6 of Wands in the context of relationships?

kmagdalena09

I have someone in my life who is having a really hard time with depression and self hatred, and he's pushed me away. I laid out a spread asking where it would go (kind of just wondering if we'd talk again, but I'm trying to ask less yes/no questions).

The outcome for the relationship was 6 of Wands after the Tower (yes, I know there is no real 'outcome' for any relationship as they are ever evolving, that's just the position it happened to be in). 6 of Wands in the context of relationships always seemed like an egotistic victory and I'm not too crazy about it, and I was wondering how others saw it. Kind of like "Hah, I got you where I want you."

An event that could possibly make me feel SORT OF that way, even in a situation like this where I feel for him and hope he's alright, is if he perhaps comes back around and apologizes for the way he acted (because as he's been struggling, he's been acting like a huge fool, not to mention said some very hurtful things).

Have any of you ever pulled the 6/Wands in a situation similar to this? Or, what do you think about it in the context of human relationships?

RaaD

Ok 6 of wands after the tower it seems to me that this someone in your life is scared. Scared because he is feeling more attached to you than he/she wants to. Probably this is the reason why he/she is pushing you away. by the influence of tower he/she does not want to accept this because this it seems to him/her as a turning point fo his/hers life where there is no going back.

agent199

Consider the prophecy aspect of it though, as SoW is an echo.

You have a significant change followed by the rider seeing all the different reactions on each of the people in the crowd as he rides the horse on a victory of some sort.

The rider doesn't exactly look all that happy on his horse.

So, what has the rider seen exactly?
Is he the rider, or someone in the crowd?
Do you notice the expression on the horse's face?

Just my take on this card pairing.

queenxofxwands

Ive also had the 6 of wands come up to say, "you may have to just tuck that experience into your belt" you just have to wear it. And following the tower, could very well be saying, ok it was a disaster, now i know better, or something to that effect.

YDM42

I have gotten the six of wands in readings for myself and readings done by others in this context, where is the relationship going. While I was told it would be victorious and this was the ticket...it was only a temporary situation that distracted me from another situation in my life, like much needed break. Nothing serious came out of the relationship, while at the same time no feelings where involved so there was no emotional pain either, just a good time and a quick friendship and that was it....Following the tower- I see the tower as somewhat broadcasting this, not amplifying it, but broadcasting it- making sure you know...calling it to your attention that this was a temporary situation and not meant to last. I could be wrong Im just now learning the tower as a adjective card or one that precedes another card.

ChristianReader

the 6 of wands represents him. he could possibly get over his depression....have victory over it or he could go from self destructive to being very cocky and materialistic. He may seem like he got over his depression and self hatred but he is going through the motions id say. When you go from feeling awful about urself to feeling cocky and "feeling" urself too much...an a-hole in short. You may see him this way also

danieljuk

6 of Wands in health readings is very positive, victory and overcoming your problems
in the context of a relationship I think also positive. Although they maybe pushing you away (because of their depression), just being there is really important and keep trying! you will overcome these problems. It will get better :)

imogyne

On the topic of 6 wands, I'm wondering how this is interpreted. I got an Ace of Pentacles as an outcome to a relationship reading. I added an extra card to this and got the Six of Wands. Does this represent a new beginning but only as friends and nothing else.

Thanks for your help

MasterJm

6 Wands after the Tower means for me peace, balance, love or victory after a "war". Energy in balanced manifestation too. Tarot Thoth and Thelema, the most genious, serious, deep and correct interpretations.

imogyne

Thanks MasterJm, but what if it appears after Ace of Pentacles in outcome position?