5 of Swords Rx - do they miss you?

Pique Dame

I pulled this card when I asked if someone I've cut off all contact with misses my friendship. There seems to be 2 ways to interpret this card: they want to make up/forgive and forget, or they are still holding a lot of resentment. I didn't pull a clarifier so this is all I have to go on. How would you read this one in the context of a friendship that's been severed?

G6

I pulled this card when I asked if someone I've cut off all contact with misses my friendship. There seems to be 2 ways to interpret this card: they want to make up/forgive and forget, or they are still holding a lot of resentment. I didn't pull a clarifier so this is all I have to go on. How would you read this one in the context of a friendship that's been severed?

Since there are no other cards would you be willing to share why the friendship ended?

G6

Either way, I don't think the 5 of Swords rx is a forgive and forget card. For me, it would just indicate an ending of the 5 of Swords situation. If it was a bad deal as in your friend did you dirty then the 7 of Swords rx would more indicate an apology to me.

Pique Dame

Either way, I don't think the 5 of Swords rx is a forgive and forget card. For me, it would just indicate an ending of the 5 of Swords situation. If it was a bad deal as in your friend did you dirty then the 7 of Swords rx would more indicate an apology to me.
Well, they did something very hurtful and disrespectful to me. I feel like I'm owed an apology, or at the very least an explanation. I'm very hurt but the missing friendship is still quite a void in my life right now so I was curious if the feeling was mutual in any way. I typically see 5 of S Rx as a card of wanting to bury the hatchet, but in this context, it could probably go either way.

G6

Well, they did something very hurtful and disrespectful to me. I feel like I'm owed an apology, or at the very least an explanation. I'm very hurt but the missing friendship is still quite a void in my life right now so I was curious if the feeling was mutual in any way. I typically see 5 of S Rx as a card of wanting to bury the hatchet, but in this context, it could probably go either way.

I think one or both of you are still dealing with hurt feelings from the end of the friendship.

Pique Dame

I think one or both of you are still dealing with hurt feelings from the end of the friendship.
Well, I definitely am. But, the question specifically was about the other person and if they missed my friendship.

G6

Well, I definitely am. But, the question specifically was about the other person and if they missed my friendship.

5 of Swords rx doesn't indicate missing to me. I would try a three card reading or another way to get more info. If you like I would be willing to do a reading for you. Sorry you are going through this friendships ending are no fun.

Pique Dame

I would try a three card reading or another way to get more info.
I'm notoriously bad at 3- and 5-card readings that have no positions. It's still difficult for me to string together a story. I do much better with a spread with each position clearly delineated. :)

G6

I'm notoriously bad at 3- and 5-card readings that have no positions. It's still difficult for me to string together a story. I do much better with a spread with each position clearly delineated. :)

Here's a link with a spread that might be helpful. It can apply to friendships.

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=225546

This is a link with more spreads to choose from that might help.

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?p=3705951#post3705951

You can always ask what do I need to know about (insert name) ?

Hope this helps! :)

Laurelle

The 5 of swords isn't a good card. Can't it also represent funerals? This person may feel like they got away with some very bad behavior. They don't seem remorseful. Even reversed, this character would still be bad, but perhaps mildly or ineptly so. They aren't as bad as they think they are.