5 of Cups

Michelle

I had some medical tests done yesterday, and prior to the tests I drew one card from my Spiral Tarot. I didn't really ask a question- but the intention was for insight into the results.

I drew the 5 of cups- my feeling was that regardless of the results, I need to see the positive in the situation. Also,that it may a bumpy ride, but will turn out okay.

Any thoughts?

Thank you :). I hope this is in the right place.

Love and Light,
Michelle

lark

Love and healing to you (((Michelle)))...waiting for test results can be so stressful.
I think with the 5 of cups you always remember there is something in the situation to salvage...that there is hope in the future.
5 of cups can be a very self blame kind of card...so you might even see your health problem as being caused by you in someway.
Or get caught up in seeing yourself as a victum of a disease and there is the danger of making that into an identity...I have (fill in the blank) disease.
So the trick is to shake that off and turn around and grab the cups you have left and go forward.

If we are looking at the card as test results I would say that there are 5 main things they are looking at, 3 are not normal and two are fine.
My feeling is one of imbalance...three things are out of balance...too full of something...but there are two things that can be done to bring you back into balance.
so it is a card that is reminding you (as you said) of not only seeing the negative, and that there is also going to be poitive in the results too.

Michelle

Thank you so much (((Lark))) you have been very helpful.

I had a biopsy on Monday to check for thyroid cancer. And your insight perfectly describes what my journey has been since January.
Self-blame (did I do this?) Victim ( I take good care of myself...how can this happen?)

Two things to bring me back into balance....even if the nodule is benign, there is still a chance that I will need surgery and thyroid meds long term.

In all of the stress- I need to remember that IF I do have thyroid cancer, it is very treatable and the prognosis is good.

You are spot on! Thank you so much :).

Love and Light,
Michelle

lark said:
Love and healing to you (((Michelle)))...waiting for test results can be so stressful.
I think with the 5 of cups you always remember there is something in the situation to salvage...that there is hope in the future.
5 of cups can be a very self blame kind of card...so you might even see your health problem as being caused by you in someway.
Or get caught up in seeing yourself as a victum of a disease and there is the danger of making that into an identity...I have (fill in the blank) disease.
So the trick is to shake that off and turn around and grab the cups you have left and go forward.

If we are looking at the card as test results I would say that there are 5 main things they are looking at, 3 are not normal and two are fine.
My feeling is one of imbalance...three things are out of balance...too full of something...but there are two things that can be done to bring you back into balance.
so it is a card that is reminding you (as you said) of not only seeing the negative, and that there is also going to be poitive in the results too.

lark

You're welcome
I was wondering why i was so lead to answer you post...
I have my thyroid out!
I had the surgery when i was only 11 years old...and i'm still alive and kicking :)
And I know of so many people who have had this surgery...if it is cancer it is a very treatable cancer with removal and meds...so that is one cup to be very grateful for.

starrystarrynight

Me, too, Lark! Well, I was 17, and they left 1/8 of the gland because my cancer was encapsulated and easily removed. That was 40 years ago!!! And I am not required to take any supplemental medications (I guess you really only need 1/8 of your thyroid to carry on!)

Think good thoughts, Michelle. Maybe, as in my case, the Five of Cups in your case means they will take part of the gland out and leave the rest...which will be enough to provide whatever good hormones and other stuff the thyroid gland is there to manufacture or stimulate!

I'm sending you energy and light. The waiting is always the hardest part.

(((Michelle)))

lark

starrystarrynight said:
Me, too, Lark! Well, I was 17, and they left 1/8 of the gland because my cancer was encapsulated and easily removed. That was 40 years ago!!! And I am not required to take any supplemental medications (I guess you really only need 1/8 of your thyroid to carry on!)

Think good thoughts, Michelle. Maybe, as in my case, the Five of Cups in your case means they will take part of the gland out and leave the rest...which will be enough to provide whatever good hormones and other stuff the thyroid gland is there to manufacture or stimulate!

I'm sending you energy and light. The waiting is always the hardest part.

(((Michelle)))
That is EXACTLY what happened to me too..I don't take any meds because I still have a little piece of thyroid that works...mine was encapsulated too.
Now my neice had thyroid cancer and they treated and shrunk hers with radiation treatments...she didn't even need surgery...so that might be one of the good cups too.

starrystarrynight

Treatments today are so much different than even ten years ago, and medicine has progressed by leaps and bounds in the past 40 years. So, it wouldn't surprise me one bit if Michelle has the identical thing that we had surgery for...but today they can treat it much more quickly and efficiently.

The main thing is that you, Michelle, are being proactive and getting things done that need to get done.

We are all behind you and thinking good thoughts!

Michelle

((((Lark and Starrystarrynight)))) I want to hug you both! I feel so much better after reading your posts.

I think one of the reasons I have gotten so anxious is that I have been waiting since early January for some kind of answer. I have had all kinds of time to stress out. As soon as I know what it is, I will let you guys know.

You both have really helped and I truly appreciate you sharing your personal experiences with me. I can't imagine dealing with this at 11 or 17, you two are amazing!

Love and Light,
Michelle

Michelle

The Dr. just called and my biopsy was 'indeterminate'. After combining all test results, he would like to remove the left thyroid lobe.

5 of Cups ~
Taking some and leaving the rest....LOL...you guys are good!

Thank you so much!

Love and Light,
Michelle

lark

Well that is good news...not about the surgery, but because you get to leave half the thyroid and there doesn't seem to be any cancer...so 2 good cups to look at!
Light and healing for your surgery Michelle..I'll be thinking of you.