4 of wands

ballerinabarbie

How would you interpret 4 of wands as an action?

other than celebrating? completing something maybe?

leelee

celebrating
cutting loose
feeling excited
being suprised

just to name a few :)

littlestar

I see the 4 of wands as an action to mean movement, this could be to a new house or a new job etc.

nisaba

To me, all the fours are about stillness of one kind or another. The Four Pentacles is about trying to keep your money still (in your own wallet) the Four Swords is about healing through retreat, the Four Cups is about boredom with a repetitive situation, and the Four Wands ("stillness in energy") is about focussing your energy inwards, which is why so many LWBs equate it with renovations or fixing up the home.

littlestar

nisaba said:
To me, all the fours are about stillness of one kind or another. The Four Pentacles is about trying to keep your money still (in your own wallet) the Four Swords is about healing through retreat, the Four Cups is about boredom with a repetitive situation, and the Four Wands ("stillness in energy") is about focussing your energy inwards, which is why so many LWBs equate it with renovations or fixing up the home.
Wow, interesting to see how we all view the same card differently. The wonders of tarot :)

Gazel

ballerinabarbie said:

It can be completing a relationsship between man and woman, like celebrating a marriage, i.e. marriage on a literal or symbolical level.

Seafra

Celebration of a goal that's met followed by no forward action for a time.

starrystarrynight

I see Fours as pauses in the action--like commas in a sentence. They, to me, are like the calm before the storm (and then the Fives come along to mix things up a bit and change things around.)

So, with Wands, you're going along building toward something positive in career or, in some way, your life's will...and then you take a rest to assess where you are and where you need to go in the future. With Wands, the four, then, is usually happy because you've been building toward something positive. And you pause to celebrate it (that's why weddings, graduations, family reunions, holiday celebrations, etc., are often signified by the Four of Wands.)

So, as an action (other than celebration), it could be any kind of a pause for assessment that you need to make before taking the next step. I've heard it being compared to a mini-World card in that way; i.e. the completion of the first step in the journey before moving forward with the change brought by the Five of the suit, and I think that's a good analogy.

Seafra

ballerinabarbie said:

When you complete something good, don't you sort of celebrate it in a way? Even if it is patting yourself on the back and pausing to congratulate yourself -- that could be called a celebration -- so there's your wand. You're 'goal' is complete or put into a state of equilibrium and there's your 4.

Oops, already posted here. *blush* Short-term memory loss is a real hassle. Sorry.

afrosaxon

I just read this yesterday in the forum library:

snowy25 said:
- the four of wands:
Shying away from your everyday life by partying to forget what's realy on your mind:
Not having a stable home situation.

This meaning fits the bill perfectly for a reading I'd done for a querent last year! It kept showing up and I couldn't figure why, since marriage wasn't immediately in the cards (ha!) for this querent.

T.