3 Majors in a 3 card reading?

WolfSwan

I decided to ask my guides what they could tell me about what's coming up for me in terms of romance. It's not a question I've asked my cards recently.

Using the Gilded Tarot, no reversals

Strength - This could indicate that I need to have patience, and tread lightly. That I need to have a gentle touch when it comes to love, and that I need to trust in the power of something greater than myself perhaps?

Sun - Things that were in the dark might be illuminated, or I should have an energy of joy or love. Either that or it could indicate Summer time, and being in a space of sunshine and happiness. It also has a lot of planetary alignment which makes me think that this could indicate trusting in a greater process to bring things into alignment.

Lovers - Could indicate a choice, or it could indicate that there is love flowing towards me and I need to be open to receiving it. This card in the Gilded deck is about communion, connection, being lifted up, being open to receiving, feeling love.

The quint is Strength (if my math is right) which doubles the need for patience? Any other interpretations? The base was the 3 of Pentacles - working together, things being perfected, something almost being ready to manifest.

Barleywine

Without analyzing it too closely, this looks very uplifting to me. All of the cards have a positive nature (Fire and Air) and a confident vibe to them (Sun and Mercury). The quint would be the Lovers (8 + 19 + 6 = 33 = 6), doubling the emphasis on the Lovers. Maybe that means you will get to see both sides of that card, the choice and the realization of love. The base card (which I seldom use in my own readings) is of an entirely different quality, more a workmanlike sobriety that brings things down to earth and could serve as a necessary drag on runaway euphoria. It seems to suggest looking at any "too-good-to-be-true" opportunities with a careful eye to the fine print.

WolfSwan

Without analyzing it too closely, this looks very uplifting to me. All of the cards have a positive nature (Fire and Air) and a confident vibe to them (Sun and Mercury). The quint would be the Lovers (8 + 19 + 6 = 33 = 6), doubling the emphasis on the Lovers. Maybe that means you will get to see both sides of that card, the choice and the realization of love. The base card (which I seldom use in my own readings) is of an entirely different quality, more a workmanlike sobriety that brings things down to earth and could serve as a necessary drag on runaway euphoria. It seems to suggest looking at any "too-good-to-be-true" opportunities with a careful eye to the fine print.

Haha, my maths is obviously very bad! Lol! Thank you for your response. I do feel like the cards are very uplifting. However, given they are all Majors this makes me think that it's all about large life energies than perhaps details of the here and now. These could all indicate energies at play on a bigger scale. I like the double up of the Lovers. In the Gilded deck the card seems more about love and communion than choices, but it also shows two sides of love - upliftment and restraint. So I can see choice there too. I see the 3 of Pentacles as a very down to earth card, and look at the pentacles sometimes as a sign of manifestation. 3 is a good number for it. I like the idea of looking at the fine print too, as the man in the 3 does appear to be examining the Pentacles he is working on. And this card HAS come up a number of times for me in readings!

Barleywine

The fact that they are all positive majors gives me a "cup runneth over" feeling. The energies may be exalted, but they still have to express themselves in this physical reality or there wouldn't be much point in using them; we could just use the courts and minor cards to look at mundane aspects of the situation. The all-majors spread gives the idea "Open wide, here it comes, ready or not!"

WolfSwan

The fact that they are all positive majors gives me a "cup runneth over" feeling. The energies may be exalted, but they still have to express themselves in this physical reality or there wouldn't be much point in using them; we could just use the courts and minor cards to look at mundane aspects of the situation. The all-majors spread gives the idea "Open wide, here it comes, ready or not!"

Haha! I sure hope you're right Barleywine! I think I'm ready ;)

Amanda

Just some quick thoughts for you before I bury myself in work. :D

I decided to ask my guides what they could tell me about what's coming up for me in terms of romance. It's not a question I've asked my cards recently.

Using the Gilded Tarot, no reversals

Love the question. I think Barleywine gave you an excellent interpretation, so mine is going to cater more to a female perspective, and your more 'advisory' flavor of interpretation actually follows upon my fortune-teller-y style quite nicely.

Strength - This could indicate that I need to have patience, and tread lightly. That I need to have a gentle touch when it comes to love, and that I need to trust in the power of something greater than myself perhaps?

As to /what is coming/ this would suggest to me that you may land a man (the lady is a lady -you- and the lion is a masculine influence and he's chained up by the lady here)... and that's great, congratulations! :party: The caution lies with the Major -- this is often like a dog-training card to me -- this guy might be a little difficult for you to handle, so to speak. Not only will you have to have "patience and tread lightly" with a "gentle touch" as you say -- you will sometimes have to be firm and clearly say, "No!" so that he does not continue to jump- er, walk all over you. Now- don't get me wrong here, I'm not saying that you're going to get a "dog" for a man in a derogatory sense, but you will be challenged to utilize your strengths in that way by this man, to build rapport and companionship, and you will have to say no and be firm at times, right along with being gentle and patient at times. Remember: Iron fist, Velvet glove.

Sun - Things that were in the dark might be illuminated, or I should have an energy of joy or love. Either that or it could indicate Summer time, and being in a space of sunshine and happiness. It also has a lot of planetary alignment which makes me think that this could indicate trusting in a greater process to bring things into alignment.

I think you're right on point, I'll just pull the trigger on saying what you think confidently in a fortune-teller style: Happiness is what is coming. Negativity or darkness will be illuminated and you will positively deal with it: whether that goes way back to any long-running issues you've been having (it is a Major!), or perhaps just shedding light on this particular guy's flaws for you, it seems you will have a much better understanding of things and you will have the power to positively deal with any issues that turn up.

Lovers - Could indicate a choice, or it could indicate that there is love flowing towards me and I need to be open to receiving it. This card in the Gilded deck is about communion, connection, being lifted up, being open to receiving, feeling love.

What's the next decision a couple discusses in a relationship (because you already landed the man in Strength)? Getting married? Starting a family? This card probably won't happen too soon, don't worry- it's the last in the throw here, so you probably have some time as those first two cards work themselves out and you and this guy are discussing these other things. It seems (since the Quint is also Lovers) neither of you are really committed to a decision one way or another, and it's more of a, "It'll happen when/if it happens" kind of deal with regard to marriage and/or starting a family. That's okay, cross that bridge when you come to it! :)

Just some more thoughts for you, hope it's helpful.

WolfSwan

Just some quick thoughts for you before I bury myself in work. :D

Love the question. I think Barleywine gave you an excellent interpretation, so mine is going to cater more to a female perspective, and your more 'advisory' flavor of interpretation actually follows upon my fortune-teller-y style quite nicely.

As to /what is coming/ this would suggest to me that you may land a man (the lady is a lady -you- and the lion is a masculine influence and he's chained up by the lady here)... and that's great, congratulations! :party:

Oh boy do I hope you're right on that one. It's been a long time coming :)

The caution lies with the Major -- this is often like a dog-training card to me -- this guy might be a little difficult for you to handle, so to speak. Not only will you have to have "patience and tread lightly" with a "gentle touch" as you say -- you will sometimes have to be firm and clearly say, "No!" so that he does not continue to jump- er, walk all over you. Now- don't get me wrong here, I'm not saying that you're going to get a "dog" for a man in a derogatory sense, but you will be challenged to utilize your strengths in that way by this man, to build rapport and companionship, and you will have to say no and be firm at times, right along with being gentle and patient at times. Remember: Iron fist, Velvet glove.

I love that, "iron fist, velvet glove". Boundaries and saying no, hasn't always come easily, and it's something I've been learning to practice more and more. As I've gained confidence in myself I've become better and better at setting my boundaries.

I think you're right on point, I'll just pull the trigger on saying what you think confidently in a fortune-teller style: Happiness is what is coming. Negativity or darkness will be illuminated and you will positively deal with it: whether that goes way back to any long-running issues you've been having (it is a Major!), or perhaps just shedding light on this particular guy's flaws for you, it seems you will have a much better understanding of things and you will have the power to positively deal with any issues that turn up.

I really hope that's what's coming. There are long running issues that I've been working through, so having light shed on them would be part and parcel of what I expect from any relationship. I do hope that I will have the power to positively deal with anything that comes up this time around, in this relationship.

What's the next decision a couple discusses in a relationship (because you already landed the man in Strength)? Getting married? Starting a family? This card probably won't happen too soon, don't worry- it's the last in the throw here, so you probably have some time as those first two cards work themselves out and you and this guy are discussing these other things. It seems (since the Quint is also Lovers) neither of you are really committed to a decision one way or another, and it's more of a, "It'll happen when/if it happens" kind of deal with regard to marriage and/or starting a family. That's okay, cross that bridge when you come to it! :)

Just some more thoughts for you, hope it's helpful.

Ah...that actually makes sense. I don't want kids so that's something of a choice! Plus I'm originally from Australia and now living in Scotland, so where to live is another question. I do want to get married. I hope I can have the "when it happens, it happens" attitude. I have a tendency of wanting everything to happen "now"!

Thanks for your input on this. Fingers crossed!!