2 Of Pentacles really wants my attention!

Glastonbury Ed

I did a reading last week about a relationship situation where every card in the spread was amazingly clear to me, apart from 2 Of Pentacles in the "short term future" position which wasn't too obvious to me at the time.

After some research (including an insight I read on this forum) I thought I'd sussed it.

However this weekend on two occasions a card popped from the deck whilst I was shuffling and both times it was the 2 of Pentacles.

It's pretty clear there is something it is trying to tell me!

In addition to studying the card and reading about it I would really like to give the card the attention is requires and garner as many different opinions and insights in to its meaning as I ca.

So over to you if you would be so kind!

Starling

In the RWS the figure on the card is juggling two things. He isn't chosing between them and he isn't trying to do both at the same time. They are taking turns and frankly as hard as it looks, the juggling is working out. He is in a kind of balance, but it isn't obvious how long that balance will last. There are also ships in the distance going up and down large waves.

So the question is what are you juggling? What are you trying to give equal amounts of energy to? Are you trying to do both of them at the same time? Are they taking turns with your energy? How long can you keep them up? And are you OK with the situation as it is now?

starrystarrynight

Well, twos are about duality, harmony, partnership, and pentacles are about security or stability on the physical plane, so together the Two of Pentacles sometimes means taking care of the physical needs of a partnership or relationship--making the union more important than each of the individuals...even if that means putting the individual's needs aside momentarily for the strength of the union...especially in a relationship reading.

Glastonbury Ed

A very interesting response (both of you), thank you.

I am in the process of working out how best to handle the conflict between the love of friendship and romantic love for a person. Given that i don't think the romantic love will ever be reciprocated, I will need very soon to take action to provent the friendship being damaged.

I literally cannot continue to juggle the two emotions anymore.

Starling

It is interesting because I haven't read the cards for anyone but me for a very long time. But when I did, I asked those kinds of questions, and people seemed to have the answers to them just as you did. That was my reading style when I worked with other people. It is also my reading style when I'm working with me.

There is a conversation going on in another thread about "Can anyone read the cards?" My answer was yes, anyone can learn if they want to learn. But I think the psychics among us would have answered those questions for you, while I can only ask them. <grin>

ofbainbridge

"I did a reading last week about a relationship situation where every card in the spread was amazingly clear to me, apart from 2 Of Pentacles in the "short term future" position which wasn't too obvious to me at the time."

2 of Pents in the "short term future"
Would indicate some sort of decision making process will be going on in the near future. There will come a time of choosing something about the relationship in question. Will those involved stay with it? Will they go? Will it be platonic or romantic...The card being a Pentacle indicates the physical nature of the question and whether the card was upright or reversed indicates the perception of how those involved will deal with the choosing...

Starling

ofbainbridge said:
"I did a reading last week about a relationship situation where every card in the spread was amazingly clear to me, apart from 2 Of Pentacles in the "short term future" position which wasn't too obvious to me at the time."

2 of Pents in the "short term future"
Would indicate some sort of decision making process will be going on in the near future. There will come a time of choosing something about the relationship in question. Will those involved stay with it? Will they go? Will it be platonic or romantic...The card being a Pentacle indicates the physical nature of the question and whether the card was upright or reversed indicates the perception of how those involved will deal with the choosing...

I would also have said that in the short term, you would be juggling a couple of different things in the situation. Depending on what the long term future card is, there might be a decision or there might not. It might just all work itself out, or someone might have to make a decision.

Glastonbury Ed

Here is the reading in full, I would appreciate your thoughts on the card in context then, if you are so inclined. The question was "should I suffer cutting X out of my life for a period of time until I can accept just friendship":

1) Current situation: The Fool.

2) Issues arising: 3 of Swords.

3) Heart of the matter: The Hermit.

4) Short term future: 2 of Pentacles.

5) Long term future: 2 of Cups.

It will kill me to not see this person but I am resigned that it might be the best thing to do to straighten my feelings out, and accept what she is willing to give.

balenciaga

I understand you are posting the reading to provide for context of the 2 of P, but you will get better imput if you post the reading with your comments to Readings - then everyone will jump in and help you make sense of it. You will learn a lot about the card this way.:)

Glastonbury Ed

Thanks for the tip, I'll do that now. Cheers.