78 card Jean Noblet Tarot by Jean-Claude Flornoy

Sulis

I just ordered a copy :)

(It was the nipples that swung it :D)

le pendu

Look at the Knight of Bastons! I love his face... and the HORSE! Delightful.

Ross G Caldwell

I just ordered a copy from Jean-Claude and Roxanne. I have been waiting for this for ages!

Can you do the 17th century Bolognese tarot next? (I believe all the trumps exist, only a few of the suit-cards missing...)

Ross

prudence

rox said:
Well, our scan was glad to get the hand-colored cards pretty much right, but these court cards don't really reflect the colors as they are in "real life". The red here is much too "tomato". Too much yellow, I guess. And the rest are falsified, as well. I'll replace them when I can get something better, but for present purposes I imagine they'll do.

http://tarot-history.com/Jean-Noblet/jean-noblet-honneurs.html
Thank you Roxanne! These are wonderful, even if they seem more tomato-y than they do in real life.

Though I would normally be partial to any queen with her nipples blazing so proudly, I think my favorite is that Knight of Swords. He and his horse look so determined and in synch. I also like the playfulness of the Knight of Cups' horse, I'd love a horse like that. :)

lark

I laughed right out load when I saw the King of Bastons face looking at his nipply queen as if to say, "For goodness sakes put on a shirt we have guests."
They are all so expressive....love the Page of Swords and his diaper.
And look at the nose on that Queen of Denier...what a face..she looks like my Aunt Agetha.
I shall have to get one, this is too good to pass up....

thinbuddha

I sent my payment this afternoon. I can't wait to post a review!

Debra

Lovely, lovely! I've called the soldiers back to garrison and taken off my false eyelashes!

Paul

Wooo Hooo!

I've been waiting for this for a long time.
I ordered 2, but then wanted more, but then thought two's enough, and then wanted more!
I really am going to calm down.

jmd

ONLY 2??? with birthdays and Christmas and Hanukah and Mothers' and Fathers' days and any other worthwhile reason to give someone a gift ... only TWO???

And then, we saw what happened to the Dodal and its incomprehensible price increase to consider!

Surely they're cheaper by the dozen :D ;) !!!

jackdaw*

They're very expressive. I'm quite taken with ALL of the Cups courts. Thanks for showing us!