paradoxx

my take

The use of the mayan calander is quite accurate, it shows spikes and drops at times of social changes, but why should we be bound to just one interpretation?

i have heard 2007, 2012 and 2028 (that last one is interesting).

While I am sure that to most people the idea of total destruction is repugnant, there are those peope out there who are trying to bring forth this destruction simply because they feel it must be done.

Interesting theories include, a shift not only in conciousness, but in body and form, from physical existance to spiritual energy as a result of the end of the existence of time (if time can cease to exist that is). Or perhaps it is what people might think it could be, mass control of the population via technology and money with those who choose not to be a part of the process discarded. It could be a series of smaller destructive events (nukes, poisions, mass death via diseases) that shakes the word into realising that we can't keep letting power-hungry corporations rule us all into slavery.

Or perhaps, the mayan calander as it is written on the wall, a flat surface, should have been written on a pillar, where infinity and eternity meet and part.

rcb30872

The Dreamer said:
I really don't understand all of the fascination with doom and gloom endtime predictions. So many novels have been written about it, so many religious groups indulge in it, and so much of popular culture is enthralled with it.

If we really care about this stuff, it would help to get off of our a***s and do something about the bad stuff that goes on, rather than wishing it would all just be wiped away.
I found what you said quite interesting. I have only wrote about the various things that I have heard, not that I actually believe in it, especially about all this stuff about colonising another planet. Sure 7 years doesn't seem such a long time in the scheme of things, even though it does seem quite impossible to gain such insight and technology about space travel in the next 7 years, but I'm not saying it is entirely impossible. For all we know, they may be working on that now, and since it has not been publicised, who are we to say whether it can be done or not in 7 years??????????????

Considering that we are under threat by so many things, no wonder people think, are fascinated and believe in doomsday. Afterall, there is the possibility of an asteroid hitting us. There is earthquakes and volcanoes that seem to be coming more prevalent in the recent past. What about all this business with the middle east and the terroist attacks, and that there are biochemical weapons? There are plenty of other things that I can say about this, but as far as I am concerned that we are aware of them and it is a waste of time.

It is hard to do anything about it when there are people are out there who refuses to change their ways. There is such thing as greed, which certain people (not naming any) will do just about anything, and even to everyone else's detriment. What can you possibly do to prevent the earthquakes and volcanoes due to the movement of the tectonic plates? not a lot I would have thought, along with the asteroids and whatever else?

Bec

snowy25

Did anyone consider in the past there have been more dates the earth should have been destroied, ended etc.?
I've read so much about it I'm not scared of the end of the world to come any more.
I believe the dates will pass and there may be something of great impact in human sociaty but that it doesn't have to be a majur desastor.
After the dates have past we will come up with other scary dates in my opinion.

Just my own thoughts on this...

Snowy

rcb30872

Yeah Snowy25

I remember the interpretations from the Nostradames quatraines said that the end of the world was supposed to be 1999!!

We are still here!

But still, look at what happened to the dinosaurs, the very same thing could happen to us. Although I am not sure how the dinosaurs became extinct! Some say meteors, some say some sort of virus, I still don't know!!!!

Bec

Kaylee Marie

I think of 2012 as our point-of-no-return date. We either drastically change how we use (abuse) this planet -- or we perish.

The fact is that Gaia cannot support humanity's exponentially growing girth, and something needs to give. Whether that happens in 2007, 2012, 2028, tomorrow, or 100 years from now, the sh*t will eventually hit the fan.

rcb30872

Kaylee Marie said:
I think of 2012 as our point-of-no-return date. We either drastically change how we use (abuse) this planet -- or we perish.

The fact is that Gaia cannot support humanity's exponentially growing girth, and something needs to give. Whether that happens in 2007, 2012, 2028, tomorrow, or 100 years from now, the sh*t will eventually hit the fan.
Exactly, and the damage is done, there is little we can do about it now!!

Bec

rainwolf

21 september 2012 will actually= strength,8.

I think the world will just end on some random day, and not a predicted one. We will all be smited by that one LOL :D

joya250

Lillie said:
Winter solstice 2012.

And as a great man once said, Death is the next great adventure.

heh heh, actually Lillie, I believe that was Peter Pan. Don't know how he'd feel about being called a "great man" ;)

... Sorry to interject on your thread RainbowFire... I actually have some thoughts surrounding 2012 and its potentials... but would need to organize it before writing it here.

Terrerance McKenna's (sp?) book entitled (I believe) "The Mind, the I-Ching, and Hallucinagenics" (again, mis-spelled) has some pretty solid information on this, though a little difficult to understand as he gets into calculations, graphs, etc.

paradoxx

We can always suffer a solar wave, which could detonate underground lava channels, and then it all goes Boom!!!

Or it could be the day that falsetto ideaologies are debunked and deconstructed.

Lillie

joya250 said:
heh heh, actually Lillie, I believe that was Peter Pan. Don't know how he'd feel about being called a "great man" ;)

Really? Peter Pan too?
I was quoting Albus Dumbledore.