2 small predictions came true

Demon Goddess

shadowmon said:
i know im just throwing thoughts out there, and again, like i said, i understand nothing is carved in stone, i truely beleive that there is 1 main road with many sideroads, but im saying somehow we always get back on the main even with all the detours...also about knowing what is comming, yes i knew what was comming, i did try and prevent what happend from happening, but i couldnt prevent it because of certain things that happen along the way, so from my own experience, i can see this thing comming a mile away but i still couldnt change the outcome no matter how hard i tired, maybe its only me..

You didn't try hard enough. :)

There are certainly things in life that we don't have quite enough control over, granted, but watch this...

You couldn't change what happened... BUT... you changed how you felt, thought, etc. about it once it did happen, right? Ergo, you changed the outcome... I wonder, if you hadn't been expecting this outcome... how would you have reacted?

Cactus

shadowmon said:
lol you still dont see what im getting at, of course we all have choices we can make to change ourselves and whatever else we can...what im trying to say is, how do you know this wasnt prewritten somewhere for you as a life path? what if all those changes you made were also writtenout for you to follow..the thing is, you may think ok i have choices and i can change, of course you can, but theres no way to prove that you had every change done because YOU wanted to, it could have all been worked into your life because of further soul growth, who knows..i could be completly wrong or right, you could be right or wrong also..im just saying, from what ive experienced from other readings, it really sets my mind off because i was told about things that would happen from a pro reader and everything she said has come true almost in a scary way, so now the question for me again remains, how come i couldnt avoid all the things she said even tho she told me?

Now, see, I agree with that. And I also understand the viewpoint that we do have freewill and we think we are changing course because WE decided to do it.

I've always wondered if it really IS our free will or if a particular decision was agreed upon before we were born. I always go back and forth. I wonder constantly if every single thing was planned out.

I have read many times, though, that sometimes we as humans renege on our soul's agreement and when that happens, the person spends more time after they die assessing where they went wrong and what needs to be done to rectify the deviation from the original plan.

I've even read that some souls who as humans somehow broke through their soul's "plan" and reneged, can actually decline to come back for another life - and be stubborn.

I really don't know what to believe but I do keep an open mind about everything. I always remember each POSSIBILITY, and make sure not to totally put my faith in ONE way or another. Because you will always read about yet another view on what really happens before you're born.

Eddie

Some things you are not meant to prevent. Life is a learning curve and if you think that being able to read cards means you can short cut theses lessons, forget it!!

Cards, mediums etc can guide you through the difficult bits, if you really, really listen to what they have to say. I say this because some people don't want to listen, for they are hearing what they'd rather not hear. All relationships are worth while, even the bad ones, all lives experiences are worth while, even the difficult ones they carry a lesson for us, its why we are here. To grow and develop as decent human beings, this means we have to learn from each other, even if the lessons are hard and difficult.
This is life!
Eddie:heart:

memries

You are entering into a searching, seeking period in your life shadowmon.

It is a Theological question ... predestination or free will. Very many people do believe in predestination as well as the multitude who believe in free will.
You are questioning those premises and that is good for you are thinking for yourself. Just keep searching and come to your own conclusions.

It is a lifelong search for answers that you can accept and live by.

shadowmon

memries said:
You are entering into a searching, seeking period in your life shadowmon.

It is a Theological question ... predestination or free will. Very many people do believe in predestination as well as the multitude who believe in free will.
You are questioning those premises and that is good for you are thinking for yourself. Just keep searching and come to your own conclusions.

It is a lifelong search for answers that you can accept and live by.

well im just saying is that, yes from everything ive noticed/things that have happend to me, readings that have been done for me... i am a very open minded person so dont think im only 1 sided on this, but im going to side more with what i said, i honestly think there is a path that we must remain on with many detours but we always get sent back into the "main" road... thus leaves the question... my conclusion is that there is both free will and predetermined but again, we may think we have free will but how much of it do we really controll, we will never know i guess

Demon Goddess

shadowmon said:
well im just saying is that, yes from everything ive noticed/things that have happend to me, readings that have been done for me... i am a very open minded person so dont think im only 1 sided on this, but im going to side more with what i said, i honestly think there is a path that we must remain on with many detours but we always get sent back into the "main" road... thus leaves the question... my conclusion is that there is both free will and predetermined but again, we may think we have free will but how much of it do we really controll, we will never know i guess

Read A Course in Miracles... and it won't matter. :)

One of the things I've been struggling with lately is having been given a particular goal in my life... how do I go about attaining it without destroying or leaving behind everything I've built and created and love... And that is an answer that only I can come to grips with in order to do anything with it.

But one thing I got from theology so far that really makes sense...

you'll know when you know. ;)

Enjoy the journey... while you're on it it's far more interesting than the goal.

memries

I certainly cannot say I disagree with you Shadowmon. I might interpet it a little differently but certainly at some times in our life it seems as if we just have to reach a certain crossroad.

On the other hand if it were all predestined we would be like robots with no choice and I do not believe that.

I think Tarot does help to unfold certain things in our life and give us the ability to think more about certain steps we might or might not take.

I have also met Readers who did foretell the future very accurately.
I cannot claim to have done that myself because I am a very common sense person but even I have at times known things that will come about due to dreams or flights of mind.

I know for a fact, in my mind anyway, that some of my friends do hear Spirits and are Mediums. I am not one but I do not doubt they are for a moment.

re-pete-a

Well you could have packed up your bags an left the place or stayed at home or found a new girl or became a what ever,You have free will , but it takes an extra effort to change the momentum of what you already set in motion.
________
Ffm sisters

GenoviaJ

Shadowman, what I think you are contemplating is the difference between "destiny" and "fate"- what is the difference between the two? I believe things are predestined, and things are "fated" to happen- that is the bottom line. These things happen along our journey in order to help us grow, learn, evolve and develop on a soul level. If there was no pattern to life, it things were strictly by choice and what we choose, we could not have the tarot, which is based on patterns of growth, understanding, and obstacles, or normal choices that present themselves in life. There is no way that everyone is "free willing" these patterns as we go- we do not intentionally will every step or development of an embryo growing in a womb- the growth process, the survival process of a embryo is what is "intended" in that process. There are things and choices that can hinder and interfere with that, but the "intent" is for survival and growth. Destiny, and Fate can then play a role- as well as choices. Like someone mentioned earlier the self-mastery comes, when we relinquish the things that are beyond our control and focus on doing the best with what is in our control.

Of the two situations you discussed, your choices in how to handle these situations impacted the lives of the other people involved, and this is what we must all realize, our personal power to change the experiences of others as well as ourselves, and life our lives in such a way that we make a positive impact and promote positive growth, by brining positive energy into our day to day lives. It does not take much, all it takes is "awareness" of our personal power to affect change.

serenaserendipity

hello everyone--

first of all,
let me just say, i don't believe in fortune telling. any fortune someone gives you is just one of many possibilities of what MIGHT happen... if you think back and reflect upon your life, you will notice many times when your life changed course, a certain moment of serendipity, either positive or negative, that completely changed the course of your life.

we are all only living the one life we have now in the present, and yet all the other lives we could've lived-- by free will and choice or by random chance or the collision of the two combined with everyone else's situations and paths-- are possibilities that exist outside our place in time and space-- and physicists are now debating the possibility that there ARE parallel universes- so that whatever COULD'VE happened, may have happened-- in a parallel universe--

personally i believe predestiny is just ONE POSSIBILITY, perhaps it is like the gifts you are born with-- you could be born with a gift for music or elocution but never be given a chance to develop it--

or you could stubbornly cling to some sense of self-righteousness (in a spiritual preserving kind of way)... and seek out opportunities-- for example, a homeless youth learning blues guitar from an old homeless man!

combining astrology and tarot you can get a pretty clear picture of what is happening in someone's life-- the astrology points to the likely possibility of their character and the kinds of tensions they are working with coming into this world-- tarot paints a picture of where they are IN THIS MOMENT IN TIME... and the likely possibility of what will happen, intersecting with others, into the near future

but far future "fortunetelling" readings are near impossible because there is so much free will and random chance involved

if the tarot reader predicted you and your girlfriend's reunion, then she was simply picking up energies that were present below the surface and translating them to the likely reality-- but it might NOT be what happened, if something random had happened to disrupt it-- or if you had chosen to rebel from it yourself--

that's what i believe good tarot readers do-- they assess and reflect where a person (the querent) is in time and space, and what business their soul is making in the universe at that point in time, and what energy is blocking or assisting them--

but what ACTUALLY happens, is up to the free will of the person, the energy of the situation, and a combination of random chance and the energies of the people involved and all of their free will working in collusion or conflict--

though i have never watched the movie the "matrix" i do think we are co-existing on a matrix of energy that can be tapped into and accessed by both artists and politicians and also by tarot readers and other spiritual guides... and people's opinions, thoughts and feelings make up clouds or colors that are easily detectable by highly sensitive intuits--

who then translate it through the medium of the tarot cards (which functions like an alphabet of concepts, in my opinion, spelling out the situation as it stands... but NOT WHAT YOU DO WITH IT)

your free will is sacred...
to suggest that things are predestined TO THE EXCLUSION of free will is ludicrous in my opinion

free will is the sacred thing that humans have, in addition to creativity-- it is what we do with it that counts

we are navigating our paths in lives. free will is what course we choose. tarot is a map or compass that guides us, depending on how we choose to use it.

sincerely,

serenaserendipity