borders,) the keywords are gone and the coloring tends toward the garish. Maybe I'll get used to it in time. Those unfamiliar with the original may like it just fine.

WolfSpirit

Oh thanks for that fyreflye, I was going to get a new copy as well but now I am not so sure. I am glad I still have an old one with the grey borders. I never really liked the grey borders, but now I like it more than the re-coloured borders (not the purple and not the blue). I like the colours of the box (at least I think that is the box) with the yellow and orange.
I always thought the deck would look great with soft yellow borders...or no borders at all, and bigger pictures.

serenaserendipity

!

Oh I am so excited about this!
I am half Swedish witch myself
and have a dear friend who is 100% the real thing!

Thanks for your post!

Sincerement...