78 Weeks: a new study beginning 1st week in November 2005

ArwenNightstar

jmd said:
In case anyone else is interested, and following the major creative success of both CreativeFire and Major Tom, just thought I'd start the ball rolling again, and in preparation talk of the study a sufficient number of weeks before again embarking on another journey.

Anyone care to join?

(Cf previous stuff on A card a week and other threads)

After looking at what you did previously, I have to join in. Very intriguing. I think I will devote a new deck to this so I can learn it thoroughly. Thanks for a great idea and count me in!

Pipistrelle

Well I've set up my Keynote files with notes for all the different areas I want to look at (first impressions, keywords, numerology, symbolic imagery etc.) and I've scanned in the images of The Magician from the Classic and the Crystal....

Gah. Still over a week to go. :(

ArwenNightstar

Keynote file

Pipistrelle said:
Well I've set up my Keynote files with notes for all the different areas I want to look at (first impressions, keywords, numerology, symbolic imagery etc.) and I've scanned in the images of The Magician from the Classic and the Crystal....

Is this file something you would be interested in sharing? I would love to see it if you don't mind!

Pipistrelle

ArwenNightstar said:
Is this file something you would be interested in sharing? I would love to see it if you don't mind!
Ah, I'm afraid I must have made it sound a lot grander than it is!

Basically, I have a section for each card. Then I have broken that down with the following "headers" - just things to look at to give me some structure and so I don't just wibble around (as I am wont to do) ;)

The headers are:
-First Impressions
-LWB (basically, what the LWB says and how this relates to the card)
-Keyword (as I am studying the Classic, where a keyword is printed on each card)
-Comparison to "traditional" meaning (I'll be comparing to Joan Bunning's meanings in Learning the Tarot)
-Symbolic Imagery (using Pictures from the Heart as a reference)
-Numerology (as the Classic & the Crystal both have non-scenic pips)
-Astrological Associations (maybe...)

Pip

snowy25

Whenever I learn a new deck, most of the times I'll make up one or more spreads based on the cards images.
If I make a spread I'll post it in the spreads section and post a link in the thread.
I'm going to work on the Osho Zen Tarot and maybe I'll compare them with other decks.
(Haven't decided yet)

ArwenNightstar

Pipistrelle said:
The headers are:
-First Impressions
-LWB (basically, what the LWB says and how this relates to the card)
-Keyword (as I am studying the Classic, where a keyword is printed on each card)
-Comparison to "traditional" meaning (I'll be comparing to Joan Bunning's meanings in Learning the Tarot)
-Symbolic Imagery (using Pictures from the Heart as a reference)
-Numerology (as the Classic & the Crystal both have non-scenic pips)
-Astrological Associations (maybe...)

Pip

That works! And I adore your tag line. :) I know that game!

catz

78 weeks- how does it work ?

Sounds like an interesting journey- I am new - so could I have an idea of how this works ? ... meaning time commitment etc. Thanks so much !

Rosanne

Count me in~Rosanne