2010: how is it going to be for you?

firefrost

firefrost said:
I'm not committing to anything, I'm just going to continue to run my monthly Lenormand circle and that's it.

I'm just going to enjoy my decks that I love, and I can do all the studying I want in my favourite fun threads.

Happy days! ;)

Well, I continue to enjoy myself in my fun threads. I didn't keep up with the Lenormand, I think a couple of different members have run it since I decided it wasn't for me.

Next year - who knows?

Cocobird55

Read more of the books that I already have, and use more of my decks. I have been using the Victorian Romantic for several years now, and it's time for something new.

I want to work with the Legacy of the Divine -- the images resonate with me. I plan to do a daily card draw with this deck beginning January 1.

==================================
I actually did that. I went through quite a few decks this year, using them exclusively for a few months. Legacy of the Divine, Silver Era, Anna K, Deirdre of the Sorrows ... for the last month I've been working with the Tarot of Prague. I am doing an IDS with it, and I'm getting a lot out of it. I used it for reading for someone else in the Circle of Stones. I'm waiting for feedback, but I'm happy with my reading. It's been a good year.

yirabeth

yirabeth said:
Well, I'm of limited funding, so I won't be buying decks like crazy..I'll read the threads and live vicariously through you (And others like you) though! So much beauty packed on to little cards...

For myself, I've started an IDS with the love of my life, the Gilded Tarot. I hope by this time next year I can read more in the style I want. I'm also going to buy the Shadowscapes tarot...that one calls to me, much as my Gilded did when I purchased it...I'm withholding judgment right now, but it may be a very important deck to me.

That's my only planned expenditure. Just learn learn learn, that's my motto for 2010. Interesting that I'm a student also...lots of learning in my life :)

~Yira

Wow, I went to read what others had planned and found my own posting here! Didn't know I'd done that...LOL

So then! Well, this past year went much different than I thought in some aspects, others I had pegged. The Gilded and the Shadowscapes are indeed precious to me, although there's two other decks I use upon occasion. I like them, and read well with them, but they're not a part of my being :)

On the tarot-buying..well...errrm....LOL My boyfriend and I broke up, and as it was a LDR relationship, I no longer needed plane fares every time I turned around. So, I bought decks! It suited me...LOL I believe I have not actually spent the sum total of even ONE plane ticket on decks...(He lives in England lol)AND! I *didn't* buy decks for the first half of 2010..LOL Actually that makes it worse.. I acquired 60'ish decks in 6 months??! :confused: Ahh well. I'm a collector, and happy to be so :)

In other fronts, my life had a multitude of atom bombs dropped ALL over it so I didn't get as much learning as I had hoped. I had to quit IDS'ing, which really was a bummer. I was no longer able to make sure I read for someone besides me daily. I found it difficult to find time to read for ME! Those 'unnecessary' collection decks really came in handy, as I'd sit on the floor in front of my bookshelf and pick a deck at random and browse through it and think before I would fall into bed.

Still, I learned a LOT in this past year. I also learned I have so much more to learn. Sometimes I come across an old posting of mine and think, Wow, how naive... :) But that's good -- it's forward progress! And I learned how important tarot is to me. I look forward to many more years of tarot :)

~Yira