10 Pentacles between two 5's

mysticangel_001

In a reading regarding the near future for a couple I pulled two 5's with the 10 Pentacles between the two of them. How do those two 5's affect the 10?

rwcarter

5s are generally about strife, loss or discord, so I would think they would be pulling against (delaying or blocking) the completion of the 10P.

mysticangel_001

That is what I was thinking, too, but also wondering if the 10 could possibly refer to friends and family having an influence on the couple experiencing those two 5's? Like if there are problems already and friends and family give their 'opinion' would it strengthen the affect of the two 5's (make them worse)?

rwcarter

I was looking at the 10 as the central card with the 5s affecting the 10. Interestingly enough as I'm typing this "Fairytales" by Anita Baker is playing in the background. That gave me a completely different insight on this trio - a fairytale belief about a situation that bolsters the imbalance of the two 5s.

I don't think I would see the 10 as being the effect of family/friends on a particular situation unless it was 10s flanking a 5. But YMMV of course.

mysticangel_001

hmmm, that is an interesting take on the cards and I can see that working.
Thanks Rodney

mysticangel_001

Just had another thought, put a mathmatical twist on this...the happiness and perfection of the 10 is divided by strife and loss of the two 5's.

Eh, maybe not. LOL

rwcarter

I like math, so that makes sense to me! :laugh: I don't use math in all my readings, but when something jumps out at me, I will. I started to go down that path here, but went down another path instead.

On the flip side, the message could be that the strife in the two 5s needs to be experienced before the completion of the 10 can be achieved.

Rodney

mysticangel_001

oooooh, good one!

pasara

I don't know which 5s, but it could also be that the 5s represent the couple individually, and the 10 is when they come together. The whole is more than the sum of its parts kind of thing. In other words, they are both better people and/or better off together than on their own. The relationship gives them strength, purpose and happiness that they otherwise do/did not experience.

rwcarter

I like that pasara!