$5 deck sale at Llewellyn

Ilithiya

karen0205 said:
I just got my order from Llewellyn and only one of the 2 decks I ordered was in stock. I hope they send me the second one when it comes in for the sale price. My order doesn't give any info about backorders so I'll have to call them tomorrow. Anyone have any experience with backorders from them?

They won't. As mentioned previously, Llewellyn's liquidating their stock and aren't carrying these titles anymore. Sorry.

blackadder

Does Llewellyn send an email if they are not sending a deck? I'm hoping to get all the decks that I ordered, althought that is looking very doubtful now.

blackstormhawk

Since I didn't actually need any of the decks I ordered, it will be more of a pleasant surprise to get them, and money saved if I don't.

Annabelle

blackstormhawk said:
Since I didn't actually need any of the decks I ordered, it will be more of a pleasant surprise to get them, and money saved if I don't.
That's how I'm feeling about it, too. For that price, if any of them show up, it's like getting a present. If they don't, it's a few bucks back in my wallet. None of mine have arrived yet, but I imagine at least some of them will get here by the end of the week.

le pendu

Sorry if I've caused excitement then dissappointment.

I suppose they may not have expected the response they got, and their system wasn't up to the task of removing decks once the inventory was sold.

robert

Ilithiya

le pendu said:
Sorry if I've caused excitement then dissappointment.

I suppose they may not have expected the response they got, and their system wasn't up to the task of removing decks once the inventory was sold.

robert

Meh. I'd say don't worry about it; I'm sure nobody thinks that *you* did anything wrong! :D I highly doubt that Llewellyn expected such an influx of rabid, slobbering, deck-addicted Aeclecticians with a few fivers to burn. >:D

Illy

WolfSpirit

I guess it is like in any other sale...you have to be quick to pick up the bargains ! It is a pity you can't see immediately when you order if something is in stock or not...that and the only option for international shipping being the expensive (and probably fast) one.
On the upside...no need to be gutted if your fave deck is sold out, you will be able to find it elsewhere (not for $ 5 though).
And yes I guess people just go mad when they see decks for $ 5 :D

blackstormhawk

Word would have gotten around one way or another, even without us. One teenwitch puts it on myspace, and whoosh, the entire internet knows. Or something.

I do think it's ridiculous that their inventory control system doesn't report back to the online ordering database. It's not that hard to program a counter for "amount of stock remaining"

Sunburst

I just called them, and at first, they couldn't find my order under my name. I gave them my confirmation order number... nothing. She put me on hold for a while, then came back and said my order had been shipped in full, by airmail, on the 8th. I placed the order late at night on the 4th. So, I guess our orders should start coming in soon.

She said there was a huge rush, and they ran out of a lot of decks, but were doing their best.

Hope all of you get what you were hoping for.

Sunburst

Clementine_webb

3 out of 4 ain't bad...

Well,

I received my package from Llewellyn today, and was one deck short - the Ancient Italian Deck my deck of choice -which I wanted as an extra backup just in case.

Anyways, sent a quick note to inquire whether AI are on the way or if they've been taken off my order.

Funny, this A.M. I picked up my AI and tried to do a reading and got only gobeldygook. So I asked the deck, what's the matter? I got:

8 cups - I feel abandoned by you
Ace swords - I want to be the only deck, please cut out all the rest
2 swords - Until you decide, I'll keep giving you confused readings

...and now my AI backup doesn't arrive from Llewellyn...It would seem I have a very jealous deck...lol!